Who could be Zidane's replacement?

Who should be Zidane's replacement at Real Madrid?

• Lampard

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Kaká

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Guti

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Gerrard

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Ballack

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Cesc

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Totti

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Riquelme

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters
Yeah ok, perhaps a little presumtious to sell Baptista. I guess you have to find his best position though. I swear I saw a Madrid game this season where he was sort of a left winger(?!?!?)

Ronaldo's body language, not to mention his body size, is all wrong. If a player can't be arsed to get in trim shape for a crucial Champions League tie then what hope does he have? I've been watching some old clips of Ronaldo at Barca recently. Even as an Arsenal fan I'm prepared to admit that the Ronaldo of only a few seasons ago would have eaten defenders like Senderos and Flamini for lunch (no pun intended ;)) He's not past it, but you have to think that if he took proper care of himself like Henry he would comfortably be talked about in the same breath.

Get rid. Sell him back to Inter and get someone who's gagging to wear the Real shirt. Also, what happened to Soldado? He looked pretty tasty at one point (in a purely football, hetero sense :))

ThomasGOAL said:
You can't replace Zidane
I'm agree.

I think Real Madrid can't buy some players in the list as Kaká (could be the best option), and Cesc or Guti can't play in the position of Zidane as an offensive midfielder (maybe Guti, but I think he's more a mixed).

Ballack is the better player AVAILABLE at the end of the season, Bayern Munich knows he'll probably go to another club, maybe could be a good transfer but he has other characteristics as Zidane and if Chelsea go for him, I don't believe Real Madrid could win.

I think Ballack would rather go to Real Madrid than to Chelsea. The main point is that at Chelsea he'd have to fight for a place with local star and hero Frank Lampard, and Chelsea is a much lesser team in terms of history than Real Madrid. If I were a player and had the choice between, say, a 2nd place AC Milan or a two-in-a-row-league-winner and rich-russian-managed mighty Valencia, I'd choose AC Milan every day of the week. And I rate Valencia CF - historically - as a superior team to Chelsea FC.

However, I wouldn't like Ballack at Real Madrid. I fail to recognize his skills, I've seen very few games of him and haven't been impressed... however, I remember some games from his Leverkusen days, and those were good times for him.

Personally, I'd love to have Kaká as a OMF...

Gedtillo said:
I think Ballack would rather go to Real Madrid than to Chelsea. The main point is that at Chelsea he'd have to fight for a place with local star and hero Frank Lampard, and Chelsea is a much lesser team in terms of history than Real Madrid.
But the possibility to acquiring Ballack from Chelsea is if Lampard is sold to another club as Barcelona; Ballack would be the replace and he wouldn't have to fight with Lampard. Then I think in the transfers now the history of a club can't competing with the actuality of it and a greater economing offering in the idea of most of the players.

Gedtillo said:
If I were a player and had the choice between, say, a 2nd place AC Milan or a two-in-a-row-league-winner and rich-russian-managed mighty Valencia, I'd choose AC Milan every day of the week. And I rate Valencia CF - historically - as a superior team to Chelsea FC.
But the situation for a player of Valencia isn't the same as a player of Chelsea, the present time of the England club and the popularity that offers to a player in that team is very bigger than Valencia can offer now and I think it weighs a lot more in the decision of a player. I don't doubt some players can in agree with you, but I think are few.

Gedtillo said:
Personally, I'd love to have Kaká as a OMF...
I believe that he could the ideal replace in theory but I believe Real Madrid would have a too large effort to bring him from Milan; I think is "a little impossible".

If I would be the president I'd do a personal bet and would buy Rosicky (I know he has an agreement with Atletico Madrid, but I think these type of agreements are very weak).

Would be a bet because Rosicky hasn't had the best of his seasons in Germany, due besides a poor endorsement of the team of Dortmund, but I think he conserves the qualities to bright in the spanish football.

Back
Top Bottom