1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

What do YOU think of the Celtic V Rangers derby?

Discussion in 'Football' started by El Diego, 17 January 2007.

Celtic V Rangers Derby

1. It's become a BOREFEST!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Come on, it's the only time in the season where our club plays decent opposition!

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. I LOVE IT! It's one of the biggest derbies in the WORLD!

12 vote(s)
    70.6%
  4. I don't care. They are two of the most overrated clubs in Europe

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  1. El Diego

El Diego Guest

Does it still get your blood boiling and emotions flowing or are you sick of seeing them play each other 10 times a season?

2. seek

seek K-League

1 August 2005
    Seoul
    Liverpool FC
    Troll.

3. 200_pesos

200_pesos Guille, no te olvidare!!!

1 July 2005
    New York, NY
    Boca Juniors, Legia
    I think it's nice...not like Boca vs. River of course but it's a good one to be sure.

4. Jake_Hazuki

Jake_Hazuki League 2

23 December 2006
    Scotland
    AS Roma
    I think that its ok, don't love but don't hate it but Scotland does have some other teams that are good like Aberdeen and Hearts.

And El Diego do you have a hate against Scottish football ?

because looking at the Rangers thread it looks like you do.

5. gerd

gerd Retired Footballer

8 January 2002
    Over the moon
    KRC Genk, Spurs
    Whether you like it or not, it's one of the most attractive derbies in the world (just like River-Boca, Real-Barça and Den Hoek-Alsemberg).
    I'm not Scottish but i'm fed up with the way quite a few English football "fans" are bringing Scottish football down.
    To me (and in spite of the bigotry) Celtic-Rangers is still one of the most attractive football matches in the world and as Belgian football fan i would love to see one these matches live...i still think the Celtic fans are among the best in the world..which adds to the overall spectacle...

6. Jake_Hazuki

Jake_Hazuki League 2

23 December 2006
    Scotland
    AS Roma
    :applause:

I think that a lot English people put Scotland down in sports saying that England is the best when its not and I'm not saying Scotland the best neither.

7. El Diego

El Diego Guest

I don't think English football is best, far from it. I just wondered what people thought of the 'Old Firm' derby. People saying it's one of the biggest derbies in the world is just ridiculous.

8. bebo

bebo Looking for a Manager

25 July 2005
    Arsenal Thread
    The Arsenal FC
    What are rangers? are they they old or the new blue ffs.

Last edited: 18 January 2007
  9. Cloud1863

Cloud1863 Premiership

10 December 2004
    Stoke City
    To say it isn't one of the biggest derby matches in the world is ridiculous.

The biggest are the following in no particular order....

Boca v River
    Galatasary v Fenerbahce
    Roma v Lazio
    Inter v Milan
    Olympiacos v Panathinaikos
    and Rangers v Celtic.

Others that are rivalries and NOT derby matches.....

Barca v Real
    Man U v Liverpool

Everyone will have their own prerogative but these ones will come out most times when you mention this subject. Half of these derby matches are not just footballed based, they are social(class), national, religion based or political. Very few of them are just about the football this is what makes some of them the strongest derby matches in the world.