1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

What time do you get up (Week Vs Weekend Vs Ideal waking time)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DIRTY SOUTH, 5 March 2009.

1. DIRTY SOUTH

DIRTY SOUTH Conference

3 March 2009
    DURRTY SOUTH
    CABJ (BOCA)
    What time does everyone get up in the morning?

I normally get up around 7am on a weekday. I start work at 9, but could get up at 8am and still make it in - but i need to get up early as i normally get inked every few months so i need to clean and treat it before i leave for work (so i get up earlier)

At the weekend im normally up about 10am maybe 10:30

Ideally i'd like to get up about 10am everyday - that would be great

Do you find in the summer you go to bed later and get up earlier?! I do! Im normally up around 6:30 - damn sun and singing birds! aha

What about the rest of you?

2. DagsJT

DagsJT Retired Footballer

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    I'm awake at 7am of a weekday ... and not long after on weekends :( My body is used to waking up early so I rarely have a longer sleep when I'm off :(

Summer I do think I go to bed later and get up earlier as well. My blinds are rubbish and sun shines through really easily. I'm a pretty poor sleeper anyway and wake up probably between 5-10 times a night :ZZZ: ... or not :ZZZ: as is usually the case!

3. CW

CW C Dub Founding Member

6 October 2001
    Liverpool
    When I first lost my job I slept right thru til about noon and sometimes a bit later than that. Now, even though still jobless, I am up around 9-10am. I guess I have caught up on enough sleep

4. gerd

gerd Retired Footballer

8 January 2002
    Over the moon
    KRC Genk, Spurs
    Ah jesus pansies...(that is a joke).
    I don't need sleep at all...well hardly.
    I begin to work at 7 AM until 6. 30 PM. Sometimes (50 days a year) i have late evening work and then i'm pretty regularly home round midnight.
    To be at work at 7 AM, i wake up at 5.45 AM on week days. I never go to sleep before midnight (but not much later).

I don't care because i like my job enormously. And there is a considerably upside...while i'm working much hours i can recuperate the overtime in days off. I never count them, but i guess i have something like 60 days off in a year...
    When i don't work at weekends (which is most weekends but not always) i wake up round 7 or 7.30 AM. Usually i wake up when i hear that my kids are downstairs. On sundays i wake up at 6 AM and i go mountain biking for a couple of hours...

Some of you may find this stupid or impressive, to me it comes natural and i really like it.

When i was a student at university i slept much more and i was living at night. And then at a certain age (33 or around that age) i discovered that i enjoyed waking up early.

I also discovered that i feel much happier since i sleep less...well maybe i'm weird.

Last edited: 5 March 2009
  5. DIRTY SOUTH

DIRTY SOUTH Conference

3 March 2009
    DURRTY SOUTH
    CABJ (BOCA)
    im a really poor sleeper to - but not as bad as you by the sound of things...
    it doesnt help that i dont live in the best of areas, so its like im swicthed on all the time ready for war - it cant be good

6. DagsJT

DagsJT Retired Footballer

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    Where do you live?

7. DIRTY SOUTH

DIRTY SOUTH Conference

3 March 2009
    DURRTY SOUTH
    CABJ (BOCA)
    i'd love to able to do that. I doubt my body could take it though (although, i guess you get used to it)
    But i suffer from Migraines terribly and Im pretty sure i have some sort of chronic fatigue syndrome or something which means i need my sleep and dont function well for long periods of sleep < 7 hours a night

8. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
    9-10am, wife gets up at 7-8am.

Generally I go to sleep about 3-4am and the wife goes to sleep around 1-3am.

9. Jumbo_

Jumbo_ -

17 August 2006
    Manchester
    Manchester United
    In the week I get up between 6.30am-7am for work and usually go to sleep around 12am-2am, occasionally earlier if I get tired.

Weekends I get up anytime between 8.30am-12pm again depending how tired I am and go to bed whenever as well.

I feel tired quite a lot but I always feel there's something to do instead of sleeping which leaves me with only about 4 or 5 hours sleep most nights.

10. bulwa-boy

bulwa-boy Hala Madrid

20 February 2006
    Poland
    Real Madrid
    Weekdays 5:30 :/ to get to school (on friday thank god I can wake up later)
    weekends 10
    Perfect wake up time 7:30 (the earlier the better, longer day you see :)

11. Eddy

Eddy Non-League

11 April 2008
    Liverpool, England
    Everton
    i get up for work at 2am for work :/ then back to bed about 12 afternoon up at about 4.30 then back to bed about 9.30pm :(

12. Nick Cave

Nick Cave Wrexham fan for my sins...

