WE 10 - PS2 - Official Chat Thread - No more stat requests please

Re: PS2 - World Soccer Winning Eleven 10 "Official Thread" Out the 27 April !!!!!

Not that it really matters, but Jumbo is correct. PC gaming is very small compared to console gaming overall. Doesn't mean there ain't money in PC gaming, but there ain't big money in PC gaming for a title such as WE.

Re: PS2 - World Soccer Winning Eleven 10 "Official Thread" Out the 27 April !!!!!

Konami is at the limit for ps2 and they cant afford to wait for the release of the PS3 especially when you consider it wont be released in Europe and USA until much later than the Japanese release.
So it makes sense for them to release a game on the Xbox 360 in the meantime as EA etc arent going to wait.
And once the PS3 is released they can go back to releasing them on all the systems and sales will continue as normal.

I have a strange feeling KONAMI is gonna hand the 360 WE project over to some unknown developer or the studio that used to do ISS and just let them mess with it. When I think about it, it kinda makes sense. I mean the main team is developing WE10 for PS2. Who is making the 360 version? Unless its going to be a straight port of WE10.

I doubt they will hand it over to someone else.

I do think it will be a prettier WE10 ps2 though. But is that a bad thing ;)

embraceuk1 said:
Konami is at the limit for ps2 and they cant afford to wait for the release of the PS3 especially when you consider it wont be released in Europe and USA until much later than the Japanese release.
So it makes sense for them to release a game on the Xbox 360 in the meantime as EA etc arent going to wait.
And once the PS3 is released they can go back to releasing them on all the systems and sales will continue as normal.

I'm sorry but I can't agree with that statement. If I was speaking solely as a fan of WE/PES then yeah I would want the next gen version of the game right away but we're talking about next gen here and with next gen games come with next gen development prices and they are considerably higher than they are for the current generation consoles.

Also remember that WE always sells the best in Japan and since Konami is a Japanese company they are always going to focus on their most important market first. Since the 360 is currently not selling well in Japan where is the incentive for Konami to release WE for the 360 in Japan? Even in Europe do you really think that people are going to buy a 360 just because PES is on it? I'm sure the die hard fans will but consumers who are waiting on the fence like myself are not going to buy a next gen console just because one game is on it that I would really like to have.

Until the 360 improves in all of its markets there is no financial incentive for Konami to release WE 10 for the 30 right now. As I have said before that doesn't mean we're not going to see a next gen version of WE/PES as it will come sooner than we think (I wouldn't be surprised to see something at this year's E3). It will come but not right now as it would not generate enough revenue for Konami.

would the release of winning eleven 360 not boost sales in Japan???

I think it probably would you know.

cowden_harley said:
would the release of winning eleven 360 not boost sales in Japan???

I think it probably would you know.

How much do you suppose it would boost sales? Look I don't want to seem like a guy that doesn't want the XBOX 360 to succeed because I want it to succeed. However, let's be realistic here if anyone honestly believes that releasing Winning Eleven for the 360 is going to boost sales of the 360 enough for Konami to make a profit with the game is kidding themselves. Here's the reason.

As I've stated before with the development of next generation titles developers have said that games have become a lot more expensive compared to what they are in the current generation. Although in Japan there is a lot of interest amongst developers for the 360 the sales are not there to coincide with developers willing to put in the necessary resources to develop more titles for the 360. There just has not been enough interest generated for the 360 in Japan right now. Does that mean that Winning Eleven doesn't have a chance to succeed in Japan for the 360? Of course it has a chance but does is there a chance this game will prove to profitable enough for Konami to make a profit out of it? Not right now. Unless more Japanese catered titles get released for the 360 which will in turn hopefully lead to increased sales for the 360 then I think you will see Winning Eleven for the 360 (although it could be sooner than I'm saying as I stated before I wouldn't be surprised to see Winning Eleven for the 360 at this year's E3).

As of right now, I don't think it serves Konami's best interest to release Winning Eleven for the 360 right now. That doesn't mean down the line we won't see it because we will but as of right now it does not make financial sense for Konami to release the game until 360 sales improve.

blackflash said:
Even in Europe do you really think that people are going to buy a 360 just because PES is on it? I'm sure the die hard fans will but consumers who are waiting on the fence like myself are not going to buy a next gen console just because one game is on it that I would really like to have.

Well my dear friend... I am afraid I am forced to say: shame on you.

Dead Man said:
If you say so dude when as stated 360 version is in the works!

How can it be with PS3 when that has no release date?
Quite right Dead Man, I hate it when people say stuff like that! its been reported all over the place that WE10 is currently in development FOR XBOX360!!

As yet there is NO PS3 so how can it only be next gen PES on the PS3?

DJ

blackflash said:
As of right now, I don't think it serves Konami's best interest to release Winning Eleven for the 360 right now. That doesn't mean down the line we won't see it because we will but as of right now it does not make financial sense for Konami to release the game until 360 sales improve.

I agree to and extent but I see Winning Eleven as a development of the PES series. Thus releasing a Winning Eleven for 360 in the summer worthwhile because it will lead to a european release and american release in the autumn thus financially making sense. WE isn't just about Japan anymore(not that you said it was) its a worldwide name and the 360 sales in europe and america support their development of the game.

Seabass said PES next gen will be developed using PS3 engine because the Xbox 360 market is not big as Sony´s market. He also said that only PES 7 (Winning Eleven 11) will be released in Next Gen consoles (PS3 original, Xbox360 port) so you could just stop with rumours because all this info is around the internet in an interview with seabass. He even joked about the name "Winnint Eleven 11". PES 6/WE 10 will be released for PS2, Xbox, PC and PSP-128bits. 256bits/Next Gen only in 2007.

Stay Well

yeah cut the crap now and leave out the next gen discussion,lets stay on topic about WE10 on ps2 :)

Artist said:
Seabass said PES next gen will be developed using PS3 engine because the Xbox 360 market is not big as Sony´s market. He also said that only PES 7 (Winning Eleven 11) will be released in Next Gen consoles (PS3 original, Xbox360 port) so you could just stop with rumours because all this info is around the internet in an interview with seabass. He even joked about the name "Winnint Eleven 11". PES 6/WE 10 will be released for PS2, Xbox, PC and PSP-128bits. 256bits/Next Gen only in 2007.

Stay Well
You're completely wrong.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6129709.html?q=winning eleven

Winning Eleven series executive producer Shinji Enomoto appeared onstage and commented that his project for the Xbox 360 is still in a very preliminary stage, but he said the game should be coming out sometime next year. "We've just begun development, and unfortunately, we don't have a trailer to show yet. But although we've only begun the project, it's already going smoothly," said Enomoto. "It should take about one year to finish the game. We hope to release it in Japan between fall and winter of 2006."

ClassicD said:
You're completely wrong.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6129709.html?q=winning eleven

Winning Eleven series executive producer Shinji Enomoto appeared onstage and commented that his project for the Xbox 360 is still in a very preliminary stage, but he said the game should be coming out sometime next year. "We've just begun development, and unfortunately, we don't have a trailer to show yet. But although we've only begun the project, it's already going smoothly," said Enomoto. "It should take about one year to finish the game. We hope to release it in Japan between fall and winter of 2006."

i hope they dont quit it

good call classic D I was looking to quote the exact same item.

I wonder how many times these will have to be quoted before it gets through that Winning Eleven will be on 360 before PS3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Konami should realy use the Dual shock vibration now for ps2:) like tackeling and getting hurt and hitting the post u can feel the vibration:)

whoever they hand it to..it better be good.. I'm talking about PS3.

There are some rumours out in South Korean website Ruliweb, which are said to have been attributed to Konami's press release to retail outlets:

- Enhanced gameplay: players are more responsive

- Less interruptions to gameplay: much appropriate refereeing and adjusted cursor change

- CPU playing style: CPU takes particular styles of play - e.g. "Arsenal-style," "Chelsea-style," etc.

- International Challenge: Take a national team from regional qualifiers, all the way to the world's no.1

Other improvements are:

- "Random selection match" mode
- "On-the-pitch reporter" added to presenter and commentator
- "Stanley Matthews feinting" added
- "Quick Restart" added
- Player development, as well as player development graph in master league can be toggled on and off

woosoki said:
- CPU playing style: CPU takes particular styles of play - e.g. "Chelsea-style," etc.

Like what, Diving? LOL :D

ThomasGOAL said:
RUMOURS : but good rumours ;)

Beta (Licence can be added)

- Africa teams added : Angola, Togo, Ghana and Trinidad and Tobago. (Morocco and South Africa deleted)
- Europe = nothing
- South America : Venezuela out
- National Licenses : Japan, Korea, Australia, Argentina, England, Holland, Sweden, Italy and Spain (kits of WC 06)
- Transfer of the Winter 2005/2006 (the guy says, exemple Di Vaio and Vieri in Monaco)
- Clubs added with licenses : Rosenborg, Copenhagen, Celtics (and one other) Not on WE9 but in PES5
- Brugges, Moscow et Shakhtar Donetsk deleted
- no licenses for Ligue 1, Bundesliga and EPL
- Third commentator on the field "Iwamoto"
- no big difference with WE9 because the PS2 limit about Graphics
- you can see the difference hand-on by fluidity and new animations

RUMOURS :

Cheers, some more please :)

woosoki said:
There are some rumours out in South Korean website Ruliweb, which are said to have been attributed to Konami's press release to retail outlets:

- Enhanced gameplay: players are more responsive

- Less interruptions to gameplay: much appropriate refereeing and adjusted cursor change

- CPU playing style: CPU takes particular styles of play - e.g. "Arsenal-style," "Chelsea-style," etc.

- International Challenge: Take a national team from regional qualifiers, all the way to the world's no.1

Other improvements are:

- "Random selection match" mode
- "On-the-pitch reporter" added to presenter and commentator
- "Stanley Matthews feinting" added
- "Quick Restart" added
- Player development, as well as player development graph in master league can be toggled on and off

Same of my rumours ;)

ashmufc said:
Like what, Diving? LOL :D
That and maybe boring long ball tactics. This will be perfect for n00bz.

on topic, what is the stanley mathews faint? anyone have any example vids or can vividly describe it loll.

seems gay, i realy want some more moves

Awesome man. But what else? only these two or more? Ajax/Barcelona/Holland-Style? Italian/German-style this stupid cattenacio play? Old Brasil-style? What what.........tell us man!

well i got my figures from e3 where did u get youres from if you research it properly ou will find the figures i quoted were actually correct and i wasnt including applications of any form other tha commercial PC games, look it up, anyway I KNOW THE PLAYSTATION IS THE HOME F THE WINNING ELEVEN AND PES SERIES IF YOU READ MY POST CORRECTLY HOWEVER YOU WOULD SEE THAT I WSAS MERELY STATING THAT IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO RELEASE A VERSION SOLEY DEVELOPED FOR THE PC AS WELL AS THE PS2 AND XBOX AND XBOX 360 VERSIONS

Martin

P. S. Oh are you trying to tell me by saying that the xbox 360 version being the next gen version that a quad core cpu along with dual 512 meg gfx chips running in sli mode is not going to be more powerfull and therefore more next gen than the xbox 360??? i think not somehow imo Konami really should have a look at designing a pc only next gen version then develop the console versions the same way they have always done!

Martin

They need to fix the ref.. I mean in WE9 they are on my neck constantly. Enough is enough.

Junka said:
seems gay, i realy want some more moves

maybe, but he did it 50 years ago.

more moves? How about Duncan Ferguson's hyper upper cut?

marukomu said:
maybe, but he did it 50 years ago.

more moves? How about Duncan Ferguson's hyper upper cut?
Or how about a two-footed lunge from Robben?:lol:

Back
Top Bottom