We dumped Liverpool out of the cup today

Well Done you added to an already miserable season for the scouse and for that you deserve an applause:applause::)

Well done! :applause:

You deserved the win!

PS What the hell did the keeper have before the match :shock:

Congratulations!

Your keeper was bloody excellent! Didn't he used to play for Man Utd? I recognise his name?

Didn't he used to play for Man Utd?
Steele%2C_Luke.jpg

:mrgreen:
:applause::applause::applause:

our finishing was woeful, Crouch should never play for Liverpool again after that performance, the cunt just gets in the way, Kuyt also isn't good enough. Babel kept trying to pass the ball in to the goal, Benayoun kept disappearing, Lucas didn't appear at all, Hyypia was shite, Itandje might as well have been asleep, we had dozens of chances and just kept fucking them up, and thanks to our shite defence we let two sloppy goals in.

Awful.

We actually played well for large parts of the game, but fell asleep twice and paid for it, Crouch really really pisses me off, I don't know how many times he got in the way of our other forwards yesterday, at one point he cleared the ball away from their goal as it was about to go to Kewell at the back post. He's fucking useless.

also, while i'm on the subject of useless, Reclaim the Kop are a total joke, this season has see some of the worst atmospheres i've ever known at Anfield, and yesterday was no exception. This was supposed to be the year that they brought back the proper Kop atmosphere, well they sat on their fucking arses all game silent, getting outsung for 90 minutes by Barnsley is embarrassing, no matter how many times i tried singing, no matter how the small groups of us who were arsed tried to start songs, the rest stayed silent. Preferring to save their voice to boo at the end. MAYBE IF YOU CUNTS GOT BEHIND THE TEAM, THEY WOULD PLAY BETTER AND YOU WOULDN'T HAVE TO BOO.

Last edited:
our finishing was woeful, Crouch should never play for Liverpool again after that performance, the cunt just gets in the way, Kuyt also isn't good enough. Babel kept trying to pass the ball in to the goal, Benayoun kept disappearing, Lucas didn't appear at all, Hyypia was shite, Itandje might as well have been asleep, we had dozens of chances and just kept fucking them up, and thanks to our shite defence we let two sloppy goals in.

what a load of garbage! crouch is one of the few who always gives his best, he cant get you out of trouble every time...short memory....

what a load of garbage! crouch is one of the few who always gives his best, he cant get you out of trouble every time...short memory....

Yup...i was going the say the same and the rest of his posting: what a fan...Liverpool is the club that has supposedly the best fans in the world....

Well done Barnsley and even tho I was gutted I take my hat off. Yes, and to the Crouch haters...short memory BIGTIME...Crouchy has been one of the few players who has played well this season and has scored a few important goals in the few appearances he has been given!!!

Yep funny how we've been calling for him to play upfront with Torres, he got us rolling against Sunderland and has scored crucial goals in the CL for example, he has one (very bad) game the other day, as did most of the players on show and all of a sudden he's shite.

HOWEVER, if its true that he is trying to use this new FIFA ruling to get out of the club without us receiving a penny, well....

Mcmanaman did that and he is now despised. His comments on Setanta a few weeks back didn't help though!

Yup...i was going the say the same and the rest of his posting: what a fan...Liverpool is the club that has supposedly the best fans in the world....

A bit of generalization there....... :roll:

Bottom line is, we have been fucking awful for the past 2-3 months. And it's still same old, same old....

We will score a goal, fail to kill off the game, and eventually concede another (normally from a set piece) and then perhaps another. No winning mentality, no cutting edge, and our offensive play has been awful. And our defense has been very poor as well. Except Mash, and Hyypia, and our defenders have been poor including Carragher. And Captain Fantastic is obviously not in the mood these days.

Basically, we are in a crisis, off the field and on :(

Put simply gerd its a frustration. Every time we criticise someone or something about the club we either have fellow fans moaning saying your not a proper supporter or neutrals saying, hey I thought these fans weren't meant to be fickle.

For goodness sake, a real fan tosses and turns in their bed at night pondering selection dilemas and criticising players who just simply haven't been and never will be good enough. Why? Because they care. We can't simply just sing YNWA, cover everything up, think of the past and expect everything to be fine. If football is a business now then decisions have to be made to improve effeciency.

Personally these players aren't good enough for Liverpool:

Pennant
Kewell
Kuyt
Voronin
Riise
Itandje

and these players I would sell because they don't suit the english game, depsite their class:

Alonso
Aurelio

And those on the way out due to age and poor fitness

Finnan (regretably)
Hyypia
Maybe Riise should be in this list because he has been an excellent servant and one of GH's best signings

We have some brilliant reserve and youth team players to come through, and we are short of about 4 class players. (All being wide players, and another striker)

But most importantly, the players need to start backing the manager and playing for the fans who have been having a misreable time of late.

I just want Agger back. There is a stats thread on another Liverpool forum that really is an eye opener into how important he is not only for our defence but for improving our attack by coming forward and raising our line and distributing. I honestly believe once Agger is back things will get easier.

Last edited:
obviously replacements would be brought in.

There are some profitable players there, and I also mention reserve team and youth players such as Insua, Nemeth, Anderson etc

Alonso could fetch 15m or a decent player swap
Crouch 10-15m
Kuyt 5m?
Riise 4-6m?
Pennant 3-7m?

Last edited:
But Rafa would just bring shite BACK in. You need a new manager, new EVERYTHING if you wanna win the Premiership in the next few years.

no he wouldn't Plan M. With DIC backing him, and Parry out of the picture (which I'm 90% certain will go through within the next month) he would get his first choice players.

Malouda
Quaresma
Mancini
Simao
Alves
Heinze
Villa

All players we have gone for but have failed due to not paying an extra 3m.

If you could get that list above it doesn't guarantee success - you still need a good manager who understands English football to bring a title - Rafa isn't that man in my opinion.

Anyway, this is Barnsley's thread - we should be discussing this in L'pool thread. :)

Crouch always gives his best?

Don't talk shite.

I've never known a player with his height be so shit in the air, he wastes more chances than Emile Heskey ever did, he's overrated because he sometimes scores against smaller teams. He is too slow, he's aeful in the air, his decision making is generally baffling, he chests it when he should head it, he heads it when he should chest it. He's got 19 league goals from nearly 80 appearances which is poor for a Liverpool striker. But he's generally immune from criticism because he's English.

Ask most MATCH-GOING Liverpool fans about his performances and they'll tell you about how much he wastes, the only reason people wanted him to start is because Kuyt has been abysmal and Voronin isn't good enough either. Not because he's a great striker.

That's the problem though isn't it, most people see highlights videos of Crouch scoring an overhead kick or a few clips on Match of the Day, they don't see him week in, week out fucking up our attacks by having the pace of your nan.

I would agree. Crouchy is a decent player, but no world class player. But Kuyt and Voronin have been so SHITE this season, that Crouch is the only option to partner Nando (unless Babel moves up front, but that doesn't seem likely as our left wing is in shambles as well!!)

Back
Top Bottom