What Are You Listerning To Now

Hot Fuss is a great album, it was a suprise as I thought it would be complete and utter shite bar mr brightside and somebody told me. Listen to ontop its brillant.

I've been listening to the Libertines again lately, even though their frontman is a dickhead they made some great music! Also:

The Killers
Bloc Party
Kasabian
Doves
Kings of Leon

Elvis Costello - Shipbuilding
PJ Harvey and Sparklehorse - It's a Wonderful Life
Bruce Springsteen - Dancing in the Dark
The Pogues - Dirty Old Town
Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around

LCD Sound System
Bright Eyes (fantastic)
Johnny Cash
Johann Sebastian Bach (The Brandenburg Concerto!!!)
The Clash

Stan said:
Bright Eyes (fantastic)
Have you got both of his new ones? What do you think? I haven't got any of his stuff yet but was going to get the new ones as I'd heard a song or two.

Next 5 tracks in playlist:

Shpongle - Divine Moments of Truth
Infected Mushroom - Montoya Rmx
Shpongle - Around the World in a Tea Daze
Yoji Biomehanika - Hardstyle Disco
Klute - Saviour

Doves - Some Cities, great album.

That's about it, first album I've heard in a while I've liked, I'm getting old and cynical.

Stan said:
LCD Sound System
Bright Eyes (fantastic)
Johnny Cash
Johann Sebastian Bach (The Brandenburg Concerto!!!)
The Clash

Great selection, Bright Eyes is/are fantastic and Johnny Cash's The Man Comes around is one of the best albums i've heard in a long time.

Mart, Bright Eyes have to albums out. One is classic American music with amongst others Emmylou Harris (the one and only). The other (digital ash in a digital urn) is an electronic one...this one is quite different from what Bright Eyes usually does but is very good aswell...Both albums are instant classics...Buy them...
Monday i went to a concert of Bright Eyes in Brussels: great.
Also liked the support act: Rilo Kiley, never heard of that band...can someone recommend an album????
But Bright Eyes were class...

You guys should also listen to The Brandenburg Concerto from Bach (oh and i'm deadly serious)...this is Sonic Youth avant la lettre...

gerd said:
You guys should also listen to The Brandenburg Concerto from Bach (oh and i'm deadly serious)...this is Sonic Youth avant la lettre...

Yeah, isnt it known that Sonic Youth like classical music, and jazz music for that matter.

Also, from what I have heard from Bright Eyes I like :) Cant remember the songs but I heard a few somewhere
Might check em out later, any specific songs to start from?

current fave tunes at the minute include:

the bravery - honest mistake
my chemical romance - i'm not okay
graham coxon - freakin' out
and lovin bloc party and kaiser chiefs music

Kyuss = Green Machine
Filter = Hey man nice shot
The Cult = Rise
Nebula = Giant
Nirvana = About a girl
Vines = Ride
Megadeth = Almost Honest
Spineshank = New Disease
Staind = Price to play

Oh and currently i'm listening to a very good live CD from Radiohead. I bought it yesterday...it's a DVD+CD from the concert at Gladstonbury in 2003...
I "discovered" Radiohead last year (i know, i know...) and found out i really like them...Never had the chance to go to a concert of that band...

I wonder if this DVD+DVD is official or a bootleg.

It's a bootleg I think. I had it on my pc a while ago. I also have the Radiohead live at Glastonbury '97 cd, which is very good.

Visa - Fly Away - Time Ladies Please Mix
Stereo Star - Utopia - Dub
Vinylgroover & The Redhead - Hopscotch

when is the system of the down new album coming out????

Lodger-songs welll theres 3 at the mo if i get more maybe 4/5

Got 2 new albums today -

Kyuss - And the circus leaves town --- class album by Kyuss. Very explosive opening track

Trust Company - True Parallels ---- much better than their first album. The Songs sound louder and more similar to Downfall.

Starsky said:
Wires by Athlete makes me want to shoot myself. That is all.
All music form Athlete, Keane and all the other of these new retro bands makes me want to shoot myself, its so repetitve and boring.

Back
Top Bottom