WE10 Free kicks!!

Moufa-man

Conference
18 June 2003
Planet Moufa
How do you score them?They are different from WE9 where almost every free kick went in!I keep trying but I only got to hit the post on my best effords!

I am starting to thing that the free kicks are not meant to go in like we8le where I only got to hit the post!!!

All tips welcome and thank you very much!!

In WE9 I scored free kicks using two taps of the Square button,filling half of the bar, and then hold Triangle or X button.

The controls are the same as in WE9 but this method doesn't work now for me in WE10.

How do you score them can you be more specific?

Thanks!

I always hold R2 but dont know if that really makes a difference. Do about half bar of power while holding up, they always go in. Ive already scored a bunch.

Always holding up?That doesn't seem right...up is for 30m and further!

Also R2 doesn't do anything from what I know.

How do you fill the power gauge?In how many taps?

Thanks a lot!!!

3 light taps to half fill the gauge, then immediately press triangle and down to dip it over the wall.
At least that's how it works on WE9, I haven't done any practicing on 10 yet, although I have hit the crossbar with Lampard already.

1 Tap... I score Fks about once or twice out of every 2-4 free kicks. Once you do it a few times, you start to learn where to shoot and how much power is needed, so it becomes easy and repetetive.

I dont know if it works in WE10 but :r1: :r2: and the directions of the pad used to work.

I can tell one thing for sure... the two-man free kick where you kick off with one guy and smash it with another (R1+L1 now)does NOT work as well at all. This is because the keeper no longer bites on moving to the other side too early... this time, they hold their ground. A good thing too, as free kicks were way too easy in WE9.

Really, I tried all the tips posted for all the games so far and for me it's best to just fill the power bar slightly over half and hold the direction you want to curl the ball in combination with R1 (don't know if this actually does anything).

How come now we cannot R3 to tap the ball forward?

Shall we ask this one more time?

BECAUSE YOU JUST CAN'T.

Androctonvs said:

Shall we ask this one more time?

BECAUSE YOU JUST CAN'T.

SINCE WE9 you should press L1+X to tap forward

i scored my first goal a sweet free kick 29m and have only played about 10 games with mates etc and have scored four ...but got about 8 players sent off in they games between us, but i think its alot easier all i do is move directional button 'aftertouch'half-ish power and hold r2 depending dunno if this is just a habit but there easier than we9 or even pro evo5 i think refs are a bit nuts no seen an advantage yet either but anyway its wicked :)
i use henry btw
cheers

You people with your "taps". :rolleyes:

:D

Just one press to fill the bar up to the desired length, depending on the distance and angle and then curling direction and triangle. Nothing more.

Last session I had of WE, I had 4 FK's, scored 3 of them. ;)

People who "tap" don't have much control with one press so they need a lot of tries to get the right amount of power. :lol: ;)

i score lots of goals in freekicks the same way i used in WE9. According to the distance i push the left analog back or forwards and then put 50%of the bar. i get lots of goals. Remember to curve

i was using :l1: + :circle: (half of the gauge) combination from 20-28 meters and scoring plenty of goals in WE9 but in this game i have none - even with a player who has 96 freekick ability. ball hits to the wall or flies over the bar.

any effective solutions???

hello,

yes konami always changes the spot kicks in each version to keep things lively.

the secret to FKs in WE10: the X button. for example, at about 24-25 meters, fill the bar half way or a little less, then when the ball clears the wall slam that X button. also, i dont curl much anymore unless the kicker has mad curl. it doesn't seem to bend as much as before.

in previous WE's ive used the triangle but in WE10 it doesnt do jack. X button all the way.

also, dont mess with the direction, just use the default. esp. on corner kicks. just dont mess with left/right. hit the circle button to 50%, slam the X and then slam it into the back of the net. you will see.

Difference between R1 and R2, from my experience, is a flatter or more floated delivery. I tend to use R2 when I'm really close because if the distance is too long the keeper will make it to the ball with ease.

One thing I like about freekicks in WE10 is the increased possibility of scoring on the keeper's side. It could just be that I've been using Pirlo all this time, but it seems to have improved.

Back
Top Bottom