Which version best for online ?

thommohawk

Conference
3 September 2006
Hey guys, I wanted to ask this question because I'm sure there are some people out there who have experienced this....but purely in terms of playing online I cannot decide wether to by the PS3 version or the PC version of PES2009 because I do not know which platform has or would have the biggest base of online pes players to play against - I don't own an xbox360 by the way, so for me it's either the PS3 version or the PC version, this question is based purely from an online play standpoint since I don't want to be buying a particular version if nobody plays it online. Obviously assuming the lag is finally sorted lol.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

usually if there is a lag problem its more likely to be fixed in the PC version, like in PES2008 where people used hamachi to play online matches.

Yes I was thinking as much about the PC version quite probably being the best version to get overall due to it being far more moddable and etc, what was this thing you was talking about for PES2008 then because by the sound of it that could well be a decent backup for this upcoming PES if Konami servers are still like dogshit on ice.

Also I don't suppose anybody happens to have or know of any place where I can get older FIFA commentary mods for PES 5 which would also work for the Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution ?

Because that seems to be basically one of the best PES games and yet alot of the FIFA comm mods for PES 5 have expired.

Hey ThomoHawk, i think i have you on my friends list on pes6.
Even though i have PC and usually people with just pcs are fanboys partially because there jealous they dont have a ps3, i would still say get it on PS3.

+ You will enjoy the game more as its the best edition of PES
+ Youl encounter much much less cheating on PS3.
+ Less user made lag, alot of people have there PCs set up wrong so unless your always hosting it will be worse

- Most players on PS2/ PS3 i would presume dont use a usb keyboard to chat, So the whole chatting thing might be alot less fun, You might have a keyboard but eveyone else will takes ages to write out some basic words.
- If theres major lag problems you wont be able to resort to himachi. But if you own the PS3 version and are unable to play online due to konamis inability to provide a working online mode as descibed on the box, i think it might be legal to download a copy of PES09 on pc and use this copyed version with himachi as you wont need a retail legit version to run himachi.

So all in all,
Go for the PS3 version.

fanboys?? maybe some of us are not hardcore gamers, and just want to play pes. Why bother buying a next-gen console when u've already got the game on the platform that u have.
Don't generalize.

Whats wrong with generalization when its a correct observation?

I have been reading PES Forums for a long time, i even used to run my own Pes site that used to get 30,000 hits in a matter of 6 weeks and i have the go stats account to prove that.
Generally Evo Web has 14 members online at once, so im entitled to my own view and if that view is a generalization, who are you to tell me that i am wrong without backing up why you believe i am wrong.

"fanboys?? maybe SOME of us are not hardcore gamers"
Yes i know some of you arent hardcore players.

Your point is?

Whats wrong with generalization when its a correct observation?

I have been reading PES Forums for a long time, i even used to run my own Pes site that used to get 30,000 hits in a matter of 6 weeks and i have the go stats account to prove that.
Generally Evo Web has 14 members online at once, so im entitled to my own view and if that view is a generalization, who are you to tell me that i am wrong without backing up why you believe i am wrong.

"fanboys?? maybe SOME of us are not hardcore gamers"
Yes i know some of you arent hardcore players.

Your point is?

personally I don't feel the need to patronize myself in order to look credible.

Generalization is never the correct observation, its just yer observation on things, it isn't a fact.

You say people with PCs are usually fanboys.
If that is your view, then fine. But when you say "usually" that is generalization from yer point of view. Just because you see things from differently doesn't mean that your view is accurate.
If you think all PC Pes fans are usually fanboys why don't you go make an observation on the PC or PES editing thread.
Fanboy on what account? What did they say or do to make themselves look like fanboys, before you dish out an observation its important to back it up rather than just spit it out.

Last edited:
what does anyone think of the xbox 360 version of pes2009 for online. when pes2008 came out i seemed to find it better that the ps3 version. i belive that the lag issues were fixed better on the 360 than ps3, what does anyone think about this?

what does anyone think of the xbox 360 version of pes2009 for online. when pes2008 came out i seemed to find it better that the ps3 version. i belive that the lag issues were fixed better on the 360 than ps3, what does anyone think about this?

hello fellow pes fans, after much waiting for the new pro evo i have been reading this site a lot over the last couple of days so i thought i would sign up and share my experianc, luckily (if you can say that now) my copy arrived this morning. i have never truly enjoyed a pes game on the xbox 360 (pes6 was the best so far), the best game i have played was the last to be released for the original xbxox but i felt pes6 was a step forward and could be improved on given time... here comes the bad news pes6 was as good as it gets for the next gen online, pes2008 was unplayable and im sorry to report pes 2009 is even worse. dont belive what you read about the servers not being turned on yet, thats bull the game does not have dedicated servers the same thing happened last time, my connection is 10 meg down and 1.5 meg up this connection is perfect for pretty much every other 360 game, every match i have played today has involed players teleporting, glitching with the ball and basically just lagging so dam bad
every person i have played against has reported the same thing im astounded that konami have had the balls to release this game.
oh and dont even get me started on the dam screen tearing

offline there is a few nice touches with the menus edit options and game modes, but i dont care about that i play pes to go against someone not the cpu, and this years game seems a step back even from 2008, i would go as far to say the demo was much better than the final cut, a lot of player animations now seem forced and kind of glitchy nothing like the smoothness i have come to expect over the years, belive me when i say i have always been a pro evo fan, i was the person who would laugh when fifa was brought up in the convo, but the harsh fact of the matter is if you wat to play a football game online fifa 09 is your only option, to play against your mates stick with pes 2008. at the very least rent this game before you but it, konami will only understand that this is just not good enough if we hit them where it hurts, in the pockets.

today is a sad day for pes in my eyes, i wanted so much to like this game but i feel this may be the begining of the end.

(oh ps you can NOT play 2v2 using the same 360, not that you would want to after you see how bad it is)

sorry to sound so negative friends, but i just feel very angry right now.

Back
Top Bottom