WE9 - Post your complaints and disappointments here!

wtf totall BS some posts here.

imo, your just shit at the game if you cant win your headers all the time. noone wins them all the time, but if you position your players you will stand a much better chance winning headers.

fouls are differnt with each ref

somegames i get really pissed off coz i give fouls away like shit, then other games ill snap someone and get away with it, its differennt refs i believe.

they didnt fuck it up and i dont take one person serious who says they would play we8 over we9

amazes me you can say that, when we8 is shit now when you look back, unresponsive and total bollocks.

thank you

Well, I love the game. But every WE game has it's pros and cons.

For this WE, I think the automatic side-stept thingy was an unneccessery move by Konami.

But after playing 6 more games I got used to it.

But the game is way more improved than any other WE.

Thats probably the only con I can mention.

The only thing I can complain about is fouls. Too many and refs don't give to many yellow cards for harsh attacks, and they won't give you red that easy even for sliding in the back. That sucks, should be refined in PES5.

Dribbling. I just need to get used to new style based on dashing on decent speed,less sidesteps and turns. Can't judge now if it's bad move in refining gameplay by Konami, I think we all just need to adapt to new ones. Personally I think dribbling has gone too far in WE8/PES4 so they nerfed it :>

Nothing more to bitch about sorry, game is awesome.

kevano22 said:

amazes me you can say that, when we8 is shit now when you look back, unresponsive and total bollocks.

thank you

Maybe some of us are more forward thinking and perceptive and can already see that WE9 is "shlt" and "total bollocks", whereas it will take you until the release of WE10 to realise it. But ultimately, we'll be in agreement, even if it takes a year.

What have they done to my beloved Winning Eleven? :(

The games is so slow - passing is a pain - the ref sux.

Player reactions are crap... Well, time to put WE8 back on...

plumbers_x said:
Maybe some of us are more forward thinking and perceptive and can already see that WE9 is "shlt" and "total bollocks",

:applause:

People are so amazed about things that will get old in a couple of weeks....

kevano22 said:

imo, your just shit at the game if you cant win your headers all the time. noone wins them all the time, but if you position your players you will stand a much better chance winning headers.

With all due respect it's a thread for voicing our concerns and disappointments and for you to come here and act like the mighty sage and see nothing wrong with the game. Thats your short sightedness.

I'm not a shit player at any WE game and have noticed its ten times fucking harder to win a header than any previous game. I try to position my players and try to jostle the others out of the way. They just stand there and win the ball.

As for the ref's IMO it doesnt matter which one you get, one minute your getting a foul for looking or breathing towards an opponent next your not. The game loses it's fun when it's constantly start stop. Oh and if anyone comes back with the bullshit line 'it's just like real life' then thats utter bollocks.

In my opinion Winning Eleven has always been superior to PES but it seems Winning Eleven 9 has gone the other way and used the PE gameplay. In wide mode you cannot see the ball at the top of the sceen, when you shoot it is like the ball is a plastic ball as the slightest touch sends it over the bar, the auto sidesteps are too much and the CPU defenders are too clever.

For me, the patched WE8 I have is 10 times better, I will make another decision when all these bugs have been fixed using a patch maybe in a few months.

Does anyone know if the PS3 will be the same as PS2 in the way that to play import/copies you have to have your console chipped?

Well, I still stand by my complaints, but after playing it some more today, I found that I can remedy some of the situations. Not all, but some.

Rapidly tapping L1 to change players, pressing super cancel and then X, allows me to react to a pass with more than one defender. All be it, not even close to as quickly as the cpu does it, but oh well. My hands hurt.

And today, I finally was able to keep a cpu defender at bay, using R2 run. Trezeguet held off the defender, and even caused him to fall. I slotted the ball between the keepers legs, then proceeded to yell out explatives at my tv, seeking revenge for earlier matches.

Common now guys, this game is waaaaaaaay tighter than WE8! I hated the wrong-footed shooting animation in WE8...if they had made WE9 just like WE8, minus the wrong-footed shot animation, I woulda' still bought it. That animation made me sick to my stomach!!! I love all the new animations in WE9 (passing, shooting, dribbling, defending, headers, gk..everything!!!).

There's still room for improvement though. Haven't played it multiplayer, but I can imagine how great it'll be against another user...no cheating cpu tactics...can't wait!

Guys the game is more realistic.

The conrtolls are diffrent thats the only thing that might stand between you ans WE9. Especially the automatic side step, but if you get used to it you will realize that its much more improved than WE8 and PES4.

Give it time...thats all.

Oh god WE9 is the only WE where I simply cannot praise, the AI pisses me off to much with all the BS they pull out and is it me more or does the AI score free kicks all too easily, I swear out of the 10 matches I've had so far the AI has scored a free kick in about 8 of my matches, it just seems to unrealistic seeing this many free kicks being scored.

Hi,

When KONAMI will make some effort and add further more team, i don't understand...It will be so easy to create more championship, even without licence, or at least let us the possibility to create them...

I fed up with this disadvantage... That is far more easy than put on their fantastic gamplay, so they can but they don't!!!!

For my part its incredible and very disappointing...Its a shame :(

plumbers_x said:
Maybe some of us are more forward thinking and perceptive and can already see that WE9 is "shlt" and "total bollocks", whereas it will take you until the release of WE10 to realise it. But ultimately, we'll be in agreement, even if it takes a year.

Of course, because every WE is better than the previous version.

WE10 isnt out yet therefore this game is the best they have out.

also, to the guy who said he has played every WE and isnt shit. If you cant win headers, that counts to me, as being shit.

learn to play this installment of the game, before you moan about not winning headers.

There are still a lot of things which need improving, like the CPU needs to attack more, and the refs need some consistency but everything else pans out quite nicely.

I played a couple of games last night and I like it but some parts of the game puts me off it a bit. The ref sometimes blows for a foul agaisnt me and I dont know what I am supposed to have done.
The defenders are good but at times I feel the computer is controlling my defneders and not me. My defence automatically go in front of the attackers and make a clearence but it seems the computer is doing that and not me same with heading the ball.

I like the passing I feel this is better and I have more control over my attack and who I want to pass it too. I played on the hardest settings and I struggle to create a chance so good to see it is harder and through balls are harder to do which is why it is great when they do work. My only gripes are the defending is a bit like FIFA where you dont feel in control.

At first i did not find it that great of a game, but now..after ive played and explored the game..its brilliant..

filthydani said:
EGYPT ISNT IN THE GAME ANYMORE, THAT MEANS I HAVE TO WAIT FOR LIKE FIVE YEARS AND SEE IF THEY COULD QUALIFY TO WORLD CUP 2010 SO KONAMI PUT THEM BACK IN THE FUCKING GAME, THIS IS BULLSHIT!!! HOPEFULLY THEY WILL BE IN WINNING ELEVEN 14

I remeber that UAE were on one of the really old pro evo games, it might of even been Iss i can't remeber but they were also removed obviously..

I take back what I said about not being able to praise this game, I guess people were right it just somehow clicks after a fair share of games and its really still the best in series as far as gameplay goes but the AI freekicks are still annoying me alot.

I cant believe that, ive had 3 FKs scored against me already..
Henry
Totti
Figo

2 on 5* and 1 on 6*

Are you playing the right level?

to SEABAS (;)):

I WANT TO PLAY YOUR GAMES WITH d-pad !!

not only with sticks!
i can't do a propler heads becouse you did't make D-PAD as good as ANALOG,
so work on it till PES5
and GIVE ME CHOICE!!!

Theres nothing wrong with this game, theres probably a few minor things.

But let me ask you this. Playing football games is about invoking passion. I get frustrated and lose my rag when the ref seems to give decisions, but then thats football in real life. You cant win every header and you cant win every tackle and you cant outpace every player, you have to make the best of your chances.

And thats what football is all about in the end.

Back
Top Bottom