WE8LE Master League Thread

PLF said:
Nice to see your starting line up isn't all that different from when you started the game. I hate it when people totally change a team they picked with only 2-3 players from original line up.

Still though you have WAYyyyy too much backup for central midfield it seems and to not play Sneijder is a tragedy. Sure Xabi and Gerrard are amazing but this is why Sneijder wouldn't come to this team because he wouldn't want to sit on bench. Unless you find space for him on wing or something.

You play with 2 CMs, Xabi and Gerrard so max you'll need is 1 DMF, 2 CM's and ONE OMf... which could be a promising young original player like Potter, I don't know why you have H. Nakata AND Fusani it's just a bit too much i think as well as Smicer of course but i count him as backup for wing so thats alright.

Welsh
Sneijder
Gerrard
Xabi Alonso
Fusani
Nakata
Biscan
AND Hamman all competing for only 2 spots is a bit too much in my opinion even for a glamorous club like Liverpool and one that will be in 3 competitions next season.

I doubt Pauleta would move to a club to sit on bench in the last years of his career either seeing as how you have 5 top strikers with 3 still young and able to improve much... it's unlikely Pedro will get much playing time. Someone less famous and more backupy would be more appropriate than a guy who regularly hits 15+ goals in a season sitting on bench hoping to play few games max in a season especially when he has only 2-3 seasons left in him.

Anyways those are my thoughts Tim7 but I still enjoy reading your ML of course I just thought i'd give you my views on the realism of it all.

Hope to hear more from you soon.

take care

Are you a manager of a real club??? just kidding...You seem to have a lot of knowledge.

My ML season. I sit 3rd of the table after beating Sporting Lisbon 3-1. We are making that push to get promoted this season. PLaying much tighter defense only giving up 2 goals in 3 games.

Hey, anyone know what's up with this master league promotion/league structure thing? Me and my mate finished first and got promoted from the lowest division, then did the same with "League D" with 19 random teams (Valencia and Newcastle being the strongest) and now the next season begun and we're still with those same crap teams in the same division. Wtf is up with that? Does it just continue like this forever? You get stuck in the same "top-flight" division? Lastly, why are some teams missing lol, they have no league so all their players are free. Am I missing something or is this the way it's supposed to be lol?

Btw we're playing with Real Madrid with the default Master League players. Castoro babee <3

Thanks, PLF, nice to hear other's opinions.

I have this much cover in case of injuries and also as I'm in the CL qualifying group, I will have two matches more or less every week so I should be OK for cover :).

Going to start the new season pretty soon...

Yea, there is no where to go after u make it up to Division 1... BUT u get to play in the Champions League Or Uefa cup.... And yes there is only 4 Leagues unfortuanantley when you play Master League.....

I play with EPL, Spanish League, Italian League, and REst of the WOrld League......
If Konami could include ALL leagues in the game for master league this would be a HUGE plus to WE9..... hopefully sum1 will let them know how much better it would be to have all six or maybe even 7 leagues for master league.....

yo tim this De Vuyst do you mean de jong coz thats the only one i can find ??

found the other guy thanks FD

Are you a manager of a real club??? just kidding...You seem to have a lot of knowledge.

My ML season. I sit 3rd of the table after beating Sporting Lisbon 3-1. We are making that push to get promoted this season. PLaying much tighter defense only giving up 2 goals in 3 games.

Lol no man.. no manager but I could be a football analyst since age of 16. :D

Zlatan#9 said:
Hey, anyone know what's up with this master league promotion/league structure thing? Me and my mate finished first and got promoted from the lowest division, then did the same with "League D" with 19 random teams (Valencia and Newcastle being the strongest) and now the next season begun and we're still with those same crap teams in the same division. Wtf is up with that? Does it just continue like this forever? You get stuck in the same "top-flight" division? Lastly, why are some teams missing lol, they have no league so all their players are free. Am I missing something or is this the way it's supposed to be lol?

Yo are you playing same game as us??? League D has 19 teams for you??
Every top division in the game where there is 4 of them has 16 with Div 2 having 8.

I wish it had 19 or 20.

just wonderin. is it possible to change the teams in your league/division by using some sort of pc tool? i wanna change the teams to EPL ones but i dont want to start all over again.

My ML game

I started out with Manchester UTD(for the first time ever) and got promoted in 1st place to the first div easily with R.V.N top scorrer wit 15 goals.
only bought 3 players as back up for keane and scholes and a promising young striker. I got Deisler, D'allesandro and Baumjohan who has disapointed me..

Second season, my ambition was not to win the league, but to secure a place in the top 6 so i could get into europe and have a shot against the big boys. I bought a heckload of players and sold quite a few. Here is my current team

GK
Chilavert
Howard
Ricardo

[DF]
Ferdinand
Sammer-young guy almost as good as ferdinand
Vanden borre
heinze
glen johnson
heinze
pique

MF
Keane
Joaquin
Ronaldo
Muntari
Deisler
Fabregas
Iniesta
Scholes
giggs

CF
Adriano
Rooney
Eto'o
Baumjohan
Farfan

Currently exceeding my expectations. Sitting 1st in the league 4 points clean of AC milan could be 6 points clear but teams form has been dodgy as of late due to the absense of top scorrer adriano -26goals with 7 matches to go in the league and ferdinand both injured.
In the semi final of cup 1st leg played against liverpool ended in a fustrating 1-1 i was away at least. Rooney is second top scorrer in the league with 18goals.

So far so good. In the summer i plan to clear out some midfielders, offload baumjohan and bolster my squad for europe. Been tryin to get my hands on gerrrard but no luck!

MY best player has been Rio ferdinand who has saved the teams skin countless times and is a quality defender.

Cheers for reading?

kind regards, gam3r

My Future team 8) :

---------------------------Vitor Baia(GR)------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------Maldini(SW)------------------
-----------------R.Carvalho(CB)----------------------------------
Cafu(SB)---------------------------------------------R.Carlos(SB)
----------------------------Gerrard(DMF)-------------------------
--------------------Deco(CMF) :applause: ------------------------
----------------------------------Ronaldinho G(OMF)--------------
C.Ronaldo(WG)----------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------Robinho(WG)
----------------------------Ronaldo(CF)--------------------------

Sub :roll: (Gr)-Kameni
(SW)-Nesta
(CB)-Ivan Cordoba
(SB)-Javier Zanetti
(SB)-Sorin
(DMF)-Vieira
(CMF)-Lampard
(OMF)-Zidane
(WG)-Quaresma
(WG)-Denilson
(CF)-Van Nistelroy

Wow.. look at this guy's bench. that's as unrealistic as your ML can get :roll:

Dunno about you bro but if I had that squad my level of enjoyment of ML would probably be ZERO. Don't quite know how the rest of you enjoy playing with these players and having world class players on bench as if they'd do this in real life.

Or buying same players everytime for your team, van Den Borre, vdVaart, Kaka, Ronaldinho.

you know there is fun playing with players with lower abilities and having 1 or 2 starts where they really stand out.

Seems like unfortunately 90% of people who play ML think they have one mission and that is to assemble a world squad of totally unrealistic team.

But anyways i don't mean to be harsh on you man or think this is all directed to you... it's not I just hate it when people do this but its you game so you can do whatever you want and I'll have my next ML with Atletico Bilbao probably and only buy Basque players :D

Take care

I've just started ML on 6* with Newcastle real squad, playing on 15 min/game. I'm struggling a bit scoring goals as stupid as that sounds having such top strikers. After 8 division games I've only scored 7 goals. Luckily my defence is good, despite 3-0 hammering vs Celtic I've had numerous 1-0 wins.

I hope to strengthen my weak midfield for next season. Butt and Jenas have been ok but they are getting overpowered a lot. Neither has enough body balance I reckon so I'm struggling there. I really need a strong young cheap midfielder who can pass decently, has some power in his shots, good teamwork and can head the ball, jump high or is very tall. I'm looking into buying Papa Diop from Fulham. He's 195cm and strong.

You guys know of any good strong cheap midfielders?

PLF said:
they have one mission and that is to assemble a world squad of totally unrealistic team.

Have you actually thought about forwarding it to Real Madrid? ;)

I wouldn't have a problem if these people did this when picking Real Madrid though but they do it with the likes of Newcastle or even lesser teams.

Plus even Real isn't like that I mean they have good 1st team and good backup strikers but other than 2 good strikers on bench and Solari the rest are Spanish Nobodys. Real does NOT have good depth in their squad. If injuries get really bad and stuff they'll be relying on the likes of Borja, Celades and a bunch of other hopeless people who aren't good enough for backup of Real

dsgg said:
yo tim this De Vuyst do you mean de jong coz thats the only one i can find ??
No, it really is De Vuyst!!!

PLF said:
Seems like unfortunately 90% of people who play ML think they have one mission and that is to assemble a world squad of totally unrealistic team.
That 90% used to include me. But as you correctly pointed out, PLF, the enjoyment level goes down to zero.

I now find it MUCH better to try and develop new talents and make them into world class players, rather than just buying the best players that would unrealistically sit on the bench.

It's all good fun tho, at the end of the day :).

Man you guys should see the progress im makin with my youngsters...... Fabregas allready at like 94 Technique.... Clichy, Hoyte, Lupoli, Owusu-Abeyie, R. Smith, are developing at such a quick rate that I dont think I will have to buy almost anybody...

Lehmann and Bergkamp are both retiring after just 2 seasons of ML :( I do however have to invest in a more experienced and great goalkeeper because I dont think Taylor is quite yet ready.... And Almunia is absolute crap in this game......

For the third season I will most likely be makin just 1 HUGE purchase as I bring in a good goalkeeper... The development of my youngsters has been superb....

Just like to remind everyone that we'd be happy to hear your stories and your progress in your ML in this thread.

But please NO SPOILERS ABOUT PLAYERS' POTENTIAL CURVE

This means that you can tell us how someone is developing and how they're doing as long as you're not really specific. Also don't tell us if a player has CRAP potential curve because seeing that will make me and many others not bother with him but if we don't know we'll try it and it'll be risky like it should be :)

After all if we know about all the KOMPANYs and Kaebis and Pique and Fabregas of the game... there'll be no point in playing the game as we know how EVERYONE will turn out.

So whether you've found a player who has AMAZING potential or one who will go NOWHERE please keep it ambiguous.

Well I do agree with you on that PLF... But I think its no secret that Fabrega's potential in the game is one of the best.... It was in WE8 and WE8I and now WE8LE is no exception......

I think player development also has to do with how you play, train the player, etc... sum players develop slower and sum just fly through the roof......

Sure Bummy_jap I didn't direct my comment at you at all incase you don't know ;) I just felt in general to WARN people before we get msgs like:

"Hi guys... I bought player Name_X and he's only 18 and will turn into Next Pele because his development curve is through the roof in red."

Fabregas was not much of a secret as he plays in Arsenal and just like Martins everyone kinda knows he'll turn out great but there are others that have been GIVEN Away unfortunately by people in various forums like Pique, Kompany, Cardoso of Boca and Rachmane Barry of Marseille. I said these as many already know but hopefully we won't have discussions like that anymore.

PLF, about the fact that some people want a squad packed with stars...I would never do it, i like to find hidden gems...But...
It isn't necessarily unrealistic...who would have thought 5 years ago that Chelsea could buy every player in the world if they wanted (i'm not sure that they really want, credit to them: they want to have British players...).
If tomorrow some billionaire wants to buy Istres, Den Bosc, Jeunesse Esch or my beloved Castel di Sangro (in that case the camorra) then they can buy all the best players in the world. Sometimes reality seems irreal...

And about Vanden Borre becoming a star player...that's rather funny...he's a good young player but in five years he will be a rather average good defender, far from a star...he is highly overrated in the game...which makes me think about other young geniuses like Barry, Baumjohann, Kaebi...are they really that good irl???(not that it really matters).

Even the fact that some teams might become millionares like Chelsea is not a good excuse to having an unrealistic game because as you can see even Chelsea don't have van Nistelrooy, Adriano, Drogba and Ronaldo all competing for 2 or 1 spot.

They're a rich team and have bought well but by far their team is not like a ALL-STAR team and certainly they don't have an EQuaIvalent of Lampard on bench or an equivalent of Duff or Robben on bench. That's my problem. When people in this game sign BACKUPS, they don't ususally choose backup quality players, they choose someone who can totally even replace the player they're buying backup for.

They buy like Viera as backup for Gerrard where one plays DMF. that's just not realistic.. if you want to buy backup for Gerrard then it has to be someone a little bit lower calibre or less famous.

It doesn't "have" to be anyone. I am playing more along the same lines as yourself and aiming for realism, but people can do whatever they want at the end of the day - it's their game and it's their choice which way they play it.

I think there's absolutely no need to discuss personal tastes here. If some people enjoy the game creating an All-Star team, it's absolutely fine and okay. Nobody needs to justify his style of playing here. After all it's just a game and there are no rules about how to enjoy it. And that's what gaming is all about.

You guys are absolutely right and i was not FORCING my views on anyone. I was personally discussing about my PERSONAL preferences and how to get max enjoyment out of my ML but if others don't agree and have more fun with all-star teams then at the end of the day its their game and they can do whatever they want.

Hell i dont care they can buy classic players too and play a combination of Shevchenko and Pele up front with van Basten and Ronaldo as backup ;)

I'm out

You give me jokes PLF :lol:

Anyways i understand what PLF is saying, it nice to buy really average players and test yourself against teams like real madrid, barca, man u and the rest. If you look at what DB is doing, it is fun playing your ML like your a real life manager, seing if you can get to the heights of success using a pile of second rate players, think about what Bryan Clough did with Nottinham Forrest :D And aso the game will last a bit more longer because it won't be easy to get promoted in 1 season and also when you get to Div 1 you don't want to be challenging for the league.......but like people said you could do what you want with your ML......i prefer to play with below par players and find hidden jems in the game and i found a couple which people will probably will never know about 8)

Peace.

Yep I agree that it's your game and you can buy whoever you want.

Although as PLF says it does make it a tad boring for some players.

I've always tried to play with lesser known players though through the games and as some will know I have my favs who I still buy now.

Anyway about my game, after deleting it by mistake :( , started up again, but have had a real bad time in the league. I've only picked up about 4 points from 12 so far. I was getting frustrated and Gronigen raced into a 2-0 lead at my park in the Cup 1st leg, but I fought back and won 3-2. So hopefully I can progress in the cup as it will allow me to get in decent players for the 2nd round. Although Ostwald came in for the injury-prone Miranda (I swear if you fart near him, he'll be out for 4 weeks) and scored a couple of valuable goals in that game, can't remember ever using him before in previous games.

Can't see me keeping any of the current squad, was going to keep Ximilez due to the flip-flap, however he's bloody useless at it, so won't bother. :mrgreen: Although I'm getting a good shift out of Eddington, Vorlander and Cellini at the moment.

Can't wait for the Transfer Window to open, I'm gonna go mental.

FD

PLF said:
Yo are you playing same game as us??? League D has 19 teams for you??
Every top division in the game where there is 4 of them has 16 with Div 2 having 8.

I wish it had 19 or 20.

No, I also have 16 teams, my bad.

Master League sucks, you get stuck in the same division from season 2 and on lol. We're scrapping the ML right away, it was fun while it lasted.

yeah the fun is quickly taken away if you get promoted the first season and usually with the type of players these people sign, you can have WON it all including the treble by 3rd season and really after that there is not much motivation to go on ;)

However if you limit yourself with 2 or 3 transfers a year and set rules on who you can buy.. it'll take 6-7 season to get a DESCENT team going and so you wouldn't have won everything chances are.

i'm out.

take care guys

Back
Top Bottom