What kind of graphics card do I need for PES 2013?

If you are having issues with stuttering on a Nvidia card you could try changing the power management mode to maximum performance in the manage 3d settings within the Nvidia control panel. This means the clocks won't wind down whilst playing the game.

If you are having issues with stuttering on a Nvidia card you could try changing the power management mode to maximum performance in the manage 3d settings within the Nvidia control panel. This means the clocks won't wind down whilst playing the game.

Yea I tried that but it didn't work. Their is a long winded way of doing it with riva tuner but riva tuner is not compatible with the 300 series drivers and my card wont take older drivers. I was looking through available drivers an stumbled across the new beta 306.02. When I was reading through the improvements, it said that that their was a fix for a game called "Titan Quest"
that was "Game-play is jerky and stuttering with V-Sync enabled" I uninstalled current drivers with revo uninstaller and installed the new beta 306.02 drivers. Pes is now running smoothly. Its a pity Konami didn't work a bit closer with Nvidia or Ati so we don't have to spend absolute ages looking for fixes to their F**k ups

For an almost 10 year old card I would doubt that very much. You may get away with minimum settings but I wouldn't fancy playing Crysis 3 with it that's for sure.

:APPLAUD:

I would think a Nvidia 6200 would have struggled with the last three years playing PES.

Like you say minimum settings maybe.

I found a very usefull tip from one forum but it is for Radeon users.

"One of the big problems is that the game is so low demand, that powerful graphics cards recognise it as a 2D applicatoin and autoapply 2D clocks and voltages which causes stuttering (as the gfx card constantly switched between 2D/3D mode)"

"I dont know whether your card will have the 'powerplay' 2D/3D clock system functioning or not, but if it does, then you need to make a profile which turns that $hit off. A common problem, is that PES is so undemanding of a modern gaming rig, that the 'powerplay' power saving feature of the grphics drivers mistake it for a 2D application and underclock the graphics cards. The effect of this is to cause the graphics cards to be constantly switching voltages and clock speeds during the game, which causes stuttering. Follow the instructions in this link http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117633 to find out how to create your own profile to disable this feature.

Another program to get is RadeonPro.

To keep things simple, there is just one important thing to be done with your RadeonPro ProEvo 2012 file.

1 Set Flip Queue to '2'.

Do this, and keep everything else at default, run your 'disable powerplay' profile (described above), run the game, and then see how things go from there.

There are many other cool tweaks that can be made with this program in order to improve the running of the game and to improve general convenience such as auto applying your 'disable powerplay' feature when you start the game and reapplying the default powerplay profile when you exit the game....but I will leave the rest of that to you to figure out for yourself.

I would also suggest you install a driver tweaking tool called 'Rivatuner', restart your computer, and then load up from.. Start Menu > RivaTuner > D3D Overrider and select V-sync and triple buffering to always on. But with your graphics card (which is not meant for gaming), this may not give pretty results."

Last edited:
It won't matter what card you get, the game runs terribly regardless. 2d/3d clock stuff is so annoying and pretty much a waste of time on 'buying' the game at all. Unless you want to spend a few hours messing about just to get a game that doesn't stutter all over the damn place.

NorD

Disable windows desktop management service, turn off all IM's, and the game should run smoother.

Alternitively buy a new PC ;)

I had a core2duo E6000(great chip) and a GTX560 and still had stutters, upgraded to an I7 3770k stutter free, with a boat load of other things running in the background.

Ok a few years back i used to play Starcraft & to get smooth gameplay i made a batch file to stop explorer.exe/start starcraft & then restart explorer.exe when i exited the game.New gamebooster beta 3.5 now has this option to stop explorer.exe whilst gaming,i tried it with the pes2013 demo & it cures my stutter issues.But i didn't want another 3rd party app running just to play pes smooth so i made a simple taskkill batch file that does the same job...Stops Explorer/Start Pes2013 High/Restart Explorer when i exit game & it works for me 100%...no more stutter.Note 1 This fix works great for me BUT may not work for everyone it's not a miracle cure.
Note 2 Stopping & Restarting explorer.exe sometimes causes the odd program to not put it's icon back in the taskbar so a log on/off may be required.And lastly i take no responsibility for anyone's PC playing up,whilst stopping & starting explorer is perfectly safe...you just never know.More info on stop/start explorer batch files -> http://www.askvg.com/create-simple-...orer-automatically-in-windows-xp-vista-and-7/

---------------------------------------------------------------

So for those with stutter issues that want to try my batch file simply copy & paste the text below to notepad & save as Pes 2013.bat

taskkill /f /IM explorer.exe
start/high/wait pes2013.exe
start explorer.exe

Now place your bat file in your pes 2013 installation directory eg: "C:\Program Files (x86)\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 DEMO" make a shortcut to the desktop from the bat file & run it.

yes mate i'm well thanks, been a while

finally bought myself a pc to enjoy the new pro evo

still singing?

Hi Hawke,
I made a batch file named pes-unlock.bat (name from jenkey patch exe file) but what is strange when I start it the default (original konami exe file) launches.
I also downloaded 3.5 beta GB and I don't see this option with sutting the Explorer. But what if I use Mozilla, is it matter ?

Last edited:
Hi Hawke,
I made a batch file named pes-unlock.bat (name from jenkey patch exe file) but what is strange when I start it the default (original konami exe file) launches.
I also downloaded 3.5 beta GB and I don't see this option with sutting the Explorer. But what if I use Mozilla, is it matter ?

see screenshot

Just a heads up to any nvidia card owners who missed it. A new set of Geforce 306.23 WHQL drivers have being released. Don't know if you'll notice any difference but early reviews seem to be good.

see screenshot

Where can I find it mate ? I have those.
Btw: what those values means f.e. 5000

beztytuurzt.png

Last edited:
NorD

Disable windows desktop management service, turn off all IM's, and the game should run smoother.

Alternitively buy a new PC ;)

I had a core2duo E6000(great chip) and a GTX560 and still had stutters, upgraded to an I7 3770k stutter free, with a boat load of other things running in the background.

LOL mate, you bought GTX 560 to such processor? Nuts (E6000). It was bound to happen. Your CPU would bottleneck the card. Of course upgrading to i7 would solve the issue and you would have full capabilities of card unlocked. ;)

I'm considering upgrading my 8800GT to GTX 460 at most as CPU I have wouldn't bottleneck it. ;) But getting anything better than it, would be terrible idea.

Btw 8800GT is beast of a card. Running for 3rd year now, still playing all games smoothly (on reasonable settings and 1440x900 res).

LOL mate, you bought GTX 560 to such processor? Nuts (E6000). It was bound to happen. Your CPU would bottleneck the card. Of course upgrading to i7 would solve the issue and you would have full capabilities of card unlocked. ;)

I'm considering upgrading my 8800GT to GTX 460 at most as CPU I have wouldn't bottleneck it. ;) But getting anything better than it, would be terrible idea.

Btw 8800GT is beast of a card. Running for 3rd year now, still playing all games smoothly (on reasonable settings and 1440x900 res).

Same reason I'm sticking with my ATI HD4890 like the 8800GT both cards are more than efficient enough to run PES2013 maxed out and more graphically challenging games.

Just a heads up to any nvidia card owners who missed it. A new set of Geforce 306.23 WHQL drivers have being released. Don't know if you'll notice any difference but early reviews seem to be good.

Mate is it important to install new drivers after reinstalling the whole system or uninstalling using other method ? Does driver Cleaner or Revo Uninstaler will be good ?

Mate is it important to install new drivers after reinstalling the whole system or uninstalling using other method ? Does driver Cleaner or Revo Uninstaler will be good ?

Well if you're happy with the drivers you are currently using then of course you don't have to install new ones. When I install new drivers I just do it via the nvidia driver installer and select the clean install option. I've never had problems doing it that way.

I see new drivers make wonders, I mean sluttering is now rare and minimal so very useful for those who have problems. Better effect is when I use GB 3.5 beta so these two things make the game smoother.
My GB don't see function connected with closing explorer.exe so maybe that's why it isn't default cause I use Mozilla.

Only got the GTX560 because it was cheap £100, i knew it would be a bottleneck, even so still ran a lot better than the 8800GTS and the sli config i had before one the cards failed on me, so all in all, not a huge bottleneck.

Hawke I have a question regarding your bat file I mean when I create it, is it necessary to use other programs to help with sluttering f.e. D3D Overrider, GB, Tune Utilities ?

Back
Top Bottom