• Yet undecided.

Votes: 14 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jiwa

The BEautiful Game
31 May 2005
Malaysia
Hi, ppl. Coming to 3 weeks since release. From the threads here, I feel opinion seems to be very divided on the new version.

Both camps do have their points and some ppl can adapt, some can't.

Probbaly a quick poll to determine the general feeling would be in order then.

It still looks relatively undecided.. good idea in starting the poll, though.

Love the game now but almost gave up and went back to WE8LE but didnt and got used to it.
Play on 6 Stars just cant score consistantly but never feel like i am going to lose just draw games when i dont score.

Good thread.

I used to just have 1-0 or 0-0 games, but I have adjusted and now it varies, I won a match 3-0 yesterday :). Proud.

Absolutely love it. I've been having a very hard time adjusting to the new gameplay mechanics, but I think that the overall feel of the game is superb. Brilliant graphics, editor and gameplay. A fun game played alone or against peers.

I'm not completely satisfied with the gameplay, but the overall tempo of the game has improved tremendously over the earlier versions and it's a pleasure to watch. So realistic.

Absolutely love it!
I'm half way through my third season in ML, my squad's coming together nicely, I'm doing well in the league and WEFA Championship, and I want to win every match. The goals you can score on this game are amazing, but it's not about that, it's the little touches, passing and movement that make this game, it's excellent.

I'm undecided still. The biggest flaw that letting me down at the moment is its lack of responsiveness due to to many animations taking over the players movement.

I'm sure I will get used to it, but Its quite frustrating.

Yeah, good that all you guys responded. That's better than us arguing with each other in the threads.

At least now we know what the general perception is about WE9.

Me, i've been accused of defending WE9 in some threads. I admit, there're are some flaws (there always are in every iteration of the series), but I can live with it, and wait for the next version..and next..and next.

Thanks & cheers to all.

jiwa said:
Yeah, good that all you guys responded. That's better than us arguing with each other in the threads.

At least now we know what the general perception is about WE9.

Me, i've been accused of defending WE9 in some threads. I admit, there're are some flaws (there always are in every iteration of the series), but I can live with it, and wait for the next version..and next..and next.

Thanks & cheers to all.

Well, this isn't the right forum to actually know if the game is better than the previous version or not, because most people in this forum aren't really that good in the game to realize if it is better or worse…

I think it's a fantastic game, harder than prev versions and a lot has really changed in this version, so it can take a while to get used to. I do also get a lot of 1-0 + 0-0 however since changing my normal 4-4-2 to 3-5-2 seems to help me create more opps and thus i have bagged a few 3-0 + 3-1 wins..scoring is hard as nails but i like it that way, although it is a bit hard to believe you can miss an open goal from 6 yards by blazing over the bar like i did the other day, and the one thing that has gone to far are the over zealous refs blowing far too often, but i'm adadpting my defending and making the cpu play the ball then intercept..

The games top - annoying is some the offsides deciions the attacker never gets the benefit of the doubt - the really late whistles for offside really p*ss me off too. Apart from that - itt's quality.

I bought the game beginning of the week and I probably played about 30 matches, but only scored about 15 goals. It´s so hard to score or even create good chances. The defense of the CPU is damn good and I only play on 3 star for now to get used to it. (I´m playing the series since the very first one on the SNES, so I´m no rookie)

In a way it´s so realistic as in real football it´s not that easy either to create chances and open space, but at the moment I´m very undecided. Within an hour of playing I absolutely damn the game, but still go on playing and then you win a match 2:0 or play an absolute brilliant and dominant match against Chelski (with Liverpool) and despite drawing 0:0, I was still happy and enjoyed it. I need another 30 games I feel and hopefully I will manage to win some more matches.

villan2112 said:
the really late whistles for offside really p*ss me off too.
The whistle is not late, the game knows your player was offside but takes into account the new rule and doesn't call the decision till you 'interfere with play', by touching or contesting the ball.

As for the game I'm pretty sure I like it but still finding adapting from previous versions quite difficult.

Truly astonishing animations, the best Iv'e seen in any PS2 game. One has to be incredibly subtle to extract anything out of the gameplay, the only drawback is the amount of icessant fouls which keep occuring even for the most inocuous brush against any cpu player, but never mind, it's simply incredible. All those lamers who say its crap really need to wake up and see what they have at their disposal.Brilliant, brilliant, and even more brilliant ad nauseum.

I love it
normal-smile.gif

One of the biggest additions is the true way the players play like you instructed them in the formations screen. Manmarking and covering DO matter in this version. Not for nothing the covering special attribute is added; it really works!
Every tactical change now works.
I also love the speed of the game, which is perfect.
Dribbling isn't that easy anymore and that is a very good thing. Emphasis is on passing now and that makes the game look like you are watching a real game of football.
normal-smile.gif

It is the best game in the series sofar.

nile said:
Truly astonishing animations, the best Iv'e seen in any PS2 game. One has to be incredibly subtle to extract anything out of the gameplay, the only drawback is the amount of icessant fouls which keep occuring even for the most inocuous brush against any cpu player, but never mind, it's simply incredible. All those lamers who say its crap really need to wake up and see what they have at their disposal.Brilliant, brilliant, and even more brilliant ad nauseum.

Only noobs like you who dont know how to play the game think its good

Its Awesome .. but it takes time .. like all winning elevens to get used to it..
its the little things that make it awesome.. like two players jumping up and heading the ball but one gets elbowed :)

Back
Top Bottom