What time do you get up (Week Vs Weekend Vs Ideal waking time)

DIRTY SOUTH

Conference
3 March 2009
DURRTY SOUTH
CABJ (BOCA)
What time does everyone get up in the morning?

I normally get up around 7am on a weekday. I start work at 9, but could get up at 8am and still make it in - but i need to get up early as i normally get inked every few months so i need to clean and treat it before i leave for work (so i get up earlier)

At the weekend im normally up about 10am maybe 10:30

Ideally i'd like to get up about 10am everyday - that would be great

Do you find in the summer you go to bed later and get up earlier?! I do! Im normally up around 6:30 - damn sun and singing birds! aha

What about the rest of you?

I'm awake at 7am of a weekday ... and not long after on weekends :( My body is used to waking up early so I rarely have a longer sleep when I'm off :(

Summer I do think I go to bed later and get up earlier as well. My blinds are rubbish and sun shines through really easily. I'm a pretty poor sleeper anyway and wake up probably between 5-10 times a night :ZZZ: ... or not :ZZZ: as is usually the case!

When I first lost my job I slept right thru til about noon and sometimes a bit later than that. Now, even though still jobless, I am up around 9-10am. I guess I have caught up on enough sleep

Ah jesus pansies...(that is a joke).
I don't need sleep at all...well hardly.
I begin to work at 7 AM until 6. 30 PM. Sometimes (50 days a year) i have late evening work and then i'm pretty regularly home round midnight.
To be at work at 7 AM, i wake up at 5.45 AM on week days. I never go to sleep before midnight (but not much later).

I don't care because i like my job enormously. And there is a considerably upside...while i'm working much hours i can recuperate the overtime in days off. I never count them, but i guess i have something like 60 days off in a year...
When i don't work at weekends (which is most weekends but not always) i wake up round 7 or 7.30 AM. Usually i wake up when i hear that my kids are downstairs. On sundays i wake up at 6 AM and i go mountain biking for a couple of hours...

Some of you may find this stupid or impressive, to me it comes natural and i really like it.

When i was a student at university i slept much more and i was living at night. And then at a certain age (33 or around that age) i discovered that i enjoyed waking up early.

I also discovered that i feel much happier since i sleep less...well maybe i'm weird.

Last edited:
I'm awake at 7am of a weekday ... and not long after on weekends :( My body is used to waking up early so I rarely have a longer sleep when I'm off :(

Summer I do think I go to bed later and get up earlier as well. My blinds are rubbish and sun shines through really easily. I'm a pretty poor sleeper anyway and wake up probably between 5-10 times a night :ZZZ: ... or not :ZZZ: as is usually the case!

im a really poor sleeper to - but not as bad as you by the sound of things...
it doesnt help that i dont live in the best of areas, so its like im swicthed on all the time ready for war - it cant be good

Ah jesus pansies...(that is a joke).
I don't need sleep at all...well hardly.
I begin to work at 7 AM until 6. 30 PM. Sometimes (50 days a year) i have late evening work and then i'm pretty regularly home round midnight.
To be at work at 7 AM, i wake up at 5.45 AM on week days. I never go to sleep before midnight (but not much later).

I don't care because i like my job enormously. And there is a considerably upside...while i'm working much hours i can recuperate the overtime in days off. I never count them, but i guess i have something like 60 days off in a year...
When i don't work at weekends (which is most weekends but not always) i wake up round 7 or 7.30 AM. Usually i wake up when i hear that my kids are downstairs. On sundays i wake up at 6 AM and i go mountain biking for a couple of hours...

Some of you may find this stupid or impressive, to me it comes natural and i really like it.

When i was a student at university i slept much more and i was living at night. And then at a certain age (33 or around that age) i discovered that i enjoyed waking up early.

I also discovered that i feel much happier since i sleep less...well maybe i'm weird.

i'd love to able to do that. I doubt my body could take it though (although, i guess you get used to it)
But i suffer from Migraines terribly and Im pretty sure i have some sort of chronic fatigue syndrome or something which means i need my sleep and dont function well for long periods of sleep < 7 hours a night

In the week I get up between 6.30am-7am for work and usually go to sleep around 12am-2am, occasionally earlier if I get tired.

