WE8LE Master League Thread

The Hadji you're on about is apparently at Espanyol, maybe he's there in the game. Hernandez might well be an unlockable player.

Hmmm, I'll take a look about Hadji. Your talking Mustapha Hadji, maybe he might be there he was an old favourite, although I was sure a younger version (that plays in France) was in the Morocco team in the last WE game and PES4 and I opted for him.

FD

Sure the dude I'm talking about is Youssouf Hadji, seems he plays for Bastia. Will need to see when I get home if he's there.
FD

PLF said:
Though Fabrice Fiorese did come in from PSG but he was a useless bastard and a waste of wages to footballers and came as panicky buy for Marseille cuz they had sold off players and fans were unhappy just to get some temporary happiness back......

PLF PSG has a history of selling good players like Okocha, Anelka, L. Robert and more........it seems that they are a unambitous club.

PLF said:
In PES4/WE8 there was nowhere near as much injuries in a ML season as there should be. I remember playing and I had 1 or 2 injuries in a WHOLE season, how unrealistic is that?? Almost every player gets injured in a season at least once even if it is for a couple matches but some get injured two or 3 times a season like Robben this time around.

Mate you should play with FC Twente

Last edited:
fd1972uk said:
Who is this Nasri kid?

CD - Morales, nah I do like him, although previously I liked another couple of players........................Zigic (striker)

Hey mate i've bought Zigic before, he is very strong, has a bit of pace in him and also excellent in the are, he is 202cm tall :shock:

Last edited:
Stringer Bell said:
PLF Marseille has a history of selling good players like Okocha, Anelka, L. Robert and more........it seems that they are a unambitous club.

Remember where it got them when they had a lot of ambition? ;)

might be a silly question, but when i start a new master league game as barca, the team name goes back to japanese! anyway of stopping this?

using the gangsta patch + scorpios option file btw.

hay guys my shearer hangs his boots up at the end of the season and i cant remember how meny seasons before the young shearer shows his face ????

anyone know

i tryd to get him to stay for another season but just as i managed to change his mind. lee bowyer only goes round his house and rosts his nan for fuck sake what a selfish cunt

Stringer Bell said:
PLF Marseille has a history of selling good players like Okocha, Anelka, L. Robert and more........it seems that they are a unambitous club.

dude those players never played for Marseille :D

And Marseille and PSG are both VERY ambitious but of course when they have one of the best players in world that is wanted by even bigger clubs in bigger leagues like Milan, Juve, Man Utd they have to sell but they ARE ambitious both of them... and do sign big. remember ronaldinho went to PSG even though lots of clubs were after him. Of course he didn't have best of time there but anyways...

Samir Nasri is the most amazing kid... 17 years old and a CF in game which is wrong.. he's a OMF and SMF.

fd1972uk said:
Yep, have never done this in my puff. Pity Hadji isn't around, in the last games he was there but not now. I was assuming this was the younger one who recently played in the Africa Nations and played for some french team. Also the ponytail dude from Ecuador, forget his name and Hernandez from Mexico.

FD

Mustafa Hadji and Yousseff his younger brother are still in the game I believe not sure. I am sure about his younger bro Yussuff who plays in Bastia though. Looks like him too ;) with another pony tail and same type of player :D

That Ponytail dude from Ecuador's name is Alex Aguinaga by the way.

take care

Found Aguinaga in the game, but no Zigic and none of the Hadji's. :(

Also made a mess of my saved game and copied over it by mistake, so need to start again. :roll:

FD

fd1972uk said:
copied over it by mistake, so need to start again. :roll:
Whoops! :(

I have finished my first season in ML. Finished 3rd in the Premiership and got to the FA Cup Final.

First, the FA Cup Final: Well, I was basically screwed by the ref, who showed Didi Hamaan 2 yellow cards within 14 minutes of the kick off!!! :shock: The first was a foul, but no need to card, and the second was debatable whether it was even a foul or not! So being down to 10 men after 14 mins in the FA Cup Final against Arsenal, was not an ideal situation. :-k, after some thinking I sacrificed Morientes and just left Baros up front on his own, which with hindsight was a mistake, as I wish I had left Morientes up and substituted Baros. To my credit the match actually finished 0-0, then in the first period of silver goal extra time, Henry broke through and punished me, final score:
[size=+1]
Arsenal............1-0...........Liverpool
Henry '98
[/size]
The last 3 games in my Premiership campaign were Man U (A), Chelsea (A) and Arsenal (H)!!! Not the easiest finish to a season by a long long way!!! The lucky thing was that these fixtures were purely academic as I have been confirmed 3rd for a long while. However there was still pride to play for, and a cup final revenge tie last of all. In both Man U & Chelsea I finished with 10 men and 0 points.
[size=+1]
Manchester United......4-0........Liverpool
V Nistelrooy (3)
Solsjkaer

Chelsea............2-1............Liverpool
Drogba (2)........................Riise
[/size]
In the 2-1 defeat to Chelsea, Riise scored Goal of the Season as voted for by the Kop, which you can see by clicking his name. A very nice consolation goal, which he smashed home off the bar with his right foot :shock:!

The last game of the season was home to Arsenal. And I owed them one for the FA Cup Final defeat. This time I finished with 11, and it was a much more even game with chances at both ends. A nice move started by Gerrard found Baros, who found Cisse, who found the back of the net, 1-0 after 55mins play. I was on top for the rest of the game and came close on few occasions, but I was made to pay for my misses as van Persie took a high ball on the bounce and managed to poke it over Mondragon's head in injury time! 1-1, but a rivalry seems to be building.
[size=+1]
Liverpool.........1-1........Arsenal
Cisse '55......................van Persie '90+1
[/size]
Overall, a good season, and some European football next season, although I fear the huge amount of games may be a hinderance, rather than a help.

More to come soon... :)

:lol: LOL.........you where trying a Blackburn tactic on Arsenal, weren't you? :lol:

I've made my 4 leagues a combo of the different leagues i.e. 1. England/Scotland/Germany 2. Italy/Greece 3. Spain/France/Portugal 4. Combo of the rest of the European teams and I'm in the 2nd Division obviously with a array of Dutch teams.

FD

Finished my first season in the ML with BLackburn on 5* in the 2nd division. Finished 5th, 1 point behind 4th place. Needed a victory in the last game against the 6th place side but couldn't manage it. Was not out of the D2 cup in the first round on aggregate 3-3. Partizan scored 1 minute before injury time to seal my doom. Didn't have a lot of money in the offseason so I only purchased Pablo Mastroeni (USA). OTher players I brought in during the midseason transfer was Carew (CF) and Nakata (OMF). Through 2 games of the 2nd season I am in 5th place with 2 draws. We'll see what happens next.

PLF said:
dude those players never played for Marseille :D

Silly me.......i mean't PSG

fd1972uk said:
Found Aguinaga in the game, but no Zigic..........

Look for a tall player, 202cm, in the Serbia & Montenegro squad. If his not there i don't really know.

===========

Also beautiful goal Tim7 :)

Last edited:
Tim this means you have to play more of your youngsters.... This is a great chance for sum of them to develop into world class players.......

Well I easily qualified for Champs League and im in first place in the EPL with just 1 loss so far.... Away games are 3x harder than home games which I think makes the game even more realistic.... I got hammered 3-1 at St james Park......:(

Champs League QUalifiers
Arsenal- 12pts
Leverkersun- 8pts
Sevilla- 7pts
Hertha Berlin- 3pts

Very nice goal by Riise Tim7, it would have been nicer for him to deliver that rocket with his left though.

You know i'm starting to wonder this about WE8LE, someone told me in this new game the game doesn't care much about WEAK foot accuracy and i said thats shit.. but now i see people are delivering good shots/crosses left and right with weaker foot which is a step-backward from previous versions where if i had the ball on my right with Riise i'd probably wouldn't shoot as I expected it to go horribly wrong... and take it on my left.

Yes, I am looking to develop some young raw talent. Just bought two 17 year olds, one is CMF called Prince but he's crap lol. The other is CB called Van Duyist (i think) and he has a lot of potential so I'm going to try and coach him into being world class.

Right, done all pre season matches, had 6 matches, good for trying out new players / combinations. De Vuyst, the 18 year old CB has really impressed me and earns himself a place in the starting 11 for the first Premiership game in the new season, which is against Arsenal! Spooky eh...

I am in the CL qualifying stages and this is my group:

Liverpool
Udinese
Atletico Madrid
Aston Villa

Should be able to navigate my way through that. Especially with the promising squad I have gathered, although maybe I am building a team for the future and it will be too much to expect results this season. Who knows!! Hehe. This is my squad for the new season:

Mondragon GK
De Vuyst CB
Hyypia CB
Finnan RSB
Traore LSB
Gerrard CMF
Xabi Alonso DMF
Luis Garcia RMF
Riise LMF
Cisse CF
Baros CF
Dudek GK
Carragher CB
Pellegrino CB
Josemi SB
Welsh CMF
Hamaan DMF
H. Nakata OMF
Fusani OMF
Sneijder CMF
Pauleta CF
Sinama Pongolle CF
Morientes CF
Potter CMF
Prince CMF
Smicer SMF
Biscan DMF
Nunez SMF
Kirkland GK

Nice to see your starting line up isn't all that different from when you started the game. I hate it when people totally change a team they picked with only 2-3 players from original line up.

Still though you have WAYyyyy too much backup for central midfield it seems and to not play Sneijder is a tragedy. Sure Xabi and Gerrard are amazing but this is why Sneijder wouldn't come to this team because he wouldn't want to sit on bench. Unless you find space for him on wing or something.

You play with 2 CMs, Xabi and Gerrard so max you'll need is 1 DMF, 2 CM's and ONE OMf... which could be a promising young original player like Potter, I don't know why you have H. Nakata AND Fusani it's just a bit too much i think as well as Smicer of course but i count him as backup for wing so thats alright.

Welsh
Sneijder
Gerrard
Xabi Alonso
Fusani
Nakata
Biscan
AND Hamman all competing for only 2 spots is a bit too much in my opinion even for a glamorous club like Liverpool and one that will be in 3 competitions next season.

I doubt Pauleta would move to a club to sit on bench in the last years of his career either seeing as how you have 5 top strikers with 3 still young and able to improve much... it's unlikely Pedro will get much playing time. Someone less famous and more backupy would be more appropriate than a guy who regularly hits 15+ goals in a season sitting on bench hoping to play few games max in a season especially when he has only 2-3 seasons left in him.

Anyways those are my thoughts Tim7 but I still enjoy reading your ML of course I just thought i'd give you my views on the realism of it all.

Hope to hear more from you soon.

take care

Back
Top Bottom