Whats your favourite pes?

not strictly PES, but winning eleven 10 was just about the perfect game for me, it was a little slower than PES6 and the gameplay felt just a little looser, and with the added bonus that when your selecting the home/away kit before games, you can individually choose the socks, shorts or shirts to change, it sounds like such a small thing, but i was really disappointed when that feature was ommited from the later released PES6. hopefully konami will bring it back for PES 2008

I've just bought pes3 from ebay for 99pence and am so pleased. I put it on being optimistic as I'd totally forgotten what it was like.

its so smooth with its gameplay and very enjoyable.

I actually enjoyed it more that pes 6 for its fluid gameplay.

I sat there wondering - why did konami change the game so much from this. I understand that there has to be some improvements every time a new version comes out, but this was like the great games i remember playing all the time and would spend hours and hours on the game

nowadays i pick up pes now and again and play occassionally.

what a good buy!!!

1. PES 6
2. PES 3
3. PES 2
4. PES 5
5. PES 1
6. PES 4

Thought PES 4 was rubbish, probably rated at the bottom because PES 3 was so good overall (like PES 6 - seems just right IMO...) - PES 4 had worse camera angles in the replays, easy cut-back goals, players felt clunky.

I liked the fast pace and arcade like feel of PES 2, for a while until scoring 10 goals a game became boring. Volleys and long shots markedly improved around PES 3 in terms of pulling them off.

PES 1 was almost impossible to score when the ball was in the air (be it volley or header), so maybe that's why PES 3 rated higher too...

PES 5 player control just felt too loose, especially compared to PES 6 (the improvement from 5 to 6 on PlayStation Portable PSP was amazing - I stopped playing PES at PES 5 on PlayStation 2...)

Great thread! Like most of you Ive been playing since ISS and ISS Deluxe and I have to agree with GoonerJ who got it spot on about PES3.
I went out and brought my PS2 at 2am in Tescos when i got paid from work along with PES 3 and from the moment I put it on and played as Arsenal vs PSV (yes i still rem) and Henry burst into box and rifled it low and hard into the bottom corner of the post and in from an slight angle I was hooked!! what a great game been so long since I've Played it but still remember it was a classic as for PES 4 I cant rem playing it and I definatly didnt own it , but PES 5 was the worst one BY far I HATED it so slow and ...never mind I'll get stressed out talking about it .I have to admit PES 6 is very very close to 3 not as fluid but as close as possible I think.So in Short PES 3 followed very closely by PES 6.

winning eleven 10 man

much better than pes6 but id settle for both

but tbh ISS deluxe on the snes changed my taste in games forever .... and so did Final Fantasy 7 :p

Another vote for ISS Pro Evolution 2 on PSX but WE6 F.E was the nuts PS2 wise (good call zortex)

I just bought PES 1, 2 and 3 off ebay :)
I think 5 is the best, and I don't know why they chose the arcade route from WE10 onwards.
I'm never selling a PES again because I always regret it, and hope to build up a good collection of the greatest sports franchise ever.

I think 5 is the best, and I don't know why they chose the arcade route from WE10 onwards.
I'm never selling a PES again because I always regret it, and hope to build up a good collection of the greatest sports franchise ever.

FACT!!

PES 2008! Each year it gets better and better. I still can remember the first time on PS1, not to forget the great games with ISS on Super Nintendo.

PES 3, the less scripted one ever.

Many kinds of goals and shots. Good crosses, many strong club teams (Not only Inter or Chelsea or Milan, even Parma and Olympiakos could face Real Madrid or Barcelona).

It was also the game wich I played most... good old times... good nights playing with my friends. I still playing it, because after 3 years I´ve not seen every possible goals :)

It´s a shame no online play for it. I wonder if anyone could patch the PC version with a Direct Ip option :D

is difficult to choose a favorite, in all this time and in 3 generations of consoles, so ill need to make a ranking:

snes

-iss deluxe (was developed by Seabass, so counts as a pes and is the game i played most in my whole life btw)

ps

- pes 2
- and some patched winning elevens i don't remember

ps2

- pes 6
- pes 3
- pes 4

pes 5 skating, i mean auto-sidesteps sucked bad, but i like the auto-sidestep in pes 2008, its less exaggerated and more short.

just found out the first PES isn't on the PS3 BC list!

PES3....most balanced, least scripted, no lame goals

PES2....had its flaws..but more enjoyable gameplay than PES1

PES1....its not that great when you play it now though

PES5....Hugely defensive.Goals only came by relentlessly exploiting flaws or when the AI let u in.

PES4....The introduction of the infamous cut-back that Seabass has never managed to get rid of.

PES6....Scripted garbage. Noobs beating veterans due to 'luck'. 2 player games = 1p v 2p + CPU

Pes 1 and I think Pes3

Both were the slowest, least arcade unlike the abomonation that was pes2. In fact both myself and a fella called cleverpetey carried on playing pes1 until pes3 came out.

db

For me, probably WE7 (here in the States), can't remember what that translated to in the PES series even though I released about ten uber-patches for the game at that time.

Back
Top Bottom