What are you listening to?

Nothing has been wrong with Canibus' lyrics - it's his choice of beats that have always been suspect.
I usually find that a lot of underground artist tend to you use the most annoying beats in their songs.

I reckon it's probably because they don't have the money to be shelling out half a mil on a Just Blaze beat or something lol.

F*ck the media - they don't give a damn about hip hop. if it ain't got girls dancing, snapping, and diamonds in the video - they don't wanna know. Completely raped our culture.
A lot of that has to be blamed on the artist, not keeping tradition. The media only highlights the most popular thing about, which at the end of the day leads to $$$ ;)

Jazzy Jeff - The Magnificent

don't sleep.
I'll check it out soon.

also, props Stringer on the Stretch Armstrong blog. Bought tears to my eyes.
No problem mate.

My most anticipated album of the year arrived through my door finally after having it on pre-order for 2 months. I have truly never been this excited about the prospect of hearing an album.

Good to report then, that its as good as I'd hoped.

For any fans of DARTZ! I mentioned earlier in the thread, or for anyone with ears basically, check these guys out.

Tellison (www.myspace.com/tellison). The album is Contact! Contact!
Absolutely amazing.

Just heard some Pigeon Detectives songs on the radio as well - superb, this is some of the best music I've heard in ages.

Kleimann I also like Civil War by G'n'R :) thats a good one. "Whats so civil about war anyway?"

Kleimann I also like Civil War by G'n'R :) thats a good one. "Whats so civil about war anyway?"
yes, with that sentence they got the sense of the song spot on.

You made me want to listen to Use your illusion II now :lmao:

DJ Felli Fel feat. Diddy, Ludacris, Lil Jon & Akon - Get Buck In Here

So hooked on this right now.

Last 5 played:

Sublime ~ "Doin' Time"
Rock Kills Kid ~ "I Turn My Camera On"
Crazy Bald Heads ~ "First Born"
Fink ~ "This Is The Thing"
The Album Leaf ~ "The Outer Banks"

Trance Nation 2 Mixed by system F Ferry Corsten... my god how dodgy can his mixing be? some great tunes on this album and some not so great ones but ive never heard him mix this badly before!

Back
Top Bottom