10 July 2004
    Non football league waste land...
    Wrexham AFC
    It's Plan M...

13. Soul

Soul Banned

22 July 2008
    East Sussex
    I'm currently at Uni.

Weekdays: All my classes begin 9am/10am, so i have to get up at 8:00am. Despite that i go to sleep late, like about 2am/3am (or even 4am!). I don't sleep well! In my days off (2 weekdays off), i make sure i get up at 9:00am so i can go to the library and study, instead of being lazy and sleeping in.

Weekend: It's the same, i make sure i wake up at 9:00am, so i can head to the library and do some work. I'm taking Uni really seriously, so i make sure i do some work everyday. If I wake up at like 1pm or something, i probably won't bother to go to the library, i'll just stay in and won't do any work.

It's hard to do some work in my room, since i got a laptop with wireless internet connection and over 5GB of music on it, an XBOX 360 with game, CDs and other stuff that'll get my distracted. So i just make sure i get an early start to do some work in the library and make it back home at 5pm or (if i can go on longer) 8pm.

Last edited: 6 March 2009
  14. jaygrim

jaygrim TheAllSeeingEye

26 July 2005
    Everywhere.
    Man Utd
    Stef needs to read this and wake up, he goes to Uni because it's £1 a pint.

15. Dermot

Dermot Banned

13 August 2002
    New York
    Arsenal
    Yeah your wife nods off quite early

16. TikTikTikTikTik

TikTikTikTikTik *****

7 August 2004
    Liverpool
    7:15am - 23:00 during the week
    8:30am - 23:00 during the weekend

Tend to wake up a lot and takes me awhile to get to sleep aswell. Pain in the @r$e waking up at 4am every morning feeling totally rested only to then have to go back to sleep and wake up at 7 feeling tired again (having woken up in 45/60min intervals the whole time).

17. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC
    Weekdays - 6:45am if I'm in the office, sometimes later than that if I'm going straight out to a site.
    Weekends - Between 10 and 11am, as I don't like to waste the day.

18. DIRTY SOUTH

DIRTY SOUTH Conference

3 March 2009
    DURRTY SOUTH
    CABJ (BOCA)
    Anyone have to commute far?

19. jaygrim

jaygrim TheAllSeeingEye

26 July 2005
    Everywhere.
    Man Utd
    I just got up.

20. TikTikTikTikTik

TikTikTikTikTik *****

7 August 2004
    Liverpool
    Fluctuates from 20min to 60min by car depending on the traffic. Generally averages between 30 to 40min.

21. Yana

Yana R.I.P Fazzaday :(

2 March 2008
    Sheffield
    Chelsea
    Weekdays - Whenever our little lad gets up, can be from any time from 6.30am to 9am.
    Weekends - Between 10 and 11am usually as Will lets me have a sleep in on the weekends.

22. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC
    Drive 110 miles a day if I'm in the office.

23. Jumbo_

Jumbo_ -

17 August 2006
    Manchester
    Manchester United
    fucking hell Tim!

24. CW

CW C Dub Founding Member

6 October 2001
    Liverpool
    The speed Tim drives its about half hour each way ;)

25. Nick Cave

Nick Cave Wrexham fan for my sins...

10 July 2004
    Non football league waste land...
    Wrexham AFC
    I have to walk from my bed and pull the loft steps down and walk up them to my office if I'm not on site Plan M... ;)

26. gerd

gerd Retired Footballer

8 January 2002
    Over the moon
    KRC Genk, Spurs
    Is Plan M back ??? great !!!!
    In which disguise ???
    Please sent me a PM my friend, i've missed you ...

27. matt1288

matt1288 B4MF

4 May 2006
    London, UK
    Juventus
    I wake up at 6 AM on weekdays, and on weekends I wake up at around 10 30 AM. But i wake up at around 9 on sundays so I can do some work.

28. matherto

matherto 12 Times

13 October 2004
    St. Helens, Merseyside.
    Manchester United
    I got up at 4pm today.

But then I only fell asleep at 4am or so.

Unless I'm woken up I do tend to get the full 12 hours of sleep, so despite having serious sleeping issues at night, I make it up in the daytime.

I'm nocturnal, sure of it.

29. Soul

Soul Banned

22 July 2008
    East Sussex
    I went to sleep at around 4am too. I got up at 9am today and headed to the library at around 12pm. I don't really feel tired though; but i have to go to sleep early today.

30. matherto

matherto 12 Times

13 October 2004
    St. Helens, Merseyside.
    Manchester United
    I wanna see pictures of the house Nick.

I'm expecting something not out of place amongst the best of AVForums.

Don't dissapoint me now :PINKS:.....:CURSE: