west ham thread !

Not quite mate!!! :eh:
He has a lot of respect from our fans and a lot of the younger fans idolise him for obvious reasons.
No doubt he has talent and spirit and genuinly enjoys it at the club, but it will take a long time and a lot more success until he is seen as a anything near a 'god' or a legend ;)

Well... after today, he should be considered a hero, at least.

He absolutely diserves that, he's an awesome player and he gives all of him on all matches. He gave all for us (Boca Junior) and now i hope he could stay 1 more season playing for West Ham and trying to fight for the league.

Nah, the FA has already confirmed that it's sent out 20 letters to all of the (current) Premiership clubs saying that any court action would be, quote, "futile". They gave them a record fine, and if the other clubs want more (i.e. a points reduction) then it's not in the vein of "sportsmanlike behaviour" as the team has stayed up on merit. West Ham were even, apparently, the ones who first approached the FA about the rules being broken, so it's not like they were trying to pull the wool over their eyes.

If the clubs are stupid enough to still take any action, and even more stupidly they're successful, then I think the worst that will happen is that they'll be fined another £5m, £10m or whatever. Apparently (although I don't know how it's worked out, but the papers and TV programmes have been quoting it all week), a season in the Premiership is worth £30m. So perhaps they'd want £30m off them.

Will West Ham have to totally rebuild for next season do you think guys? I know the obvious answer is yes, but could they getaway with minor tweaks here and there and stay up again? I say this because of any future money problems that may develop down the line with this legal controversy.

Tevez is possibly going, trouble making pair Ferdinand and Reo-Coker may follow? Personally I think they should do anything they can to keep Tevez of course, but the other two should be shown the door. Ferdinand has proved what an arsehole he is while Reo-Coker is obviously unhappy. Would they really be missed, and can they be replaced by players who can shape a new side for next season?

Last edited:
I think West Ham have some very good players and that they won't need to change much to stay up, though it's becoming even harder to predict what will happen in the Premiership, especially the lower end, I can see any 3 of about 12 teams being relegated next year.

I thought Reo-Coker goin was a sure thing Spurs I think are favourites (might get a swap for berbatov lol)as it is I think there is far to much dead wood at the club at the moment Cole,Painstil,davenport,Sheringham,bowyer,DAILY and Carrol to name a few think Konchesky will be off soon as him and Curbs aint seen eye to eye since his charlton days other rumours of whos coming in Bent,Gudjohnsson a swap deal for bent involving harewood and mullins. I aint to worried about future reprimands as is the old double jeapordy law stood trial found guilty and HAVE BEEN PUNISHED. Not to mention the fact it was previous management and backroom that arrange the hole Tevez and Mash thing anyway. Egg's promised 45 million to build with hope the first dent in its gonna be made with the permanant capture of Carlito.

Nah, the FA has already confirmed that it's sent out 20 letters to all of the (current) Premiership clubs saying that any court action would be, quote, "futile". They gave them a record fine, and if the other clubs want more (i.e. a points reduction) then it's not in the vein of "sportsmanlike behaviour" as the team has stayed up on merit. West Ham were even, apparently, the ones who first approached the FA about the rules being broken, so it's not like they were trying to pull the wool over their eyes.

If the clubs are stupid enough to still take any action, and even more stupidly they're successful, then I think the worst that will happen is that they'll be fined another £5m, £10m or whatever. Apparently (although I don't know how it's worked out, but the papers and TV programmes have been quoting it all week), a season in the Premiership is worth £30m. So perhaps they'd want £30m off them.

looks like fifa is going to step in

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=430364&cc=5901

Ooooooooooofff!! Ouch, that's bad news.

See my post in the 'should west ham be relegated thread'

But that aside (and apologies Mods)..............

\\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

Haha, congratulations mate. I agree with your post in the other thread 100% - I just hope FIFA don't go messing it up regardless.

And still it continues...

Just read that article, they're even talking about the possibility of a 21-team Premiership. :|

You can bet Pro Evo would still have a 20-team Premiership if that happened, haha, how pissed off would a Sheff Utd fan be...

Latest is that Sheff Utd have the backing of 50 MPs.... or this is the positive twist that the newspapers will want to put on it.

Or to look at it another way; 92% of MPs have not backed them:lol:

Just found this on the West Ham shop, I was wondering if I could loan it off them for the next couple of years. But seriously the funniest bit, it's available for delievery from the 10/7/07, great, just in time for his delivery to Man Utd then probably..................

I love West ham, it's my favorite team in england, i hope u'll make a good team for the next season. c'mon u irons!! ;)

Go on... tell me that was feeling guilty about no points deduction last year so you gave three away.
I only saw a bit of the game, but how poor was Zamora? Giving the ball away and getting caught in possession.

Aparently you have just signed Dyer from Newcastle.

Thought the wrangle over him was insane- the Newcastle director was being a loon on the toon hehe.

Anyway he ddin't do it for me at Newcastle, but maybe a new challenge can get him played again- if he can stay injury free. He certainly has the pace and skill to be an impact player if you can get the most out of him.

Aparently you have just signed Dyer from Newcastle.

Thought the wrangle over him was insane- the Newcastle director was being a loon on the toon hehe.

Anyway he ddin't do it for me at Newcastle, but maybe a new challenge can get him played again- if he can stay injury free. He certainly has the pace and skill to be an impact player if you can get the most out of him.

Spot on mate.
As well as him staying well behaved!!

Looking at the table; never realised you lot had a game in hand. Shit you could be right in the mix at the top if you win that game in hand, suprised as I didn't relaise your form was that good.

6 months ago you lads were looking at relegation missery.

This week you are in a good position overall and looking at a good chance at cracking Arsenal...that must feel good.

Well I thought I'd bump this to get any other hammers out the woodwork an posting!

But if that fails, vanzandt what are your views on our 2 upcoming games in the league/cup in mid December?

Both in the same league position practically and we'll have a few injured players returning by then so they could be a very good couple of games!

Parker and Cole will want to make a point against their former clubs.
Cole being currently the joint top assists maker in the premiership with Fabregas and proving a lot of people wrong.

Reckon we'll play Cole up front on his own, Parker and Mullins holding and Boa Morte roaming just in front as an attacking midfielder/second striker, with Etherington and Solano on the wings.
With Essien out, we stand a much better chance.

Reckon we might just nick a 0-0!! (Yet another Robert Green clean sheet!)

Back
Top Bottom