WE 10 - PS2 - Official Chat Thread - No more stat requests please

Re: PS2 - World Soccer Winning Eleven 10 "Official Thread" Out the 27 April !!!!!

On sale September 29th, issue 31 of Xbox World 360 takes a look into the future of Halo and features hands-on impressions of some of the hottest new games due to launch with the Xbox 360. The magazine nets an exclusive first-play of Activision's hotly anticipated 360 title, Call of Duty 2 and catches up with Shingo 'Seabass' Takasuka, mastermind of the Pro Evolution Soccer games, who offers some tantalising snippets on the next-gen PES 360.

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=29542
I dont know if this is the one i read in the Us Store.
http://www.xbox360news.com/Blogs/News/hqs/blr_604.aspx

Re: PS2 - World Soccer Winning Eleven 10 "Official Thread" Out the 27 April !!!!!

I think that right now it makes sense for Konami to release Winning Eleven 10 for the current gen consoles rather than for the XBOX 360. We all know that there will be a 360 version eventually but it doesn't make sense for Konami to release a 360 version of the game right now due to the fact that there is a very limited 360 market not just in Japan but in the rest of the world as well.

It is only now that Microsoft has finally been able to address the manufacturing problems they have had with the 360 and although it will mean more consoles will be sold in North America and Europe that doesn't mean we will see an increase in of 360 sales in Japan. And I'm sure all of us are aware Winning Eleven sells a lot better in Japan than it does in Europe and North America where the inferior FIFA games tend to outsell Winning Eleven/Pro Evolution Soccer (I know it's a damn crime but it's just unfortunate that Konami doesn't have the money to market their games like EA does).

Also with the rising costs of next generation development it doesn't make sense for Konami to release Winning Eleven 10 for the 360 right now as I stated before due to the limited number of 360 sold worldwide. I don't think that releasing Pro Evolution Soccer for the 360 will automatically generate more sales for the 360 as most consumers are intelligent enough to understand nowadays that you don't by a console for one game rather you buy a console because there are numerous games for the console that you are going to buy that you are interested in. A WE/Pro Evolution titles will not translate to increased sales in either NA/JPN/Eur.

We'll eventually see a next generation version of WE soon enough but definitely not for the near future as there isn't a strong enough user base of 360s to justify releasing WE next gen just yet.

This PS2 limitation myth is the biggest bluff from Konami.
Sure PS2 limits have been reched in graphic terms but... is graphics what fans demand year after year? Is graphs the thing in which konami fail to deliver in recent versions? nope.

Just a brief summary of features that don't exceed PS2 limitations and wihch Konami simply doesn't include (and I bet that it won't on we10 once again):

- more teams and divisions.
- a proper euro soccer recreation, a ML that truly recreates a realistic national league and the experience of european soccer.
- a MULTIPLAYER masterleague! when!!!!?

a few simple improvements that could have been made ages ago. And please don't give me the "DVD size doesn't allow bigger DB" thing. WE/PES doesn't ocupy even half the size of a commercial DVD.

By KAiWAi from WEarePES :

another rumours but work with my rumours :)

- pitch reporter
- Nippon Challenge and "International Challenge" you can play the WC qualifing withh all nationals teams (in PES6 too)
- Customiser defense
- A ' personalité' is now given has the opposing team when one plays against the console. One will be able for example to see preset combinations etc... That will give a new interest has Master League and with the other solo modes.
- New mode : Random Selection Match
- in ML, you can active or not the 'graphic progression' and another détails.
- Better ranking online, etc ...
- New move : 'Matthews Feint'.(Sir Stanley Matthews)

WE10 dev pict ?

pitch.jpg

Last edited:

They might have reached graphical limits with PS2 but nothing stands in the way of expanding / improving other areas of the game. Nothing. The graphics are fine as is now.

Anyone who played the Career Mode in Fifa 06 knows they are far from the ps2's limit.

Personally, I can't comment on F06 because I haven't played and even if I did rather keep it to myself lol

but how is their career mode then?

jumbo said:
Personally, I can't comment on F06 because I haven't played and even if I did rather keep it to myself lol

but how is their career mode then?

