west ham thread !

Dunno I imagine it'll come out when it goes to court, probably an argument over the relationship or something though. Maybe he was being a twat so Davenport and the mother told him to do one or something along those lines.

I don't know any real truth in it all, so please don't quote me.
I have heard that Davenport was pretty rough with his sister, said something along the lines of 'ni**er loving cunt'.
Of course, this is no excuse for what the fella did with the knife attack.

To be honest, the one in all of this, who'll no doubt have been in no trouble, is his sister - trouble making chav fuck-knuckle.
Horrible, nasty piece of work by all accounts.

As for the Millwall game, blimey, I've not been on here for a long time and it's amazing what is written about the incident by people who wasn't even there on the night!

West Ham vs Tottenham had 1200 police on duty for the home game immediately before.

The police decide to cut Millwall's allocation by 1,000, causing more frustrated fans to go to an evening game which wasn't on TV, having been able to drink all day...
Then they go and decide to send in only about 400 police to manage one of the most hated rival games in European football, alongside some woefully unqualified stewards.
What did they think was going to happen?!!

Monumental fuck-up by the police which is easy for them and the authorities to lay the blame at the club's feet.
West Ham done all they could to put in place safety measures that were asked of them. You physically cannot stop certain things happening, no matter how prepared you are.
Whereas the Police made a complete shambles organising this night... but yet again, they will receive no sanctioning.
'Let's just blame the football yobs'.

Of course, some Millwall and West Ham fans were not innocent in all of this at all... I'm not trying to defend those.

It's amazing how some incidents are depicted in the media:

Chelsea fans and Fulham invade the Craven Cottage pitch a year or so back and were actually fighting on the pitch.

Did we hear more than a 5 minute peep at that? Did we fuck.

Man Utd fans goading and near assaulting police at Barnsley, vandalising parts of the ground, terrorising staff, trying to get on to the pitch.
I believe there were as many arrests as what there was for the West Ham v Millwall match.

Did we hear more than a 5 minute peep about that? Did we fuck.

Yet, why did we receive nationwide condemnation on TV, Newspapers, Internet and elsewhere?
Lord have mercy if it were Chelsea or Man Utd that these big media companies were attacking!!

Sad news about Dean Ashton. It's a shame as he seemed a great talent (scored a great bicycle kick against us a couple of years ago too)... He'd definately have been on the plane for South Africa otherwise.

Along with Rooney, was England's most naturally talented forward since Sheringham was at his peak.

I've known about him being advised to retire for about 6 months now - just a shame it's now confirmed. :(

I believe you Steve! :)

p.s. Palermo seem quite keen to bring Behrami back to Italy and it seems he would like that move so it'll be interesting to see if West Ham can keep him.

Hahahaha Steve, must stay away from the PC when pissed...

That's his agent up to his old tricks again!

I hope we don't keep him mate.
He had a good first season on the right of a midfield diamond unit where it worked out ok for him, because he never had to use much creativity or be positionally disciplined.
However, the more he has played, the more it has exposed how lacking he is with the football.

He has no real creativity, isn't a great passer, doesn't win many headers, hasn't great vision, isn't skillful, hasn't much pace, doesn't cross a football, no long range passing, no shooting ability, no eye for goal.
None of this is an exaggeration.

He has a brilliant, brilliant workrate, but half of this is spent out of position, like a puppy chasing a ball.
He doesn't do a good job of covering the full back when teams attack and doesn't support well going forward.

His best position, for me, would be as a midfield workhorse in a midfield 3, with a holding player and an attacking, creative player alongside him. But Behrami also being deployed as a man-marker.
The Gattuso alongside Pirlo and Seedorf, or the Essien alongside Mikel and Lampard, if you will (obviously not to that standard!)

The problem we have, is that we have no dynamism, no guile, no pass, no spark in midfield.
We have Kovac (who I think should be centre back cover, not midfield) who is slow, one paced and doesn't do much.
Noble, who is slow, one paced and doesn't do much.
And we have Behrami.
I have said we have missed Boa Morte all season, as he was excellent at covering the full back, getting involved, giving us width and having more to his game than Behrami. Indeed, I feel it is a big reason as to Ilunga's poor form also, as he never had the protection of Boa Morte (that and he couldn't be bothered after he got his permanent contract!).]
Yet most West Ham fans see him as a target of booing and ridicule, yet idolise Behrami.
Funny ol' game, innit!

Give me Boa Morte staying on a reduced contract and Behrami leaving any day of the week.

The main issue is that Behrami represents the biggest value-to-lack of talent ratio in our squad, basically meaning we'd be getting a lot of money but not losing a lot of player.

We could sell Behrami, then for the same money, get in 2 players.
Just as a simple example, we could use it and buy Snodgrass from Leeds and Boateng from Portsmouth.
2 players that are more dynamic and effective going forward than Behrami, giving us width and more squad options.

I hope Palermo or someone else comes in with a silly bid, as I'd bite their hand off!

I wanna poke his missus though, for sure...

Last edited:
I sorta agree with you on Valon about some things but not quite on others. Definitely disagree with some parts and feel you're too harsh.

Anyway Steve, you guys getting Pablo Barrera apparently?!! Some say it's a done deal already!

From supposedly being interested in David Beckham and Thierry Henry and other has-been's, now you're signing talented young exciting players! Well done!

Wonder how much you paid though. Couldn't have been too cheap!

Yea, Barrera is set to sign for £3m-£4m - almost completed.
He looks the sort of player to knuckle down and really want to play, which is a good trait to have.

We're said to be negotiating to sign Loic Remy too, for about £11m

Is he worth that money?

Erhmmm... Remy is tricky, it's a weird one... I don't know. I'd say $12M can be kinda risky for him. Could be a flop.

I mean sometimes the guy looks like a new Thierry Henry! Tall. fast, good dribbling, cuts to channels on side then cuts inside, other times, looks like just another average/decent player.

But he's young... for me his real value right now should realistically be between should be no more than $6-8M and him and Barrera should be valued at same amount.

But it seems like the Hammers are getting a bit of a bargain with Barrera and then maybe over-paying for Remy a bit so it kinda cancels out I guess... :P

Wow, what a performance, I didn't see that coming!!! Hopefully you can use it to turn your season around and claw yourself to saftey. Obinna looks like some player, full of running, great touches and very good vision to play in those passes!

I didnt see the game or goals yet, but what a shocker!

hand4.png

Decent enough game, you should check out the highlights if you see them floating around on youtube. Also special mention to Rob Green, after all the anguish of the last 6 months it's nice to see him stringing a few clean sheets together.

Cheers boys. Best attacking display we've had in a long time.

Yeah, I'm trying to hold the fort here on my own.

A solitary soul in a world full of shite! :LOL:

Wally Downes seems to have made a very decent impression so far. Lots of fight, passion and desire. Long may it continue!

Hopefully a few points will come our way soon and we can start to climb up a few places. I'd hope so anyway, as I've got quite a bit of dosh on it! haha

If that doesn't give your season a lift, then nothing will! Great result, well done.

Unlucky lads, I thought you'd turned that corner about 1-2 months ago when you had started to string together decent results. Feel a bit sorry for Grant, he didnt have a hell of a lot of talent to deal with and I think those smut peddlers (Gold and Sullivan) are just trying to find a scapegoat.

will be interesting to see how WHU deals with the squad they have..hope they manage to keep best players to be back in PL next season... very bad to see a traditional club like West Ham relegated..

wish all best to West Ham!!

Best player in the league in your team and you still went down. And Demba Ba did his very best since joining from Hoffeinheim to keep you up. Gave you a chance at least. Can't see him playing in 2nd division. Didn't leave Bundesliga to do that, so wonder if they'll sell him after only 6 months but I can now see another EPL club pick him up.

Some decent players in the squad, problem was just too many in too short period of a time and team never really gelled. Lots of new players, new manager, new philosophy... took too long to get going and by then there was just too much pressure. Wonder if this would've happened if Zola had remained. I'm not a fan of Gianfranco as a coach and thought he was doing an average job at Hammers at best but I personally doubt it. With the players West Ham had, stability would've been a better option and I think they would have had enough to be in relegation fight but ultimately escape it.

It's a sad day. For me, too, West Ham are a club that should be in the Premier league. But maybe a year in The Championship (if it takes a year and no more) might be a good thing in the long-run.

Stevo, I'm sorry dude. I feel for you. :(

Back
Top Bottom