What PC and how much??

Even PES2010 is still on DX9. :D

What?! :CONFUSE:

Wow... Why aren't they making use of DX10 since its been out for quite a while now? PES would look and play a whole lot better imo.

You guys are making me want to build one now.. :SMUG:

That's what i have :)) but 3gig of ram as i'm running 32bit OS.

Sorry for the dumb question but whats the difference between a 32 and a 64 bit OS? I've always used a 32bit one. Does it affect gaming in anyway? Or graphics?

Hawke, maybe you can help me...
I'll install Windows XP but it doesn't work at 4gb RAM, isn't? But there is some 'ways' to make it accept a 4gb config, do you know how?

hawke would a dual core 5200 9800gt 2 gigram considered high end?

and how do you compare this to the console?

The system high end has always been considered top of the range.
A high end machine I would consider as a Quad Core or i7 chip.
An 4870 or 260GTX with 4gb of ram, but different people have different opinions on what they consider to be high end.

Hawke, maybe you can help me...
I'll install Windows XP but it doesn't work at 4gb RAM, isn't? But there is some 'ways' to make it accept a 4gb config, do you know how?

Windows XP won't register 4gb of ram as 32bit operating systems only see 3.2GB of ram, Vista will show 4gb in the system profile if you have SP1 or later installed.

Wow... Why aren't they making use of DX10 since its been out for quite a while now? PES would look and play a whole lot better imo.

Sorry for the dumb question but whats the difference between a 32 and a 64 bit OS? I've always used a 32bit one. Does it affect gaming in anyway? Or graphics?

The difference between 64 bit and 32 bit isnt a great deal at the moment due to applications not being 64bit.
The system will boot slightly quicker than the 32bit version and if you do have any apps that work on 64bit like some parts of the Adobe suite then the performance increase can be up 250% faster than 32bit equivalents.

But I only use 64bit operating system because I have more than 4gb of ram.

Last edited:
thanks hawke and bsmaff

mjsmith2k, yes truly the game feels like its hardened by the restrictions of the console on this occasion i take the xbox 360 which i have and find it unnecessary considering the updated drivers by nvidia on the pc which truly shine in the game, my 8 year old plays with the console now, on the pc yes it is much more responsive and graphics are clearly well above the standards of the xbox 360, iv actually used the same monitor on both systems to prove to my self that pes on the pc is much more playable and visuals certainly are mouth watering on the pc, take for example the keyboard vs the xbox 360 controller, my keyboard does a better job with responding to demands like scoring passing dribbling, yeah surely a pc with a decent graphic card has left console in the spotlight

Ok Chaps here is the chosen machine:APPLAUD:

Case - Silverstone LC17,13E,20 - £88 (LC17)=PURCHASED
Fan - Noctua 92mm x1 - £14=PURCHSED
Fan - Noctua 80mm x2 - £31=PURCHASED
Fan - Silent x 15mm x80mm Slimline - £12-AWAITING STOCK
Cpu Cooler - NH-U9B - £42=PURCHASED
3 x Fan gaskets-£8=PURCHASED
Pioneer Blu-ray Drive £71=PURCHASED
Corsair TX 750W ATX SLI Compliant Power Supply -£95=PURCHASED
Cable ties & thermal compound £6=PURCHASED

So well on the way just need:-

Mobo Asus PT6 Deluxe V2 or D - £200
Memory - OCZ Blade Series 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-16000 - £103
HDD - Samsung Spin point F1 1tb - £55
ATI Radeon HD 5870 graphics - £300
WIN7 operating system-£80
Auzentech X-Fi Forte 7.1 Low Profile PCI Express Sound Card-£115
Intel i7 920, D0 SLBEJ S1366, Bloomfield, 2.66 GHz, QPI 4.8GT/s, 8MB Cache, 20x Ratio, 130W-£200
1.5TB Samsung HD154UI Spinpoint F2 DT EcoGreen, SATA 3Gb/s, 32MB Cache, 8.9 ms, NCQ £75

Just awaiting delivery of the BD drive & PSU. Fans are fitted:BOP:

Last edited:
Quick question.

a) Why a Samsung F1 drive when the F3 is only a couple quid more and better performance.

b) Why an Auzentech X-Fi and not a Creative Labs X-fi, as they both use the same chipset and the creative one has better drivers and alchemy.
b2) The advantages of a dedicated sound card are no longer much of an improvment due Windows disabling Hardware sound, hence for the use of alchemy.

But apart from that wouldn't have any complaints at all.

Nice rig there Dr. Just a bit suprised there isn't an SSD drive in that monster rig of yers. :D

1. Not really, using Dx10 wouldn't have massive effect graphically, but it would make the game look a bit better. It wouldn't affect the gameplay tho.

2. About the 64bit thing, as mentioned it'll only be an advantage over 32bit if the application is fully optimized for 64bit. The other thing is that if you have over 4GB of RAM in your system. A 32 bit OS will only recognize 3.5GB(in some cases 3.2GB) while a 64bit will recognize anything above that. But that being said, most games and applications only require at most 3gb to perform at the highest level.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom