[General Discussion] What have you been playing this week?

Cool, sounds a good game :).

No snooker/pool games feel that realistic to me though, and never can to be honest... Aiming a shot in real life isn't about thinking "left a bit, right a bit" etc. it's just a natural thing where you step back, look at a shot and then walk up and hit it, that couldn't be done in a game.
My highest break in real life is 77 (iirc, must have been about 6 or 7 years ago) but on VP3 I can't even get 30, even though it has near perfect physics and no aiming aid, that proves my point :P.

Pool/snooker games are still great fun though, especially multiplayer :).

You got a 77 break when you were 10?!! thats crazy business!

You got a 77 break when you were 10?!! thats crazy business!

Nah, I used to play pool when I was a kid (7-12 y.o.). We had a local bar at the end of the road. Used to wipe the floor with most people who played and often clean the whole table off from the start. Ofcourse pool is a lot easier then snooker but I would probabyl be able to have done that aswell if I played it. It's just practice.

Gran Turismo 1 and 2.

Found an old game save for both with all gold licenses sorted with the prize cars for each, so playing though them again is a joy.

So much better than any other racing games.

I've bought The Saboteur as well, but haven't bothered to open it yet, probably give it a bash at some point this week though.

Gran Turismo 1 and 2.

Found an old game save for both with all gold licenses sorted with the prize cars for each, so playing though them again is a joy.

So much better than any other racing games.

Gran Turismo 2 is my fav of all GTs.
Loved GT1 and 2.

I've still got my PS1 and looking back, I regret trading in all those classics I had from back in the day.

The step up from GT1 to GT2 was great, more cars, more tracks etc.

From GT2 to GT3 was very disappointing for me though, I think they had around the same number of cars in GT3 as they did in GT1, which was a bit stupid.

EA Sports Active: Still doing this, had ramped it up to hard intensity, but have taken it back down to medium as I felt hard was only making the whole thing feel very tedious. Still seems that lunges and squats seem to be the main exercises. Hoping when I get the 30 day challenge done and try More EA it will give a slightly better variety in the routines.

Splosion Man : Great game, but got stuck and had to don the tutu, then the next level I gave up anyhow. Will go back to it sometime, but not in a major rush.

The Maw: Played another couple of levels on this, not exactly sure what the story is, or what you and Maw are trying to achieve, but the change of Maw into a couple of variations was fun.

TMNT Reshelled: Played 5 levels of this last night. Sewer Surfing, how fooking hard is that level????????? The things that float, the portcullis's that drop down, man I dont think I will ever be picking up that achievement for avoiding them.

While all those 3 XBLA games are fun, glad I only ever paid 400 each for them.

Really need to get back to playing some Shadow Complex.

Fifa10, 6 games of UT but bored with it now (got it free so won't complain too much!) started my new MM with Sheffield Wednesday after the data update and enjoying it a lot :)

I've just got a Playstation 2 at the moment. Playing Pro Evolution 6 constantly, just cleared Tomb Raider: Legend. It was alright but nowhere as good as Anniversary was.

I borrowed DJ Hero from my cousin.

Loved it. Fun, great tracks, I was bored of Rockband and it felt new but I don't think I would have paid for it :).

I'd love to get DJ Hero but I don't want to pay £60 upwards for it.

This week I have mostly been playing ... Heavy Rain. Incredible game and one of the best I've ever played.

Also played Darksiders and enjoying that a lot also, miles better than Bayonetta (which is hugely overrated IMO).

EA Replay : Picked this up for my PSP, and number one game I had to play, Desert Strike! I still love that game, I played it over and over and over many years ago, and I was remembered to fly over the sea as your fuel doesnt decrease then, now; if only I could remember where the quick winch is! Tried out a few others on here too, Road Rash 2, which I was never a true fan of, though there is 3 of them on this disc. Mutant League Football never played this till now, loved Madden 92 back in the day, but just cant complete a pass in this game yet which is annoying. Jungle Strike very quick go on this, still prefer the original Desert, even the Helicopter model looks better I think in the first game.

EA Sports Active: Finally completed the 30 day challenge ( in about 40 days by fiddling the Wii's Calendar). Dont think I have managed to lose any weight on this, but definitely feel alot more toned, looking forward to trying out More EA SA, and see if that cant inject so more new routines or work outs. Got very tired of Lunges and Squats.

Project Gotham Racing 4 : Love this game, it's great, lots of fun, the sheer sensation of speed is amazing in this game. The tail of your car sliding out, just easing the power back on without losing it totally. Tis only a fiver at your local CEX atm, please, do yourself a favour, go and get it and give it a spin.

EDIT:

Almost forgot,

Sonic and Sega Allstars Racing Played this on the DS, very similar to Mario Kart, bar the grid being smaller, only 6 racers in a race. Moves fast enough and so far course design seems good too.

Last edited:
Yakuza 3. Loving the story even though sometimes it is too much when all you're doing is just watching and clicking X. Good story though and enjoying the mini games very much.

The version I got came with an extra soundtrack cd and a code to redeem a few extra stuff as well.

I've been replaying NFS:MW lately, as it happens to be the NFS game I like the most out of the lot.
Then, I had a quick try at my "old" FM2009 season with Como (March 2012, 16th in LP1A and struggling not to get relegated), and a little bit of PES of course ;)

PES 2010 (PC) - Brilliant, really. Couldn't appreciate it having played FIFA for so long but I got bored of FIFA a few months ago. Since I hadn't played a football game for a while, going to PES felt fresh and I had a much more open mind.

Looking forward to PES 2011 more than FIFA 11 now!

Lots of things this week, mainly on the DS.

Sonic and Sega Allstars Racing, on the DS, done the Grand Prix's, on easy mind as I find medium frustrating enough; and working my way through alot of the challenges. I hate two for the Monkey Ball courses, man alive are they hideous. Great game though. Alot of thought has gone into this game. One gripe, in the hit/knock out two other racers, why have that bloody circle slap bang in the middle of your field of view, number of effin cones I have hit!

Grid Again on the DS, this game is great, reminds me of PGR2 at times, mainly cause I have been thrashing round San Francisco doing races there. The handling really does work well, and races can be tight, especially if you do take a few corners wrong.

Ninja Town Have had this for ages, never got round to playing it till this week. Tis a fun little grid defence game, quirky even, only done the first two maps, but looking forward to playing more of it.

Lego Star Wars : TCS Prequel Trilogy now done, thankfully. However, the boss fight kinda things vs General Grievous and then Anakin are rubbish, no way will you ever be able to collect any amount of studs and then hold on to them to kill them off. Shoddy in my eyes. Great game otherwise, looking forward to playing the real Star Wars now. Compared to the other DS games I have been playing though, not really a short burst game, each level can take up to 20mins or longer.

Battlefield BC 2 on the 360, played some MP, but was getting totally pwnd, am now convinced online FPS is not for me. Then done the first couple of levels in Singleplayer. Thinking this game is more linear than the first game, which is a shame. You certainly feel more rail roaded down routes this time so far.

DJ Hero also on the 360, I love this game. I do like Rock Band / Guitar Hero, and really wish I could be better at them games, especially on drums! For me, DJ Hero has such great mixes, certainly there has been alot of time and effort in crafting the tracks for this game. I am playing on Medium and getting around 85% of the notes, which isnt really good enough, but I'm enjoying the music and whole mechanic of the system. Almost tempted to get another deck!

Sacred 2 : Fallen Angel on 360, got this to see if it would be something my GF would like to play as she really enjoyed Fable 2, spent a couple of hours on it myself! Never really got in to RPG's, but this game seems not too bad, tis pretty standard though I guess. Will look at some Co-Op with my GF though.

Picross 3D (DS) : Very, very, very, very addictive. And hard if you're like me, looking to complete the game without an error.

Afro Samurai (360) : Loved the show and movie. It's not a bad game at all, especially for £5.

I've not seen the film but I was enjoying this for what it is. Until the main character opened his mouth. The Avatar blue people will say something mystic to you when saying hello and your character will respond with something disrespectful like 'yeah mumbo jumbo to you too pal'

I was enjoying the story up until my guy started to show his true colours - what a f'n tosser.

Fifa 10 - MM, BAP seasons, created world cup tourno and clubs, enjoying all of it, i find switching between the modes keeps things fresh.

BFBC2 - Multiplayer with people i know in my squad is fantastic.

Trails HD - very addictive and liking the new levels, hope they bring out more additions.

360 - Guitar Hero World Tour, Call of Duty MW2 stimulus pack
PS3 - None
PC - APB Beta
PSP - Dead or Alive Paradise, Tekken 6

Back
Top Bottom