You can star with a crappy championsip team n work your way up as well as other in depth stuff its almost like a PC game

Dead Man said:
You can star with a crappy championsip team n work your way up as well as other in depth stuff its almost like a PC game

Sounds like master league.

jumbo said:
Sounds like master league.

Not when you get offered jobs at bigger clubs and have lower league divisions e.g Coca Cola championsip

OMG Wiehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh New move : 'Matthews Feint'.(Sir Stanley Matthews) Whats thattttttt can anyone tell me what move that is????? i dont even know who Stanley Matthews is lol.

Men im al shaking and shit to hear everyday some new stuff about we10:) still rumours but great.

- pitch reporter

- Customiser defense

- A ' personalité' is now given has the opposing team when one plays against the console. One will be able for example to see preset combinations etc... That will give a new interest has Master League and with the other solo modes.

- in ML, you can active or not the 'graphic progression' and another détails.

Pleaes can anyone give me more explanation? becasue I couldn't understanding well

Last edited:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
i need to reserve some cash for that

You lot are getting too excited, that was all rumors ThomasGoal posted up.

jumbo said:
They might have reached graphical limits with PS2 but nothing stands in the way of expanding / improving other areas of the game. Nothing. The graphics are fine as is now.

Konami could place some stadiums of world cup Germany 2006 as "Allianz Arena" and "Arena AlfSchalke", the game would be simply fantastic.\\:o/ 8) \\:o/

I believe that we will see better Graphics, the PS2 has not arrived their Limits, see the new onimusha and the last soul Calibur! I know that Footballgames need more Power but there are Teams who have created very good graphics on PS2! I hope we will no have slowdowns or other Bugs!!!

It is the first Time tha konami brakes the rules and give us not a FE/LE version! Strange we get directly WE10!

I have preordert, i hope to see a good gameplay(not the same big change like we8 to We9) better anomations, more Stadiums(like we9J), more boots,
and Konami please make it easy for the Patchers! Not the same shit like we9! Every time new graphic codes, and we need to wait Months for new tools!

I waiting with a lot of hopes to get the best we for my PS2!

If Konami can make the graphics better, why don't they have used the power of the xbox?
I am sure that konami can make the graphics better but why should they do it for the Xbox 360?

please make better pitches!!!!! we don´t need more paowerful hardware to see better pitches!!! for people that play on wide cam like me, mostly of stadiums have very bad pitches. it´s difficult to see de ball. make pitches like yokohama stadium, the only one decent one defaut game.
if there isn´t the patchers, we were completely lost.
ad still continue to make better gameplay. more animation, moves and movimentation of players around field.

sorry for the bad english!!!
i'm brasilian , but i love this forum!!!!!!

embraceuk1 said:
On sale September 29th, issue 31 of Xbox World 360 takes a look into the future of Halo and features hands-on impressions of some of the hottest new games due to launch with the Xbox 360. The magazine nets an exclusive first-play of Activision's hotly anticipated 360 title, Call of Duty 2 and catches up with Shingo 'Seabass' Takasuka, mastermind of the Pro Evolution Soccer games, who offers some tantalising snippets on the next-gen PES 360.

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=29542

its not that mag its.

Its xbox360 issue 4

Interesting they also have an ETA august 2006.

is there a video for the new WE10 ??

Dude i dont wanna sound bad, but WE9 is a real PS2 game and they wil focus on xbox360 when ps2 is out of the picture. Cus in japan ps2 rules the xbox360 even.

Just to make an important comment that i dont think any of you lot have made, high end PC´s (Mine in Particular) AMD fx 55 2 gig of RAM and much more powerful gfx card than either of the xboxs Geforce 7800 could surley run a much better graphically and much more involving gaming expierienced version of Pro evo, or Winning eleven so i just put this question to you, as konami have obviously realised that the PC gaming Market is HUGE (estimated value 9 billon pounds sterling, according to last years e3) (there is proof of this in the fact that their last 2 versions of both games pes 4 and 5 and winning eleven 8 and 9 were both available on PC) i am just interested to see IF/When Konami will realise that IT IS DEFINATLEY WORTH releasing a NEXT GEN VERSIONA version of Pes or WE on PC for those who have high end systems??????? THE SOONER THE BETTER I SAY!!!!!!

Any Thoughts

Thanks

P.S. Does anyone know if "Shingo" Seabass actually checks out these forums himself?

Laters
Martin

Last edited:

I doubt he checks these out, think he usually has an interpreter for interviews so doubt he'd bother frequenting a foreign language forum.

I don't think the PC will ever get a version which isn't a port of a console version. It gets a game which hardly pushes it just now because that's all the PS2 can handle, when the 'default' PES/WE system changes from PS2 to a next-gen machine, the PC will just get a port of that.

The PC market is non-existent compared to the console one.

bumfucker100 said:
Just to make an important comment that i dont think any of you lot have made, high end PC´s (Mine in Particular) AMD fx 55 2 gig of RAM and much more powerful gfx card than either of the xboxs Geforce 7800 could surley run a much better graphically and much more involving gaming expierienced version of Pro evo, or Winning eleven so i just put this question to you, as konami have obviously realised that the PC gaming Market is HUGE (estimated value 9 billon pounds sterling, according to last years e3) (there is proof of this in the fact that their last 2 versions of both games pes 4 and 5 and winning eleven 8 and 9 were both available on PC) i am just interested to see IF/When Konami will realise that IT IS DEFINATLEY WORTH releasing a NEXT GEN VERSIONA version of Pes or WE on PC for those who have high end systems??????? THE SOONER THE BETTER I SAY!!!!!!

Any Thoughts

Thanks

P.S. Does anyone know if "Shingo" Seabass actually checks out these forums himself?

Laters
Martin

The next-gen will start with Winning Eleven for PlayStation 3.

blackflash said:
most consumers are intelligent enough to understand nowadays that you don't by a console for one game rather you buy a console because there are numerous games for the console that you are going to buy that you are interested in. A WE/Pro Evolution titles will not translate to increased sales in either NA/JPN/Eur.

We'll eventually see a next generation version of WE soon enough but definitely not for the near future as there isn't a strong enough user base of 360s to justify releasing WE next gen just yet.

Well you might be right... you might be wrong. We will all know soon enough.

But one thing is for damn sure. I am the kind of unintelligent consumer that would defenitely buy a 360 just for a WE or PES game. And i am sure i am not the only one on this forum ;-)

Konami would not care and evoweb members would not boost 360 sales but still.

jumbo said:
The next-gen will start with Winning Eleven for PlayStation 3.

If you say so dude when as stated 360 version is in the works!

How can it be with PS3 when that has no release date?

I doubt he checks these out, think he usually has an interpreter for interviews so doubt he'd bother frequenting a foreign language forum.

I don't think the PC will ever get a version which isn't a port of a console version. It gets a game which hardly pushes it just now because that's all the PS2 can handle, when the 'default' PES/WE system changes from PS2 to a next-gen machine, the PC will just get a port of that.

The PC market is non-existent compared to the console one.

Hi Classic D i agree and then strongly disagree with you about 1 point you made, yes the answer to why wont they release a verson which will take full advantage of the pc is probably as you sed, as these games are only ports of the console versions, however i disagree EXTREMELY STRONGLY to the statement "The PC market is non-existent compared to the console one" If you are talking about the Gaming market in general on all platforms, as the 9 billion industry i was on about was PC GAMING ONLY i was not including console gaming in that figure, anyways thanks for youre thoughts on this guys love the games and yer forgot seabass doesnt speak english lol, oh 1 final thought (ha that almost sounded like jerrys final thought) I wuold love to see the Konami PES6or7/WE10or11 team splitting to get a PC only team as do a LOT of developers who do not merley port their games to PC but develop the games along with the console versions but soley for the PC surley konami have enough pc programmers in the company to achieve this!

Laters guys
Martin

PES6 will be released for the PS2. PES6 will be released for xbox,

As before the ps2 version will be simply ported to the xbox.

the 360 will get its own version, and it will rock

PC, Xbox, and other versions will always be ports of the PlayStation version.
PlayStation is home of winning eleven and that will not change as long as the little black boxes with the PS logo keep selling, especially in Japan.

Oh and by the way, Consoles sell much more software than PC. That 9 billion figure must be for all software combined meaning games, applications and so on.

The gaming industry as a whole is worth around 10 billion dollars (more than movies) so there is no way in hell that the PC market is 9 billion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom