What is your worst football league in the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plan M

Banned
27 September 2007
Manchester United
...and why?

This thread is for constructive opinion SO DON'T post abusive content. If you don't like a particular league explain why and don't get personal. :)

No idea, I've haven't exactly watched the Slovenia league so I can't comment.

I find the Eredivisie the lest attractive of the major leagues, but to be fair it does bring through some outstanding talent.

I really don't like the French Ligue 1. That game style don't attract me. When I'm seeing french games I always sleep. The less attractive of the major leagues, no doubt.
And one more reason. Olympique Lyon always on it! Its so boring!

Mine is (suprise suprise) the Scottish Premier League. It's dire. Crap stadiums, poor football, horrible weather, and it has been a two-horse race for the last God knows how many years. I know smaller countries don't have the money to bring in big-named players but calling their league "Premier" is laughable - I don't see what is so "Premier" about it. Celtic get on my tits too, their fans think they are fucking AC Milan or Real Madrid - you're not.

I also dislike Ligue 1. I have been watching it quite a bit on Setanta this season and like The_Special_One mentioned above, it is quite tiresome with Lyon winning every year (last 6 years I think?) Surely SOME TEAM can challenge them?!

Last edited:
Our own league: the Belgian Jupiler league although i've heard the Samoan Bounty league is rather dire too...

it is probably zimbabwe or somethin but it is nonsense for us to say it is a league

if we just think about the competetive ones
ligue 1 is probably the least attractive league in europe
because you know who will be the champions before the league starts

Mine is (suprise suprise) the Scottish Premier League. It's dire. Crap stadiums, poor football, horrible weather, and it has been a two-horse race for the last God knows how many years. I know smaller countries don't have the money to bring in big-named players but calling their league "Premier" is laughable - I don't see what is so "Premier" about it. Celtic get on my tits too, their fans think they are fucking AC Milan or Real Madrid - you're not.

I also dislike Ligue 1. I have been watching it quite a bit on Setanta this season and like The_Special_One mentioned above, it is quite tiresome with Lyon winning every year (last 6 years I think?) Surely SOME TEAM can challenge them?!

Fair to say the "premiership" has been a bit one sided over the last decade or so yes....Man united dominating all those years perhaps? A couple of Arsenal, Chelsea with a Blackburn title thrown in does NOT make it all that exciting

Fair to say the "premiership" has been a bit one sided over the last decade or so yes....Man united dominating all those years perhaps? A couple of Arsenal, Chelsea with a Blackburn title thrown in does NOT make it all that exciting

Oh and don't go back on your own original post. I think the bit in bold would class as personal

I'm not targeting any specific members of this board so I wasn't being personal. I know a lot of Celtic supporters where I live and they are so up their own arses - they think their the biggest club in the world I swear. (Yes, I know some Man United supporters can be the same.) :)

I would say La Liga.... why? with every SLIGHTEST touch players roll around on the floor like they have just been kicked in the bollocks! Its so laughable its untrue at times. I got lightly kicked in the leg so ill roll over 5 times and then when the ref decides to book the player ill jump up as if nothing happened.....

But there is so much talent in La Liga Dave - it's certainly not the worst league in the world.

How can you not like Ligue 1? Apart from the the top, the relegation battles, and battles for Europe are fascinating. And Ligue 1 is abundant with talent. And the quality of football is great.

The Ligue 1 football may not be the best in Europe, 100% ok, but it's still very interesting. So football and teams are not great but the league itself is very enjoyable. This season, to avoid relegation, teams should get 44 pts or more. Everything is still possible even if Bordeaux and Lyon are a bit alone this season. Despite Metz, any team has its chance.

I don't like watching Serie A but I don't thing it's the worst league.

Last edited:
I love the partisan crowds in Ligue 1 and the atmospheres are second-to-none. It's just seeing Lyon win every bloody year - it's tedious now.

The Italian League.

Some supremely poor football masked by a once great reputation, horrible organisations/teams off the field, and some of the most out-of-control, yet disloyal fans you'll meet (100 people go and see Juve in the cup games?)

I love the partisan crowds in Ligue 1 and the atmospheres are second-to-none. It's just seeing Lyon win every bloody year - it's tedious now.

Lyon are no longer that good, as they were a couple of seasons ago. I am hoping Bordeaux can at least give them a serious challenge.

Lyon has to deal with a lot of injuries and bad players choices. I think the team has the biggest potential ever and with the return of Cris, Lyon won't seem less strong.

Don't see the point of this thread, apart from the obvious.

I'm not sure if Plan M is a new name for Ninjabreakz, that would explain the thread, why I don't know.

Can't comment on the worst league, over-rated league that might be a different story.

FD

I watch competition matches all over the world on TV... There's no boring league for me, but when I watch the Dutch Eredivisie and after that EPL... Just WOW what a difference! gamespeed is like 10 times faster, everything really

I watch competition matches all over the world on TV... There's no boring league for me, but when I watch the Dutch Eredivisie and after that EPL... Just WOW what a difference! gamespeed is like 10 times faster, everything really

then you havent watched the swedish league, "allsvenskan" gotta be the worst league in europe, emtpy stadiums(avg attendance is probably less than 10k, except for big games where its 20-30k) quality of football is terrible gameplay is slow and there are only a couple talented players in the league.

we really do have the worst league ever thats why we watch every other league there is just to forget how horrible our own is:P

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom