Who are currently your favourite 3 players to watch? (opinions liable to change)

For me

1. Ballack his positional sense is awesome and sometimes it's doing the simple passes which can be difficult..... not for him

2. Podolski this boy is going to be awesome in a couple of years maybe next year. Growing in confidence and awsome ability at a young age.

3. Clint Dempsey for me he is not a Fulham player to rugged for the MLS his passing and grit and just "Don't care who you are i'm getting stuck in" atitude wins number 3 for me

Cristiano at no.1, he's on fire, he's always been unpredictable and exciting, and now that's been magnified by 100x

Diego of Bremen at no.2, I can't claim to have seen much of him at the moment, because England doesn't get any Bundesliga coverage aside from Eurogoals or late night programmes on C5, but from what I've seen he's amazing

Henrik Larsson at no.3, okay he's only played two games, but those two games have shown just why we bought him, when the team is attacking he always seems to be on the ball, raising the crowd noise

1. Messi
A joy to watch, infernal acceleration, dribble and sense of where his teammates are.

2. Gago
Most aesthetic and most effective defensive midfielder in the world right now. He ALWAYS passes the ball to the place where you (sitting confortably in front of the TV) think the ball shoud go. Incredible personality.

3. Riquelme
So elegant. Always passing the ball to the correct place, but whereas Gago passes the ball according to his defensive position (to give his team an oiled ball conduction in midfield), Riquelme does in a sense of breaking the oposition's defense. It produces an extreme joy to watch him dribble and cover the ball.

in no particular order

1. Hernan Crespo - a true, natural goalscorer, his movement/finishing is just unbelievable, never should of left chelsea.
2. Shevchenko - he recieves too much criticism, has played in italy for years, plus he DOESN'T play the position as he would like to, Mourinho puts him behind drogba, where they should accompany each other. i have seen Mourinho play him at left wing!! wtf?, the guy is one of the best strikers in the world, class is permanent, look at henry's first year at arsenal = crap
3. Gerrard - yes i support liverpool, but there ISN'T a better central midfielder in the world.

Rosicky - Fabregas (rightly) gets most of Arsenal's headlines at the moment, but Rosicky does a very similar job albeit in a someone more quiet manner and perhaps with better consistency. He's such an intelligent player, rarely misplaces a pass and seems to pop up with a goal just when you need him. He gives Arsenal a fluidity that many thought we'd miss after losing Pires.

Lennon
- Arrrggg... It pains me considerably to exalt a Sp*rs player but the boy is quality, a joy to watch. I love his deft touches and aggressive running at defenders. He's the sort of player who gives CB's the shits, surely it won't be long before he cements his place in the England team. Better than SWP in my book.

Morten Gamst Pedersen - I haven't seen too many Blackburn games this season, and I've heard that he's tapered off a bit this year, but for me he's one of the brightest prospect outside of the 'Big 4' in the EPL. He's got effortless technique, great pace, and loves to spank his shots. Man Yoo were interested I think at one point. I don't think it will be long before he gets snapped up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x_zJECZ4aA :applause:

Last edited:
Lucho Gonzalez- One of the most inteligent players in the game, i'm lucky he's in my team so i can se him every week;

João Moutinho- Don't know many players that have the maturity he has and he is only 20 years old;

Fabrizio Miccoli- agree with Lo Zio on this one. He's extremely underrated. He's got great technique, pace, is very agressive attacking and is extremely unpredictable. Is a shame he's very injury prone and a bit unprofessional;

I haven't been able to watch many foreign games this season, so I will be quite biased towards the premiership

Xabi Alonso- Just makes passing look easy, he has great technique and balance on the ball. Has scored some screemers.

Pedro Mendes- Doesn't give the ball away, pops up with goals, great technique.

Rooney- Slowly returning to his best. His link up play with Larsson and Ronaldo is breathtaking, his strength and hold-up abillity is clear, and he starting to score again.

Iniesta - the new breed of midfield is born - this kid is just gold and i respect how he has stuck at barca and now merits a place among the best midfielders in the world

Evra - Has just exelled beyond words....... prone to the odd error but makes up by doing something extra good.

Scholes - if he could tackle---- are we saying all time best ever prem offensive midfielder?

This isn't a place for arguing who's the best. It's about personal choice. Read what this threads about. :roll:

I'd like to also mention one player (again Polish) that might make a big career in the upcoming months - it's Radoslaw Matusiak who joined Palermo this winter.

He's not a typical forward. Not only he scores many goals, but also gets quite a lot of assists.

The thing that is best about him (IMO) is his "arrogant" style of play. You know, like: "Don't bother to try and stop me. I'll score anyway." ;) (that's mainly why I love to watch him play)

I will make it 5 ok?

1 - C. Ronaldo (U always expect him to do sth With the ball, he's a one man Show)

2 - Messi (Great Speed And Dribbling ability)

3 - Gago (He's only 20, top class, the sucesor of Redondo)

4 - Cahais (A very Temperamental CB, i like watching him mostly because of his Rough but clean tackles)

5 - Banega (The Sucesor of Gago :P, He always does what the play requiers)

Back
Top Bottom