Where are line defence, pressing and counter attack gone?

M

modena

Where is the opt to choose line defence, i mean, once there was 3 kinds: normal, sweeper and line.
and what about pressing and counter attack (ABC) that once was togheter with defensive line and offside trap?
And... mark settings? what is the new menu? he just make auto mark for himself and there's no more covering option.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've played with Milan and i noticed they have line defence as in pes5, Inter has normal defence, so they kept this different kind of defense, but where is the option to switch between them?

Theres big problem for all who dont understand Japan, cause theres a lot of things changed in prematch options, I dont understand a lot of options what do they mean ?

those options are there.

Just use fernando's patch and you get it. On the main menu you have to pick option 4 and then you get the same menu as before, those options are there in "Team".

What is gone is the duplicated options for Zone Press and others were you set A,B,C,D. Now you just get Defensive Line and Offside trap to assign ABC or D.

Pressing and counter-attack have gone because there is a strategy for those and it was a very silly thing to have those elements as both strategies and a 'setting' in the first place.

I think 'Covering' has also gone from marking settings, perhaps to make players with the covering star more valuable.

Yes i know there is a strategy for pressing and counter attack, i use it a lot. But before there were 3 levels, now just yes or no.
The "covering" marking wasn't the same as covering special ability. I read this in the official giude, i used a lot this option, it means not to mark a man in your zone but stay still in your zone and cover a spot when another player left it open.
And wath about the 3 kinds of defence: line, normal and sweeper? you can still choose a sweeper, but the line? The line means the defender keep the line and distance between them, instead to stick with opponents. Where is it gone?

Well theres also a D-Line control star ability. So I guess it relies on that now.

About quick settings in Fernando's patch it's not "keep layer" but key player ; but what does sucessfully means ?
Is it a way to counter the key player ? Anyone knows ?

modena said:
Yes i know there is a strategy for pressing and counter attack, i use it a lot. But before there were 3 levels, now just yes or no.
The "covering" marking wasn't the same as covering special ability. I read this in the official giude, i used a lot this option, it means not to mark a man in your zone but stay still in your zone and cover a spot when another player left it open.
And wath about the 3 kinds of defence: line, normal and sweeper? you can still choose a sweeper, but the line? The line means the defender keep the line and distance between them, instead to stick with opponents. Where is it gone?
There was 3 levels for counter-atack and pressing, yes, but there was also a strategy for these (:l2: + :x:, :l2: + :triangle:, etc) during the game. It was silly to have both of these options, and IMO they realised this and removed the option with the 'levels' (A, B, C). If you want to counter-attack or press now, you use the other way during the game (:l2: + :x:, :l2: + :triangle:, etc).

I still think they removed covering option because they want it to be a skill that only certain players have, like Makelele or Gattuso, for example.

Line defense, I don't know.

Fernando's patch, don't go by what that says as if you look at the select kicker screen it's completely wrong, it's not translated correctly.

Last edited:
The D-line control ability obviously replaces the line defence. Just like the Covering ability.

You all are wrong, i think. the D-Line individual ability (star) it means that with that player the offside trap will be more reliable. The defensive line instead is a way to mark zones different from normal and man mark, and there are always been these 3 options before. You notice when a defence perform the "line" usually because the defenders are close among them when the ball is in the middle and they don't mark close to an opponnent on the wing. Milan, for example, in WE10 has this.

About the new option: key player, it means that the cpu automatically decide to mark the key player from the opponent teams.
This feature, as well as the auto settings and quick settings and the lack of older feature like those mentioned above, make me think that they actually want to turn into "Arcade"

From the PES5 official guide:

"Specific to players that can play at the back (and, more often than not, centre-backs), a player with this star has a beneficial influence on his entire defence. He marshals the back line, improving its ability to maintain its shape and perform the offside trap. Not every team has one of these leaders in its defence - and that's a very tangible weakness. Do NOT underestimate the importance of this special ability."

If you tick the boxes in the quick settings they just disappear when you continue playing and then go back to check them again. Why? I do also have some trouble to get my team playing offensive except if I change that manually when playing. How do you do that?

Back
Top Bottom