Weekends I get up anytime between 8.30am-12pm again depending how tired I am and go to bed whenever as well.

I feel tired quite a lot but I always feel there's something to do instead of sleeping which leaves me with only about 4 or 5 hours sleep most nights.

Weekdays 5:30 :/ to get to school (on friday thank god I can wake up later)
weekends 10
Perfect wake up time 7:30 (the earlier the better, longer day you see :)

I'm currently at Uni.

Weekdays: All my classes begin 9am/10am, so i have to get up at 8:00am. Despite that i go to sleep late, like about 2am/3am (or even 4am!). I don't sleep well! In my days off (2 weekdays off), i make sure i get up at 9:00am so i can go to the library and study, instead of being lazy and sleeping in.

Weekend: It's the same, i make sure i wake up at 9:00am, so i can head to the library and do some work. I'm taking Uni really seriously, so i make sure i do some work everyday. If I wake up at like 1pm or something, i probably won't bother to go to the library, i'll just stay in and won't do any work.

It's hard to do some work in my room, since i got a laptop with wireless internet connection and over 5GB of music on it, an XBOX 360 with game, CDs and other stuff that'll get my distracted. So i just make sure i get an early start to do some work in the library and make it back home at 5pm or (if i can go on longer) 8pm.

Last edited:
I'm currently at Uni.

Weekdays: All my classes begin 9am/10am, so i have to get up at 8:00am. Despite that i go to sleep late, like about 2am/3am (or even 4am!). I don't sleep well! In my days off (2 weekdays off), i make sure i get up at 9:00am so i can go to the library and study, instead of being lazy and sleeping in.

Weekend: It's the same, i make sure i wake up at 9:00am, so i can head to the library and do some work. I'm taking Uni really seriously, so i make sure i do some work everyday. If I wake up at like 1pm or something, i probably won't bother to go to the library, i'll just stay i and won't do any work.

It's hard to do some work in my room, since i got a laptop with wireless internet connection and over 5GB of music on it, an XBOX 360 with game, CDs and other stuff that'll get my distracted. So i just make sure i get an early start to do some work in the library and make it back home at 5pm or i can go longer 8pm.

Stef needs to read this and wake up, he goes to Uni because it's £1 a pint.

7:15am - 23:00 during the week
8:30am - 23:00 during the weekend

Tend to wake up a lot and takes me awhile to get to sleep aswell. Pain in the @r$e waking up at 4am every morning feeling totally rested only to then have to go back to sleep and wake up at 7 feeling tired again (having woken up in 45/60min intervals the whole time).

Weekdays - 6:45am if I'm in the office, sometimes later than that if I'm going straight out to a site.
Weekends - Between 10 and 11am, as I don't like to waste the day.

Weekdays - Whenever our little lad gets up, can be from any time from 6.30am to 9am.
Weekends - Between 10 and 11am usually as Will lets me have a sleep in on the weekends.

The speed Tim drives its about half hour each way ;)

Is Plan M back ??? great !!!!
In which disguise ???
Please sent me a PM my friend, i've missed you ...

I wake up at 6 AM on weekdays, and on weekends I wake up at around 10 30 AM. But i wake up at around 9 on sundays so I can do some work.

I got up at 4pm today.

But then I only fell asleep at 4am or so.

Unless I'm woken up I do tend to get the full 12 hours of sleep, so despite having serious sleeping issues at night, I make it up in the daytime.

I'm nocturnal, sure of it.

I got up at 4pm today.

But then I only fell asleep at 4am or so.

Unless I'm woken up I do tend to get the full 12 hours of sleep, so despite having serious sleeping issues at night, I make it up in the daytime.

I'm nocturnal, sure of it.

I went to sleep at around 4am too. I got up at 9am today and headed to the library at around 12pm. I don't really feel tired though; but i have to go to sleep early today.

Back
Top Bottom