What do you think of the forums?

Mart

Executive Janitor
Staff
28 February 2002
NYC
Darlington FC
It has occurred to me and others that certain threads on the forums are, to be blunt, full of shite. Whether it's bitching or just immature arguments there's a bit of it about. I would like to know what you think of the forums and their content as they stand at the moment.

Praise, criticise I don't mind but I would like to hear from whoever has an opinion. Assuming it stays constructive of course. If you don't like certain aspects feel free to suggest what you think would improve them etc.

Am I allowed to comment or am I considered one of the shite-fillers? :eh:

I think the site is great, hence why I log on every day. The free speech is great, the amount of censorship and post removal is far less than on other forums. Although there have been times where a certain game gets mentioned in a certain thread not about the game, and I've said mods could be stricter and say "you talk about this game here, the other game there, and the both of them in the versus thread, any crossover or flaming and you're out". BUT, saying that, it's only certain members and certain kinds of members who take things too far - sometimes you only want to say "this could be improved, like in the other game", which in itself is harmless, but once one idiot spots it and screams how shit the other game is, chaos ensues.

The forum itself is brilliant, I'm nowhere near as active on other forums, and if this site ever died then... I don't know. I don't think I'd find another forum because it wouldn't be the same.

*Dabs eye with hankerchief*

It needs an upgraded Forum thingy. This one is so basic, there is no post count? Oh, and picture sigs?

Iam not a very active member here, but it is a great forum:)

It needs an upgraded Forum thingy. This one is so basic, there is no post count? Oh, and picture sigs?

No post counts stops people posting useless stuff (such as haha or a smiley) to boost there post count, spamming basically :) and picture sigs helps the forum load faster

Last edited:
No post counts stops people posting useless stuff (such as haha or a smiley) to boost there post count, spamming basically :) and picture sigs helps the forum load faster

Pictures also detract from everything, having no pics is easier on the eyes. Pictures are worse than Hitler. And I know what I'm talking about.

What do I think? well this isnt meant to sound as bad as its going to sound but.... I get reprimanded and warned when someone complains about me. I make a genuine complaint about someone threatening me and NOTHING happens..... why is that? do you admins/mods hate me that much?

Generally spoken the forums are great...IMHO the best in the world.
At the moment there are quite a lot of postings full of shit, but that's always so in this period of the year...everybody is anticipating the release of the new game and that is traditionally a period with nervous postings.
There is however something that has changed and not very positive. IMHO the quality of the modding is not as good as it used to be...
I know being a mod is not easy, it is time consuming and not the most popular job. But i have the distinct impression that a couple of years ago mods were quicker to react in sensitive threads. The best example is the thread with news and discussion about the newe PES2008. Each year some people on visit this forum i nthis period and this one and only thread and this purely to provoke...last year a certain guy was banned and this year he was there again with the same nick...it took weeks before mods gave warnings or interfered...that lack of action stimulates trouble. It is normal to have discussions but there always should be respect for other people...

And then of course (but this is a very personal opinion) there is less (or worse) humour in the postings...I miss Joost, i miss ClassicD...i even miss Glorygunner (well now and then) who in retrospect perhaps after all was funny (he tried so hard).

And then there is the "language thing". Of course this is an English forum, but sometimes native English speakers tend to forgetthat they have and advantage in dicussions. People like Thomasgoal (who seriously lacks a sense of humour IMHO but who is a good decent bloke) "suffer" because of that "language thing"...Native English speaker should be more sensitive about things like that...

Just my two cents (well maybe three).

I know being a mod is not easy, it is time consuming and not the most popular job. But i have the distinct impression that a couple of years ago mods were quicker to react in sensitive threads. The best example is the thread with news and discussion about the newe PES2008. Each year some people on visit this forum i nthis period and this one and only thread and this purely to provoke...last year a certain guy was banned and this year he was there again with the same nick...it took weeks before mods gave warnings or interfered...that lack of action stimulates trouble. It is normal to have discussions but there always should be respect for other people...

Gerd,

Thanks for your reply. There are several reasons for that, I think.

Mainly, we think there's no need for as many mods as we used to have until not tooooo long ago. Things have gotten pretty calm around here compared to the last few years, maybe that lead you to believe the mods reacted quicker in the past. I'll do my best to keep an eye on the news postings myself from now on, though, as I've honestly haven't paid that much attention to them until today.

Secondly, if you guys spot potential troublemakers, don't hesitate and press the report button (the exclamation mark icon beneath each nick). I don't know why, but people generally seem to ignore it or don't even know it's there. In times we miss out on the bigger fights, this could really help us and all our users alike.

Last edited:
I know I'm not a hardcore poster like these regulars are, but I do log onto these forums everyday and read most of the WE, FIFA, Technology, Off Topic and my LFC boards.

It is full of rubbish for the most parts, a lot of silly petty arguments which have no meaning whatsoever.

If it wasnt for the likes of JB, DJdoc and a few others who I cant remember off the top of my head, the forum would go downhill. I admire them for sticking at it and replying to almost every insult etc, but I dont know why they do it. Makes an interesting read however, because they speak more sense than 70% of the memebers on here.

Just my two cents.

PS I also love CW :) Every night ;)

DJ, were you not loved as a child? Seriously though, why do you need constant reassurance?

EDIT: Apologies, I realise this is a thread about shite and I have just posted shite, but it was only a reaction to the previous shite posted in this anti-shite thread. :(

Last edited:
lol nah my childhood was good mate. Its just nice to read something positive rather than DJ is a wanker/fanboy/gay etc etc etc

I forgot to add I agree with what you and JB say too for the most parts, especially regarding PES. I've had many a chat with Chris on MSN in regards to how shit PES is, but I really dont see why you lot bother trying with the other guys who just cry and say PES is great.

kev, I know what you mean and ill cut it out in future. I can understand now why I "annoy" people.

Understood. Pretty valid reasons:applause:

I like the forums, there's a lot of funny people here and some good comedy.

People that complain just to complain are rather annoying though, I just hope you guys don't get as strict as other PES fan sites.

It's a great forum in my opinion. Though there's been quite a lot of tension recently, I don't think it's something you really need to worry about. On the whole, the site has a good atmosphere; laid back, while retaining a decent level of discipline.

Last edited:
I love the forums. I dont imagine not cheking whats goin on every hour :D
I only dont like people that are shouting at me and some other guys for talking about nets. Most o fthem turn out to whine anout boots and turfs. I aint stopping them but why are they stopping me?

but on the whole I love the forums

The PES2008/FIFA 08 threads were just calming down and becoming normal, and now it's all "you're a fanboy" again. :cry:

I have an idea around all this (sometimes rather insulting) fanboy-thing...
I think it's safe to presume that in the end we are all fanboys (which sane person would waste his time on an internet forum dedicated to a video game...only the most fanatic fans).
So lets agree that everybody is a fanboy and let the mods give warning to everybody who is stating the obvious...

The oldest fanboy around...

Can we have an "Other Football Games" forum please? That way we have somewhere to discuss different aspects of different football games rather than being lumped all in the same thread, for example there will be those who'd like to share and read a "Fifa08 Manager Mode Stories" thread, a la the ML story threads except these will include stories about playing more than 7 different teams all the time ;)

Arse it I'll do this here.

Wondering how I go about getting my old account Badgerman unbanned.

It was banned by mistake but I can't seem to get ahold of the guy that did it.

The reason was "multiple offensive posting" and I managed to pick up that it was actually linked to one post and the main aggrievance was that it was racist and insulting, even though it wasnt insulting to anyone nor was it racist.

Thanks in advance.

Arse it I'll do this here.

Wondering how I go about getting my old account Badgerman unbanned.

It was banned by mistake but I can't seem to get ahold of the guy that did it.

The reason was "multiple offensive posting" and I managed to pick up that it was actually linked to one post and the main aggrievance was that it was racist and insulting, even though it wasnt insulting to anyone nor was it racist.

Thanks in advance.

I've sent you an email two hours ago to that address you've used for creating your last account.

Your Badgerman account will be banned for one week and not permanently.

Reason has prevailed.

Seriously, thanks a lot.

I wont post on any account (after this) until that week is over.

Much love.

Back
Top Bottom