WEJLCC vs. PES/WE 2008: Discussion Thread

Siroco

League 2
10 June 2003
I wanted to consolidate a discussion that compares the recent PES/WE 2008 releases with WEJLCC.

1. Does everyone share the sentiment that PES 2008 / WE 2008 gameplay is too fast (among numerous other faults) and that therefore JLCC is the better game?

2. Simply put, do you believe that JLCC is the best WE/PES release to date on any platform? If not, what version is, in your opinion?

Thanks for your input.

1) Yep.

2) WE6FE and WE7I are the best two, IMO. WE6FE was the most a game has ever impressed me I think, my father who is infamous for being a miserable **** stared in disbelief and said "this is incredible" on the first time of playing it. Sounds stupid but I'll never forget that as long as I live. But WE7I probably has a slight edge, defending felt like defending whereas now, especially in the more modern releases, defending isn't so much an art but a farce.

But I would say JLCC is certainly the best modern release (i.e. created in the last couple of years).

WEJLCC is a different game.
Its plays very differently to PES2008 on the PS3.
Fantasia mode is great, I love it. I get together with a mate every Sunday night and we alternate between Fantasia and Master League (2 players on same side)
PES2008 for my PS3 (although I like it) has sat in my draw, unplayed, for about 3 weeks now!!!!

The Best games is WE7 :applause:

WE10CC is better than PES2008/WE2008.The Fantasista Mode it's great!!. I dont know why WE2008 dont have this mode. Its very addictive for me. I play Fantasista with the default camera of the normal match game (Normal Far)and the camera follows the ball. I move the player looking at the radar point.

Sory by me English.

WEJLCC is a different game.
Its plays very differently to PES2008 on the PS3.
Fantasia mode is great, I love it. I get together with a mate every Sunday night and we alternate between Fantasia and Master League (2 players on same side)
PES2008 for my PS3 (although I like it) has sat in my draw, unplayed, for about 3 weeks now!!!!

DO you fancy letting me know how wejcc plays, relative to other pes games.......bored of next gen version and currently enjoying pes 5 - is it worth getting a chipped ps2 to play wejcc?

love pes3/we7 aswell - only thing it lacks is the "hold x for longer pass" option and not always great shooting physics for long shots

how much better is we7i if anyone can say

thanks to anyone who replies

i havent played pes/we2008 for ps2 yet, only pes2008 for ps3..

from what ive played.. and since playing my first winning eleven game, ie. we6.. i have to agree with jack in saying that we7int (japanese version and not pes equivelant meaning pes3 i think) was the best early release, where as we10jlcc is the best of the recent releases.. infact, id have to say that with the variations of moves, kicks, volleys, and overly variation to the gameplay including ai and keepers, we10jlcc is the best game seabass has ever made.. for me the best soccer game to date, im loving the masterleague ;)

Are you guys saying that J-League Winning Eleven 10 + Europe League '06-'07 is better or J.League Winning Eleven 2007 Club Championship is better?

1) Yep.

2) WE6FE and WE7I are the best two, IMO. WE6FE was the most a game has ever impressed me I think, my father who is infamous for being a miserable **** stared in disbelief and said "this is incredible" on the first time of playing it. Sounds stupid but I'll never forget that as long as I live. But WE7I probably has a slight edge, defending felt like defending whereas now, especially in the more modern releases, defending isn't so much an art but a farce.

But I would say JLCC is certainly the best modern release (i.e. created in the last couple of years).

can i assume your all playing these games on modded ps2's?

do i just need swap magic 3.6 and slide tool to play most up to date games?

thanks

i havent played pes/we2008 for ps2 yet, only pes2008 for ps3..

from what ive played.. and since playing my first winning eleven game, ie. we6.. i have to agree with jack in saying that we7int (japanese version and not pes equivelant meaning pes3 i think) was the best early release, where as we10jlcc is the best of the recent releases.. infact, id have to say that with the variations of moves, kicks, volleys, and overly variation to the gameplay including ai and keepers, we10jlcc is the best game seabass has ever made.. for me the best soccer game to date, im loving the masterleague ;)

big oops.. i meant J.League Winning Eleven 2007 Club Championship ;) thats the best in the series.. not we10jl+europe (which wasnt bad.. but not as good as we2007jlcc) ;)

I had the good fortune to get a hold of JL2007CC from a bit torrent and i think it is fantastic. Went straight to fantasia mode and i'm enjoying every minute. I have also played the PES2008 and feel i can honestly say i take JL2007 everytime. I feel the whole revamp of the game engine was not needed. Certainly changes were needed to PES6... HUGE CHANGES but a full revamp was not called for and until it is sorted i will stick with JL for now.

But the BEST EVER is WE7I

Last edited:
can i assume your all playing these games on modded ps2's?

do i just need swap magic 3.6 and slide tool to play most up to date games?

thanks

yes - Flip top / swap magic for me

Some good feedback from eveyone.

I'd agree with comments about WE7I being a highlight of the series - personally, it was a kind of "WE golden age" for me. ML still mattered. I played every single night without fail - long into the night. I often thought about the game during the day - who would I add to my squad during transfer season :) Those days are gone.

yes - Flip top / swap magic for me

Some good feedback from eveyone.

I'd agree with comments about WE7I being a highlight of the series - personally, it was a kind of "WE golden age" for me. ML still mattered. I played every single night without fail - long into the night. I often thought about the game during the day - who would I add to my squad during transfer season :) Those days are gone.

Same here mate. I used to have a notebook only for WE7i where i wrote down all possible players i might be interested in. Goals and assists stats, clean sheets etc., and compare.

which pes is wejlcc closest to?

does it have that Winning eleven feel of being free-er and the ball being harder to control that i love but pes never seems to have?

i've got pes 2008 ps2 and think it is actually better than pes6, especially the throughball - is it still worth me getting wejlcc on the basis that it is better?

Also, anyone willing to sell me we7i or know where can get a copy?

Thanks (and also to the eprson who replied to my sawp magic question - sorry took so long but cheers!)

I dont have either pes2008 or we2008 and it seems their faster than jlwe2007cc, thats enough to say that jlwe2007cc is better so i think i keep playing it till a decent game will be released by konami

I checked out the patch section for J-League WE2007CC and couldn't figure out which one(s) to use to give me the most up to date game. Can someone point me in the right direction? Also looking for OF that has 07/08 lineups & formations, if available. Thanks.

As far as the gameplay, I've played just a few games. Speed is nice, passing good, shooting seems fine. I just don't like the auto sidestep. Its so unnatural looking and the animation occurs at inopportune times. I didn't like it in WE9 and don't like it now, even though its been tweaked a bit. The CPU does it far too often.

I checked out the patch section for J-League WE2007CC and couldn't figure out which one(s) to use to give me the most up to date game. Can someone point me in the right direction? Also looking for OF that has 07/08 lineups & formations, if available. Thanks.

As far as the gameplay, I've played just a few games. Speed is nice, passing good, shooting seems fine. I just don't like the auto sidestep. Its so unnatural looking and the animation occurs at inopportune times. I didn't like it in WE9 and don't like it now, even though its been tweaked a bit. The CPU does it far too often.

Thinking of buying this - which pes does play most similarly to? it's not like pes6 is it which i hate for some reason - just doesn't feel right. people saying it's less scripted - is this true?

Back
Top Bottom