*WE8 Goals/Magic Moments Thread *

Discussion in 'Winning Eleven' started by Sulph, 3 August 2004.

1. dannyboy22

dannyboy22 League 2

29 July 2003
    Here's a goal i've scored. 4* European Cup. It doesn't look that good close up with this angle but the run is great by Henry, but it's the only view I've caught on my crappy cam thats decent quality. I nutmeg the last defender too :D

http://www.danny18.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/henryrungoal3.mpg

2. Nyquil Ninja

Nyquil Ninja Conference

20 February 2004
    So are you going to return the game when you get it? Why are you still wanting to see more of the game, when you don't think it's any good, even before you have played it. Keepers do suck a lot of the time, but you're overcooking it too much (I had the same concerns too). Shooting animations are not that bad either, esp. when you see how smooth the game fits together. We all want a perfect game, but if your going to say something is not even half acceptable, then show us something that is.

3. fourtet

fourtet Guest

I'm simply wondering why they are spending all this time faffing about with new tricks etc. when they should be worrying about honing and improving important things like goalkeeping/shooting.

To improve those profit margins, thats why :)

4. Yeah, it's gonna be one of those things that makes me think "BULLSHIT!!!" when it happens in the game, but plenty of stuff did that in PES3 (constant handballs, defenders who are shitty matching Ronaldo for speed), but I still play it all the damn time regardless of these flaws. From what I've seen and heard of WE8 it should be a better overall game with less annoying shit than PES3, but when you see stuff that wasn't broke, like the difficulty of scoring from near the halfway line, being "fixed" it is depressing and I don't blame people for being disapointed about it.

On the positive side though, maybe it's really hard to score those kinds of goals and they only go in once in like 50 attempts or if the keeper is REALLY off his line. Time will tell.

5. matrix808

matrix808 League 2

25 October 2002
    Amsterdam
    AFC Ajax
    i think you guys must try to focus more on everything that improved, without playing it and feeling you cant judge,
    ofcourse the gk could be better and the outside foot shots could be better, i think the big picture is that this game is one of the best out of the whole series, wait play it 3 / 4 days and judge
    more fun that way

6. chigg_z

chigg_z Guest

Nice goal Dannyboy, keep em coming.

7. Sulph

Sulph Goodbye...

28 September 2003
    Yeh great, and keep them coming. I scored a scorcher with Ginakopolous of Greece today but I didnt save it because i pressed the start button to quickly. damn.

8. oasismark

oasismark Conference

11 March 2003
    Sheffield, ENGLAND

Good gaol, just noticed henry has his socks pulled up high, cool!

Also just noticed that the players get muddy. COol aditions

9. dannyboy22

dannyboy22 League 2

29 July 2003
  10. Sulph

Sulph Goodbye...

28 September 2003
  11. elchico

elchico Guest

your henry goal is freakin' superb...everything from the run, the cut inside, the mud, the splashes of water and the finish...brilliant! Anyone who finds anything wrong with this goal must be seriously ill. And will you stop bitchin' about the keepers and the shots? Play some freakin' defence and just stop nagging. This is the greatest football franshise of all time...one of the greatest games of all time. It's so close to perfect that you can forgive all its niggles. And what's wrong with the shooting? Bothered by the 0.001% bad looking shots? I happen to play this game every day of every week, and i am amazed how each goal is different from the next one...thank your lucky stars about the improvements you get each game, and that Konami isn't EA (extra textures are called a patch, not a game)..

12. tomx

tomx League 2

17 February 2004
    Slovenija
    Elchico you are right.....

13. Sulph

Sulph Goodbye...

28 September 2003
    Got some new vids coming up soon.

14. dannyemerson

dannyemerson Non-League

18 January 2003
    when?

15. Freddie

Freddie League 2

19 August 2003
    Sweden
    Here is a new Goal by me, the first one in WE8 that I am actually proud off!

Go to: http://www.plump.se/Menus and download the goal "Powerful Header - Dario Silva".

Please tell me what you think about it.

@ Sulph: I will add some of your goals soon, thanks for sending them :)

16. tomx

tomx League 2

17 February 2004
    Slovenija
  17. Sulph

Sulph Goodbye...

28 September 2003
    I have many great goals but nowhere to host them.:(

18. proxi

proxi Champions League

9 February 2003
    Sheffield
    Tottenham Hotspur
  19. Sulph

Sulph Goodbye...

28 September 2003
    What? Whos e mail do i send it to? I have vids but want to make them viewable to everyone.

20. proxi

proxi Champions League

9 February 2003
    Sheffield
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Send it to yourself, then it gives you a link to download the file.. which you can post and everyone can download

21. Sulph

Sulph Goodbye...

28 September 2003
    Okay thanks prox. :)

22. Sulph

Sulph Goodbye...

28 September 2003
  23. proxi

proxi Champions League

9 February 2003
    Sheffield
    Tottenham Hotspur
    No problemo. "WE8 Moments" :mrgreen:

"magic... moments.... when ..... da-da-da-da-da-da... ahem"!

I'll grab it now

24. proxi

proxi Champions League

9 February 2003
    Sheffield
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Frig me!

Thought Drogba's goal was good!

Then Makelele's tackle was cool. Has the bug gone where in WE7 if your opponent rounded the keeper the last defender back would freeze for a sec?

Lampards goal.... sublime! The replay views proper show it off :)

Scholes' movement in his goal was very realistic

25. Sulph

Sulph Goodbye...

28 September 2003
  26. Coopz

Coopz Retired Footballer

27 April 2002
    Heres a goal i just scored

Not so much the goal just the new skill to skin defenders :)

Henry goal

27. dannyboy22

dannyboy22 League 2

29 July 2003
    Great stuff Coopz, I haven't fooled em that well with that move yet. :(

28. Sulph

Sulph Goodbye...

28 September 2003
    Nice one.

29. mikemcenroe

mikemcenroe Conference

29 April 2002
    RE: henry goal

how did you do the little knock forward as you turned inside?

thanks in advance!

30. Coopz

Coopz Retired Footballer

27 April 2002
    "Quote:
    stilts1884

Also, from this stopped position, if you hold R2 ( i think you have to hold) and tap the direction pad twice in a direction perpendicular to the direction ur player is facing, he will do a jab step foot fake. great stuff!"

http://www.evo-web.co.uk/files/videos/r2_move.rar