WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2008 Next Gen - News/Discussions Official Thread

I really would like to get some solid information about real stuff, quite frankly I like playing against other people so the improved AI isn't really a big thing for me, I just don't have fun beating the AI.

Even if you play 2vs2 online, there is still 20-4 players that have their movements decided by the AI. So there is a huge influence still. ;)

Guys, have you ever seen any game where the graphics have been improved significantly? Look at whatever shooter or racing game (these are the games where graphic power is demonstrated) when the first trailers come out (gameplay footage) and look at the final version. Never a difference. I think that within those few months left they might work on the translation of some stats, typing errors and so on. But I don´t think that they are still working heavily on the graphics.

To be honest, this isn't exactly a trailer video. These are some pictures of fairly limited scope. We won't know anything for sure until the time comes. As far as we know, some things have yet to be finalized and included in the build. :)

Yes, penalties need a change. But to be honest, I couldn´t think of a well balanced system either. Where it´s your fault if you miss the goal. The problem is when you play against another person, so you can´t have any cursor or so pointing towards the spot you intend to place the ball.

possible video of the game for tonight !!!

I have read in a translated magazine article that PES will feature A new "Foot Plant" feature, which means that there won't be any more sliding feet on the grass.

God, that was the big feature for NBA Live 07 and it turned out crap.

I don't remember any game in the WE/PES series that really improved from first alpha or beta screenshots to the final version. When the untucked shirts were introduced they were present in almost every screenshot from the first batch of screens we got then.

I do hope they're just screwing with EA making them believe the graphics still look the same as the crap 360 version...

Cool nice 1 TG, when is E3? usually we get user posted videos from that event. I remember them showing PES6 last year on 360.

I wonder how the Blog team feel about this news. Has their motivation been hit, as they're no longer reporting on the game they thought they were

WTF is that, Graphic sux, we want untucked shirt but judging from those pics,i guess not. Oh well, its another pes , little tweaks everytime, I'll complain and complain but i'll end up buying this game, 100 CHF( swiss francs) every single year...really dissapointed it looks like the xbox 360 version TBH, its the gameplay that counts anyway but I just want to be as good looking as all the other next gen sports title

Great news Thomas. Just promise me that it isn't you who's "making" it :P

To Jack, regarding the pictures: You're very right, it is the Master League. The symbol in the billboard behind him is the traditional "PES United" logo ;) (the blue thingie).

This could very well be the new "fantasista mode", like I said in the other thread, though now that I look at it closely, that guy looks like Espinas... And I certainly wouldn't want to be Espinas in fantasista mode :)

Cheers,

Paulo Tavares

Yes, penalties need a change. But to be honest, I couldn´t think of a well balanced system either. Where it´s your fault if you miss the goal. The problem is when you play against another person, so you can´t have any cursor or so pointing towards the spot you intend to place the ball.

The N64 had that solved, you had the cursor, and pressed one of the shoulder buttons to make it invisible. There, solved.

I think its good as it is, you need a powerbar though for Pens.

Since PES3 when they changed the game engine and also the graphics :)

I'll agree with that. ;) I wasn't onboard with PES until PES4 for the Xbox (PES3 for the PC I did not like for some reason). I played PES2 for the PS1 though. :)

There has been some pretty exhaustive talks about this on the PES-Fan Suggestions area. Especially the aspect of how to give you control enough to make sure that it largely is your fault when you miss, but at the same time not giving you too much control so that penalties become too easy to place perfectly in the corners etc. :)

possible video of the game for tonight !!!

I believe that warrants a Golf-clap. :applause:

I don't remember any game in the WE/PES series that really improved from first alpha or beta screenshots to the final version. When the untucked shirts were introduced they were present in almost every screenshot from the first batch of screens we got then.

I do hope they're just screwing with EA making them believe the graphics still look the same as the crap 360 version...

Well, to be honest anything it better than sliding feet. They can work really hard with geat animations, but as soon a player's foot slides 30cm when they move to accelerate, it ruins a large part of the illusion. Same with balls through feet etc etc.

For those of you who say the graphics on this pics are better than the current 360 version, are blind.

The graphics are nearly identical to the 360 version. I for one, happen to like the current 360 graphics, so a slight improvement will only make it better for me. The only thing I am not liking from the pics is the shorts belt area. Especially when the shirts are tucked in. It doesn't look that realistic or convincing. I would like to see more of the tucked in shirts pertruding from the shorts.

That's about the only minor complaint I have based on screens alone. Having said that, I am excited about the gameplay!

I really can't wait to watch a video of this game in motion, not to mention playing a demo.

This is a great week already!

Peace!
;-)

The N64 had that solved, you had the cursor, and pressed one of the shoulder buttons to make it invisible. There, solved.

Wow, forgot about that one. Although I played Konamis footie series ever since the first release on the SNES.

I think its good as it is, you need a powerbar though for Pens.

Absolutely. You the player needs to have more control over power (so that you can control the power vs. accuracy aspect).

Good old ISS98. ;)

As for the cursors, I doubt KONAMI will have it for PES. Not that it isn't a perfect way of doing it, but PES has no intrusive graphics on screen, besides the player indicators over their heads. ISS98 has pass markers to give you visual info on what player you were aiming at (since it was analog aiming for passes etc, you had very fine resolution and if you had 2 of your players standing very close together, it was necessary with a indicator to show you which would receive the pass). They also had setpiece arrows, etc.

I think it looks excellent here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA2BIYwuCtI

The way they plant their feet looks totally realistic as opposed to their feet sliding. Not sure what you object too, this is far more realistic than many games out there.

Last edited:

1 - You don't even look at the Crowd or can see them when your playing anyway.
its like the dumb insanity over refs and linesman.

Its the crowd noise/reaction to on field goings on that has to be improved not how they look.

2 - Stop comparing Football games to NBA games its a non starting argument.
How many players do they have to animate at any one time in an NBA game, compare this to a corner late on in Football.

How much of the NBA court do they show and how close up are the camera angles, compare this to how much of the Football field we need to see and how close up the game can be in order to play successfully.

Still worried the first headline should have been THEY HAVE CHANGED THE MASTERLEAGUE.

Adam is on the phone right now with Konami. Told them that the internet is on fire and people are very disappointed. The pics are being called next-gen shots so from the PC, Xbox 360 or PS3 but not specified. They want us to emphasize that these are extremely early shots taken from the game and you will see a vast improvement over the next few months. They also stress when you see the game moving you will realise why its a next-gen version.

Guys, rest assure, we will not see any realistic next Gen graphics until an outer space Alien race comes down to earth to reveal themselves to us. Then and only then, will we really have access to advanced next Gen technology that Seabass will use for our beloved Winning Eleven games.

P.S.
Rumor has it that this aliens will not be revealing themselves to us until 2012. 5 more years guys!

Last edited:

What a surprise today!! GREAT to finally see some screenshots, and the new features sounds awsome!!
I must admit that I expected the graphics to be a bit "different" then what I see on these screenshots now.
Then again, we don't have any idea how long ago these shots were made, I'm not concerned about the graphics at all.

I really really want to see the game in motion, bet it looks absolutly gorgeos with the new animations and detail put into the player models and kits.

TomasGoal? are we gonna see a video tonight?

p.s. CAN'T STOP SMILING NOW :D

Adam is on the phone right now with Konami. Told them that the internet is on fire and people are very disappointed. The pics are being called next-gen shots so from the PC, Xbox 360 or PS3 but not specified. They want us to emphasize that these are extremely early shots taken from the game and you will see a vast improvement over the next few months. They also stress when you see the game moving you will realise why its a next-gen version.
Tell them to upload a video then :mrgreen:
Or even better , to send you the beta so that you can upload us some videos :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:

Re: PES 2008 Next gen - News/Discussions Official Thread

Nice find ! i'm sure now, it's the FC Koln stadium

thanks -dragonskin-

The inside

08_03_start.jpg

and no doubt on this pict

RheinEnergieStadion.jpg

Yeah but the PES section of the forum is dead, I think this topic should be moved or retitled.

Canét wait to have a taste of that crazy game !!!!
I just hope the ps3 will have some exclusives features !
Portugal licenced finally !!!!!!!!!! i already love it ^^ \\:o/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom