1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

WE 9: International will relaese in February 7, 2006

Discussion in 'Winning Eleven' started by WE9, 15 January 2006.

1. WE9

WE9 Non-League

10 June 2005
    In my home
    Arsenal
    Even more depth to gameplay ...

more about it ..

here

ON PS2

Last edited: 15 January 2006
  2. TheWolf

TheWolf League 1

7 August 2003
    Texas, USA
    Manchester United
    The reviewers are comparing the game to WE8:I, not PES5 so what do you expect them to say?

The screenshots they show are identical to the ones they showed for the original August 2005 release of the Japanese version of WE9 so there's nothing new here at all.

It's obvious the reviewers have never seen, let alone played, PES5 as they would comment on the differences, if any (which we know there won't be), and whether the crowd bug has been fixed.

This is a waste of a review and basically any pre-release review of PES5 is as valid as this 5 month old news.

3. Artist

Artist Guest

WE9 International = Pro Evolution Soccer 5

No new game.

That´s all.

4. CapnKill

CapnKill Guest

Right, the review is for American audiences who don't get PES or the japanese version... so As far as Americans are concerned, this is the next one in line to WE:8... I don't see the problem.

5. TheWolf

TheWolf League 1

7 August 2003
    Texas, USA
    Manchester United
    Other than most of us have already been playing the PC version of PES5 for months!

And then, a great number of us have been playing the PS2/XBox version too.

Konami really don't give anybody who has PES5 any incentive to buy a new game we've already had for 5 months but just called by a different name! For freaks sake, in the demo, the crowd bug is still freaking there!

6. Feanaro

Feanaro League 2

2 December 2005
    Curse my old PC which doesn't have a DVD drive. Otherwise I would have picked up the PC version of PES 5 already. I have it for the PSP, at least. I actually quite enjoyed reading the gamespy preview.

7. ezio

ezio League 2

6 August 2003
    New Jersey
    AS Roma
    I will be getting it because of online play. Hopefully it isn't laggy.

Ezio

8. ChrisCasper

ChrisCasper Guest

Konami's website has the US release listed as Spring 2006 now and BestBuy has 3/3/06.
    Anyone have anything cocrete that says we will miss the original 2/7/06 release date?

I don't trust the game stores (EB & GameStop) dates, because they don't want to turn away early pre-orders.

As I recall this is the same scenario as last year...the date was pushed back a month.

9. TheWolf

TheWolf League 1

7 August 2003
    Texas, USA
    Manchester United
    I'll be very surprised if it's actually released on Feb 7th. Konami America will only have had 5 months to change the title screen and the opening voiceover so they'll need the extra month to make sure they can schedule that in alongside picking their noses and inserting their thumbs up their asses!

I hope it is early Feb. but history tells us it'll be delayed, it always is - WE6:I, WE7:I & WE8:I. Probably mid-March.

Lazy cnuts! Perhaps the new box it comes in hasn't finished being designed yet! Oh wait - it has! Ok, perhaps they want to wait to update the rosters! No wait - they always give us the same rosters as the release from 6 months previous!

Wankers.

10. Feanaro

Feanaro League 2

2 December 2005
  11. jflores

jflores Diegoooooooool!

25 April 2002
    Centreville, VA (USA)
    FCB
    Ok, so is this american version of WE9 be capable to run on XBOX360???

12. i pre order mine yesterday from a game stop store, in USA, they told me game would be released on february 7th but they won't sell it till the 8th.

13. TheWolf

TheWolf League 1

7 August 2003
    Texas, USA
    Manchester United
    Hoping so which is why I've pre-ordered mine.

If PES5 works on the Euro XBox360's, theoretically, there's no reason why WE9 won't work on our North American ones.

"Theoretically" being the operative word!

14. jflores

jflores Diegoooooooool!

25 April 2002
    Centreville, VA (USA)
    FCB

Excellent! then perhaps I should pre-order my copy as well. Thanks mate!

15. Simmsm88

Simmsm88 League 2

29 July 2003
    Is the game going to be online for the U.S.?

16. Feanaro

Feanaro League 2

2 December 2005
    Yes.

17. kamy100

kamy100 Premiership

9 June 2003
    Blackburn, UK
  18. viniciusdcs

viniciusdcs Games master

16 August 2005
    Londrina, Brasil
    S.C. Corinthians
    As of right now the answer in NO, I read the list of XBOX games that run on the 360 and there was just like 180 games or something and I didn't find any WE game in that list, but Micro$oft said it will keep on adding Xbox games to the list so maybe later WE9 will run on the 360.

19. FreeShyne2009

FreeShyne2009 Non-League

4 April 2004
    a lot people thougt they were going to follow the pattern of pushing it back to march.. but so far no announcement.
    It would be ridiculous to push back the release date with 2 weeks to go.

20. TheWolf

TheWolf League 1

7 August 2003
    Texas, USA
    Manchester United
    Why? That's what has happened every other year! You have to remember that Konami have always said Spring 06 on the official website. It's the stores who have said otherwise.

Regarding backwards compatability, the list was last updated in December and doesn't list forthcoming games, only existing games. PES5 and WE9:I have the same coding so they'd be no reason why it won't work on the 360.

21. JayM

JayM International

17 April 2004
    North Yorkshire
    Celtic
    I thought all games made after the release of the 360 would be made to work?

22. TheWolf

TheWolf League 1

7 August 2003
    Texas, USA
    Manchester United
    No, not immediately but Microsoft have said that their aim is that EVERY title, regardless of age is roadmapped to be compatable. Starting with the best selling titles first. There should be a new list of compatable titles out in the next week.

23. Logarth

Logarth Non-League

30 March 2004
    Clinton Twp, MI
    Fulham FC
    I can't wait! I'll definitely be getting it, not that there was ever any doubt. I didn't import PES5 this year; not with being able to go online with WE9I against the rest of us yanks. ;>

24. JayM

JayM International

17 April 2004
    North Yorkshire
    Celtic
    IGN has some videos of the PS2 version (I think) but they might be insider only, to me it looks like there is one or two new animations in the game (?).

25. TheWolf

TheWolf League 1

7 August 2003
    Texas, USA
    Manchester United
    The videos IGN have are videos of PES5 from about last Fall. If you're talking about new animations from WE8:I then obviously but there's nothing new in those videos. Neither Gamespot nor IGN have posted anything new or anything that really wasn't just a review of PES5 since October last year. I've watchedthose videos several times and they're identical to the ones they released as a preview for PES5.

26. JayM

JayM International

17 April 2004
    North Yorkshire
    Celtic
  27. Feanaro

Feanaro League 2

2 December 2005
    I'm sure IGN has released new videos. They've done a series of classic match up videos recently like Roma vs. Lazio. And the link in the post above mine has a video direct from Konami's Gamer's Day.

28. nsaka

nsaka Conference

17 February 2003
    Paris / London
    Hope they will fix that bloody bug from the reactions of the crowds when a goal is scored. coz c`mon.!