1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Weird Problem

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer - PC' started by dmatthew, 9 December 2005.

1. dmatthew

dmatthew Non-League

18 August 2005
    So I have been playing PES5 problem free over the past few weeks and then all of a sudden the game crashes when I enter the formation screen during the game.

I read about how moving the replays from folder 1 will help eliminate this problem and it did.

Now, I used to be able to run the game smoothly in windowed mode, not it's all choppy and I have to run it in full screen mode.

I have no patches installed whatsoever, been running everything stock so far (waiting for the super patch 8))

My Specs are:
    Windows XP SP2
    Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz
    1 gig Ram
    120gb HD
    ATI Radeon x800 AGP

thanks to anyone who can recommend some sort of fix

2. Bebeto 94

Bebeto 94 For the good of the game

9 November 2002
    Plymouth UK
    My ABit motherboard used to do that all the time with PES3 until i changed it .Not suggesting that that is your problem but i will never touch another Abit motherboard again .I take it you have tried re-installing it again ?

3. dmatthew

dmatthew Non-League

18 August 2005
    Haven't tried reinstalling yet

I wanted to wait and see if there was a 'quick fix' so to speak

but it seems that I eventually have to reinstall

oh well

4. burnside

burnside ..:: ManUtd R #1!!! ::..

23 April 2005
    Wales
    Man United
    its ur optionfile m8, happened 2 me a few weeks back, jus replaced my option file with an earlier version and it worked

5. dmatthew

dmatthew Non-League

18 August 2005
    hrmm interesting. but i just recently won the premiership and also won all the cups so far

not to mention the other goodies i bought from the PES Shop

so i have to delete my option file? :(

6. Bebeto 94

Bebeto 94 For the good of the game

9 November 2002
    Plymouth UK
    I always back up my original files so i have the original option file if you want it . You dont have to delete it straight away , simply stick it in another folder out the way and see if running the original solves your problem

7. biker_jim_uk

biker_jim_uk International

24 November 2003
    Man City
    just move some replays, this has been covered lots of times, search next time hey?

8. dmatthew

dmatthew Non-League

18 August 2005
    I did move the replays (as stated in my first post) and this helped with respect to the game not crashing

but now the game stutters in window mode
    I'm going to try reinstalling the damn thing in the next few days - i can live with playing full screen at the moment :)