What one player would you take your main rival team?

I'd would to have RVN at Barcelona =]
Or Casillas!

I think your present keeper is more than able and don't think RVN would suit the fluidity/system of football at Barcelona. Wouldn't Barcelona have to change the way they play to get the most out of a player like Van Nistelrooy? And would you want that?

Messi and Ronaldinho need a mobile striker to interact with, and the lack of width and predictable crossing would be an issue for RVN, wouldn't it? For me RVN perfect partner is a classic winger who dribbles to the touchline and crosses or a right or left sided crosser of the ball in the the Beckham mould, ideally you would want two wide players to service RVN...no?

If I was a Barca fan I would look to Madrid and want Robinho as he could easily cover or replace depending on form- Messi and Ronaldinho and I do not think the kids coming through are of sufficient ability and Ronaldiho may not be at Barca long if his problems continue.

Last edited:
You're absolutely right about RVN, vanzandt.. but i would like to see a good keeper in Barca, and i think Casillas is one of the best around at this moment

The love you shared for your rivals is why :lol:

Not get a game Mmm. So that must mean that Yossi benayoun who does get games is better; interesting. Arteta also plays on the left and right, so I guess Pennant and Kewell are better as well....or when Gerrard is played on the right then Arteta would be worse in the middle than Sisoko as well Mmmmm.

Sorry mate I can't agree with that, because to be honest I rate him higher than Gerrard as well.

Interestingly enough, I think Arteta is far more suited for a more central role. Yossi was struggling to get games until Pennant's injury, although Yossi is certainly a much better player IMO.

Arteta is far superior to Gerrard in certain aspects of his game, whilst the exact opposite can be apply to other areas. Gerrard has been influential and has won trophies throughout his career. It remains to be seen if Arteta can make the same impact.

Sissoko is more or less out the door, and reports are that yous lot are sniffing around him again.

I'm just saying Arteta would struggle to get a game with seasoned players such as Gerrard, Jim Mascherano and Xabi Alonso, along with the Brazilian footballer of the year waiting in the shadows to burst through. I don't see Arteta as the type of converted wide player that we need.

Interestingly enough, I think Arteta is far more suited for a more central role. Yossi was struggling to get games until Pennant's injury, although Yossi is certainly a much better player IMO.

Arteta is far superior to Gerrard in certain aspects of his game, whilst the exact opposite can be apply to other areas. Gerrard has been influential and has won trophies throughout his career. It remains to be seen if Arteta can make the same impact.

Sissoko is more or less out the door, and reports are that yous lot are sniffing around him again.

I'm just saying Arteta would struggle to get a game with seasoned players such as Gerrard, Jim Mascherano and Xabi Alonso, along with the Brazilian footballer of the year waiting in the shadows to burst through. I don't see Arteta as the type of converted wide player that we need.

Brilliant post, superbly balanced and unbiased and completely true in that context. :applause::applause:

If only so many of the people I have been unfortunate to speak to over national football had a 10th of your intelligence, football knowhow, lack of bias and had the same integrity Peter. :applause:

Too many people not talking football and using national teams as a pretext for abuse...the reason for which I am not posting anymore at this website.

I have no problem with people criticizing England, Everton or any team but the wholesale none stop negative posts towards the English fans in a wholesale manner has constantly made me uncomfortable at this site...

Sorry for the odd speech but there it is.

Been a pleasure talking to the proper fans here in this thread and in others.

bye

Manchester United:

Liverpool - Gerrard
Chelsea - Terry/Cech
Arsenal - Fabregas
Man City - Richards

Linfield:

Glentoran - Gary Hamilton
Cliftonville - Davy McAlinden
Crusaders - Stephen Shaw

Last edited by a moderator:
Every fucker is our main rival! the whole bloody lot'em! :D

Our oldest and bitterest rivals are millwall but they dont turn up to face us anymore ;)

and got to agree with steevio_uk in recent years our main rivals have been the spuds

In which case there can only be one player worth taking back to the Boleyn...Jermain Defoe :lmao:
Nah! its gotta be berbatov for me

This is a cool thread, i'm an arsenal fan but i can appreciate that our main rivals do have great teams and great players.

Man utd:
Nani or Ronaldo
Liverpool:
Torres or maybe Yossi
Chelsea:
Essien or Cech

Every fucker is our main rival! the whole bloody lot'em! :D

Our oldest and bitterest rivals are millwall but they dont turn up to face us anymore ;)

and got to agree with steevio_uk in recent years our main rivals have been the spuds

In which case there can only be one player worth taking back to the Boleyn...Jermain Defoe :lmao:
Nah! its gotta be berbatov for me

Your avatar is making so hungry mate!! :lol:

This is a cool thread, i'm an arsenal fan but i can appreciate that our main rivals do have great teams and great players.

Man utd:
Nani or Ronaldo
Liverpool:
Torres or maybe Yossi
Chelsea:
Essien or Cech

Oi...think you overlooked a player, mate...
West Ham Utd:
Christian 'The Genius' Dailly :lol:

Originally Posted by steevio_uk
Your avatar is making so hungry mate!! :lol:

MMMMMMMMMM! double pie and mash!!

Last edited:
bitter are we?:shock:

:lol:

Believe me mate, there is no bitterness from me.
I am well glad we have got shot of the cunt.

Played about 20 very good games for us in 2 years when he decided to play and not undermine the management, lie or decide he wasn't fit enough to play for us for 3 weeks but miraculously recover for Israel matches.

When he is playing well he is a class act, but at us his attitude was not right and not good.

I hope for your sakes he decides to play well and behave himself but to say he'd be the 2nd player you'd have from Liverpool (Ahead of Gerrard, Agger, Carragher etc) is just craziness in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom