WE10: Post Players

Andreas

2 August 2003
Wasn't it possible to choose a post player (target man) in WE10? Does anyone know how this works, and does anyone know how to do it?

Yes, you could do it since PES4 or maybe PES3, you just go to the special abilities and theres a 'Post Player' ability-all you have to do is give the player that star(*)

A post player is a strong player who can hold up the ball, keeping defenders away with his body strength and wait for other players to come upfield.

fatman_scoop: Yes, I know you can choose to give players post player stars, but I thought you could choose WHO in your team you want as your target man (post player) from the match tactics or something, so that you'll hit a long ball, you'll automatically aim for him. Not sure how this works, but there's a quick setting called Post Play (translated with Fernando's V1 patch).

choose the post player quick setting and that should work

i wouldnt mind someone translating the text that explains all of them :)

I have just tried "post player" and its awesome

I think it may have to be a lone striker though which is a shame but even so the "post player" plays on the shoulder of the last man for the whole of the game resulting in alot of lofted balls forward for him to chest contol or knock down.

Ive created some excellent chances using it and im only using Australia :)

Ok thanks, I've just started an International Challenge with Italy, so I'll try the Post Play thing with Luca Toni, and see how it works.

I don't think that if you choose the post player in the quick settings, it means that every long pass ahead is aimed to him.
I've tried all the different tactics in the quick settings, and for each of them the CPU set up a different formation with different players and, adjust arrow for attack and defence, as well as position and module. Anyway when i chose Post players the CPU made a 4-2-3-1 and he didn't chose a post player man.

Ok, the only thing I've noticed when setting the Post Play thing, is that one of your strikers (or your only striker) is moved all the way to the top of the formation table. Tried it with Italy, using Pirlo to pass the ball long to Toni who was the "post player", but I had trouble controlling the ball. I had to either head it on/back, or the defenders would head it away.

MrCoopz: what kind of pass do you use when playing with the post player? I used the lifted through ball, and that worked pretty well.

speaking of: Toni is just from Modena, he played in our team at the beginning, he was remembered from people as very poor player, how come you know Toni from Norway, obviously Norway is the real Post Player's land, isn't it?

Yes, this time they added the real lofted slow passing ball, a "must have" for the "post player" play

Yeah, Norway's probably the land of post players ;) I think all of Norway's strikers in WE10 has the Post Player star.

The lofted through balls are so good, they look so much more realistic than the one's in PES5.

Toni is definitely no poor player anymore. He scored against us last year in the World Cup qualification match, by the way, when he was still in Palermo. And this season he's been amazing.

Last edited:
Andreas said:
Ok, the only thing I've noticed when setting the Post Play thing, is that one of your strikers (or your only striker) is moved all the way to the top of the formation table. Tried it with Italy, using Pirlo to pass the ball long to Toni who was the "post player", but I had trouble controlling the ball. I had to either head it on/back, or the defenders would head it away.

MrCoopz: what kind of pass do you use when playing with the post player? I used the lifted through ball, and that worked pretty well.

Yeah i used the lifted through ball

its all about timing, u have to watch the radar for ur man to make the run just off the defender and then try and hit him. I can harly ever filck on to my own players so i have to either chest and hold it up or if the run is good chest and get a shot in.

i found it works better if u do it from an angle rather the straight down the middle. also u can use L1 and O but he will only be able to flick or knock down them balls becuase there fired up to him

Im trying to experament to find the best way to use a "post player" to knock down balls for others, i tried putting another 2 players up there with him but the passes down always goto the target man that way

ill keep experamenting :)

Back
Top Bottom