west ham thread !

We were shit again against Everton for the 2nd time in a week.

Ashton is not match fit or match sharp, Ljungberg was terrible, Neill was average yet again.
We really are missing the outlet and pace of Dyer and especially Bellamy.

Really look forward to finally seeing Faubert in a West Ham shirt.
Come the new year, we'd hopefully have Faubert and Dyer on the wings with Bellamy up front. A lot more pace and directness.

We just look so sluggish at the moment.

injuries are killing us at the moment, once curbs has a fully fit squad to choose from then we can't have any complaints

need to strengthen in january,perhaps another forward and a creative midfielder

Curbs has mentioned about not expecting any signings.

I guess with Dyer, Zamora, Bellamy and Faubert hopefully returning, they will be just like new signings.

Besides, most players are overpriced as January is very much a seller's market.
Unless we get a Gudjohnsen or Adriano!! We can always hope!! :lol:

WEST HAM UTD.

80011bk2copy.png

Merry Xmas Hammers! Good luck today! (Reading player has just been sent off in the first half too!) :)

Well done today lads, cracking result against us, hats off. :)

Cheers fella.
We deserved the win too in my opinion as we had the fair share of the game throughout.

Though it could have been a lot different if Ronaldo had scored that penalty!!

CONGRATS WEST HAM, WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE GAME AT THE EMIRATES ON NYD???? WHATS YOUR AWAY FORM LIKE? WILL THIS BE THE FIRST VISIT BACK SINCE THE 1-0 YOU HANDED US LAST YEAR?

6th best in the league and our defensive record away from home is joint best with Liverpool.
We have only conceded 6 goals away from home, a lot to do with the consistently brilliant form of '6th choice' Robert Green :lol:

Besides, beating you lot and Man Utd is getting boring now... last team to win at Highbury, first and only team to win at the Emirates, so this should be a stroll in the park!! :lol: ;)

(In all seriousness, I'm not looking forward to this game and I see you beating us quiet heavily... just have that bad feeling I'm afraid! :( )

Another decent performance last night, only 4 points off of 'Sven's revolution' with a game in hand.
5th best defensive record in the league with arguably the best in form keeper in the league. (Surely must be in Capello's first squad).

I am happy as usual to be creeping along with none of the recognition we deserve:)

Over the last two seasons you have beat us (twice), Arsenal (twice) and L'pool. You gotta be happy with that lads, well done! :applause: :)

Just an update on my views.

There is no one posting on here, so this is turning into more of a blog :lol:

Anyway...

I think Curbishley should be commended for his job this season.
We have had major injuries to our big signings, Faubert, Bellamy, Dyer, Ashton.. and since Ashton has been back, he has looked a shadow of himself and has a really average partnership with Carlton Cole.
The fact is we have had to adapt and so because our goalscoring ability is so poor at the moment, we have had to become a team that is hard to beat and it means playing some boring football.
Yet we have one of the best defences in the league and the 3rd best away defensive record.

With arguably the bluntest strikeforce at the moment out of about 15 of the teams in the division, we sit 7 points away from a Champions League place, going quietly about our business.

Think he deserves major credit for this.

Next up Spurs away.... THE best game of the season :)

I've always thought Curbishley was a decent manager, and considering the injuries you lot have had.

Sad to see Faubert injured for so long, as he could prove to be one of the league's best right backs. If you guys stay injury fit next season, you could be challenging for Europe.

I think he could well turn into a world class right back, but I think we will mainly be using him as a right midfielder, simply because our defensive unit is doing so well (despite Neill being very average) and we need people in midfield with pace!

Hmm, I've never liked full backs being converter to wingers. Never works IMO. But he might work out there.

At least Boa Morte is banned for the next game. :-pp
He has been awful recently but yet got picked. I want to see Curbishley risking in younger players like Sears etc.

Now that our season (barring another amazing run like last year) appears to be over, we may aswell give it a shot and try some new stuff.
Give Sears and Collison a chance and at least they'll get some game time to see if they are close to being ready for next season!
Pato is younger than Sears and he isn't doing to bad!

My worst fear is that we don't give them a shot now, we buy players in the summer and we end up not seeing what the youngsters can do.

But to be honest, our biggest problem is in midfield at this very moment. The lack of support for Ashton and Zamora was shocking yesterday and I think we should probably go for Parker and Noble in midfield against Blackburn. Whilst I really think Mullins is underrated, he serves much better in a centre midfield 3 than a central 2.

On the general scheme of things, if you take from where we were after we lost 4-3 to Spurs last season, we looked like complete no-hopers destined for relegation.
We have got rid of many arseholes from the club and are sitting comfortably in mid table. Can you think of many teams that have made such good progress?
Yeah we have been spanked in 3 games, but shit happens and it happens to most teams, especially given that it was against a Liverpool team and great striker hitting form at the wrong time for us, against a vengeful Chelsea side who just got beat in the cp final and away to Spurs who are always dangerous at White Hart Lane. We were also without Upson and had to play Spector at the back, who simply just isn't up to Premier League standards sadly.
Everything still remains from my post above in the thread that with all our problems, we are still not in a bad position at all.

I'm much happier to have settled and slow progress, rather than to want to buy a team and get instant success.
Everton have spent years in medicrity, grinding out results and not playing the best football, but they aren't doing too bad now they have deeloped and progressed slowly.
People also wanted Moyes out too.

It's sad how fickle football is nowadays and people should just look at the bigger picture and be a lot more patient :)

Completely agree!
I think we were expected to lose those games anyway.
But to be honest, our biggest problem is in midfield at this very moment. The lack of support for Ashton and Zamora was shocking yesterday and I think we should probably go for Parker and Noble in midfield against Blackburn. Whilst I really think Mullins is underrated, he serves much better in a centre midfield 3 than a central 2.

True he played much better having 2 centre midefielders beside him(against Man U). Parker was one of the better players yesterday. I'm however worried about Neill. Neill always sruggle against tricky players. Moreover, I thought Parker would make a better captain with his work rate and attitude. I think Paintsil could probably used more as right back than right mid because of his aggression.

Overall, I'm quite happy with the position we are in especially after losing key players throughout the season.

Here's my preferred lineup(if only they're fit)

Ashton Bellamy

Dyer

Etherington Parker Ljungberg

McCartney Upson Gabiddon Neill/Paintsil

-------- Green ---------​

Dyer would be more of an attacking mid. Its a very attacking lineup.​

One thing in my opinion which has improved dramatically is the squad depth. Players like Paintsil, Cole had done well considering the no. of appeareances they made last season. As well as backup in several position(CB).

You are right about Neill.. he just doesn't look bothered.
I'd like to see him dropped and the captaincy given to Upson or Parker with Faubert brought in at right back or Pantsil.

It's a very interesting team, but i'd be inclined to swap Etherington for Noble or perhaps go a flat 4, with Faubert and Dyer on the wings.

Either way it highlights how good our options are if all the players were back and exactly how limited the options are without these players!

Back
Top Bottom