Which MP3 player/application do you use?

D

DagsJT

I'm using the latest Winamp (which I've always used) but it just seems completel bloated and takes ages to start up these days, not like good old v2.76 which was great.

So which app do you guys use? Any recommendations for a nice, easy, lightweight player?

If you want plain old, processor-less, simple and dont mind the looks - Media Player Classic or VLC. VLC is capable of playlists and is very simple.

When I want something to use quickly, I'm just fine with WMP. The good old V10, I can't stand V11 'cause it looks weird to me..

But I have all my music library organized into SonicStage and I'm starting to enjoy it.

I use the geek's choice, Foobar, for FLAC playing and MP3 creating and J River's Media Center for MP3 library and iPod syncage. It means only having to use iTunes on the rare occasion there's an iPod update.

Winamp 5.54 Pro using the Winamp Modern Skin for my music. (That new Bento skin is awful).

For any video files I use VLC.

Winamp 5 with a custom skin. I can't imagine mp3 players taking up a great deal of memory these days. A lot of people have 1 - 2gb of ram to use on the desktop

foobar2000, uses very little resources and just point the thing to the directory with your mp3's in it and it lists them in directory order, what could be simpler. fantastic program, far better than the over bloated shite that is winamp and itunes these days!

Been using MediaMonkey lately and it's a great piece of software :TU:

Back
Top Bottom