WE 10 - PS2 - Official Chat Thread - No more stat requests please

Re: PS2 - World Soccer Winning Eleven 10 "Official Thread" Out the 27 April !!!!!

yeh WE10 is not gonna do big on 360 in japan i think.
But im so glad Konami is rlsing we10 before the world cup :) smart move it wil be defo 10 times better then that gay Fifa road to the world cup shit.

Re: PS2 - World Soccer Winning Eleven 10 "Official Thread" Out the 27 April !!!!!

kobashi said:
there really is no point konami releasing any WE game on 360. the sales are that poor it just wouldnt be worth it.
It will be worth it when they release it to other regions though, so it's still financially beneficial for them to develop for the 360. I do have a bad feeling however that when the PS3 arrives that will be the main focus, and the 360 will get a port.

gettin it..

Wiehhhhhhh play asia alsow confirmed :) :) i cant waittttttttttttt

cant wait! lets see wot konami have done to the editing section again, pls leave it the same and more boots

Dude, this news made my day.

I wait for new WE like I wait for World Cup.

ClassicD said:
It will be worth it when they release it to other regions though, so it's still financially beneficial for them to develop for the 360. I do have a bad feeling however that when the PS3 arrives that will be the main focus, and the 360 will get a port.
hey....sorry to disappoint XBox 360 ppl...but (speculation, nothing for sure yet..) what i've heard was Konami and Sony have agreement that they'd give PS3 the earliest release and yeah special stuff as the XBox 360 version be just a game that's the same basically...but out later...

there might be some truths in this because Sony is Japanese, and somehow, Japanese ppl like Sony alot more than Microsoft...hahaha, no offense, but i can see ppl totally stacked to buy PS3 while not that many buying Xbox 360 in Japan...and Konami will get more money through PS3 than XBox 360...so...i'm sticking with PS3...hahahaha..

hm...WE11 on PS3....lolz...(and to be honest, 11's the first one to be on PS3 for sure...there's no way they can make 10 on PS3 or anything like that...)

kobashi said:
there really is no point konami releasing any WE game on 360. the sales are that poor it just wouldnt be worth it.

if they gonna release a 360 game then they must release a revolution game also as the revoultion will sell much more than the 360 does.

yah, as he said, sales of xb360 is bad in japan, like previous xb.
(the big reason of that is japanese people dislike fps games.)
if he decice to release xb360 version before ps version, stock would go crash.

i also dislike fps games, cause its so random, repetitive and boring....

I think the real reason why WE10 came so early is because we9 sucked so bad, that's the real reason, not because of world cup

(This is just my opinion please don't flame me for this)-sry I gotta say this cause I know this forum got some weird people

I HOEP THEY CHANGE THE AUTO SIDE STEP!

Well there's a chance that the ps3 will not be released in Europe until march 2007 or even later. That would be a bloody long wait for the first next gen PES or WE now wouldn't it?

kobashi said:

if they gonna release a 360 game then they must release a revolution game also as the revoultion will sell much more than the 360 does.
umm I think when WE10 gets released on the 360 I think more Japanese gamers will be encouraged to think about buying the 360. Also us europeans and americans who love the 360 will buy the game as well and if you look at the sales of 360 consoles in those 2 territories you will find MS has done rather well.

DJ

djdavedoc said:
umm I think when WE10 gets released on the 360 I think more Japanese gamers will be encouraged to think about buying the 360. Also us europeans and americans who love the 360 will buy the game as well and if you look at the sales of 360 consoles in those 2 territories you will find MS has done rather well.

DJ

in japan, RPG is very popular.
so, good RPG maker comapny needed for good sales of 360.

anyway, i prefer PS3 to cheer SONY's bad financial condition:mrgreen:

Well a PES6 360 nextgen release will always be selling more then ... uuhhh .... nothing for PS3 because there is no PS3 for now.

360 sales maybe be bad in Japan, and yes soccer doesnt sell in US, but 1 milion 360's are already sold in Europe. Releasing a PES6 in 6 month's on 360 will sell at the end - i suppose - worldwide 2 or 3 million copies. I think that will make it worth to develop the game?

lol at hullybul, why would Konami not release it for 360 and wait for the PS3 to come out? what would be the point? they would lose out a lot on the load of people who already have a 360 and of course... no sign of that George Forman Grill look-a-like which is the PS3....

DJ

djdavedoc said:
lol at hullybul, why would Konami not release it for 360 and wait for the PS3 to come out? what would be the point? they would lose out a lot on the load of people who already have a 360 and of course... no sign of that George Forman Grill look-a-like which is the PS3....

DJ

well, the playstation has always been the home system for this konami football brand and i´m quite sure there will be no we10/pes6 for the xbox360. i guess it will be the same as with the original pes for the playstation 2 which was released over a year after the new system was launched (konami still produced slightly enhanced games for the old playstation back then until the new generation pes came out). so in my opinion we´ll see we10/pes6 for the playstation 2, the old xbox and pc and we11/pes7 for the new sony system and maybe also for the xbox360.

so i guess we have to wait until...

mr5973 said:
well, the playstation has always been the home system for this konami football brand and i´m quite sure there will be no we10/pes6 for the xbox360. i guess it will be the same as with the original pes for the playstation 2 which was released over a year after the new system was launched (konami still produced slightly enhanced games for the old playstation back then until the new generation pes came out). so in my opinion we´ll see we10/pes6 for the playstation 2, the old xbox and pc and we11/pes7 for the new sony system and maybe also for the xbox360.

so i guess we have to wait until...
WE has been in development for 360 for some time, it's just a matter of how it compares to an eventual PS3 release that's up for debate, not if there will be a 360 version.

Weird that this version is coming out so early. I was expecting WE9 FE/LWE/Int or something to come out around April. :?

RUMOURS : but good rumours ;)

Beta (Licence can be added)

- Africa teams added : Angola, Togo, Ghana and Trinidad and Tobago. (Morocco and South Africa deleted)
- Europe = nothing
- South America : Venezuela out
- National Licenses : Japan, Korea, Australia, Argentina, England, Holland, Sweden, Italy and Spain (kits of WC 06)
- Transfer of the Winter 2005/2006 (the guy says, exemple Di Vaio and Vieri in Monaco)
- Clubs added with licenses : Rosenborg, Copenhagen, Celtics (and one other) Not on WE9 but in PES5
- Brugges, Moscow et Shakhtar Donetsk deleted
- no licenses for Ligue 1, Bundesliga and EPL
- Third commentator on the field "Iwamoto"
- no big difference with WE9 because the PS2 limit about Graphics
- you can see the difference hand-on by fluidity and new animations

RUMOURS :

Last edited:

screw the 360/nexgen talk...its of topic if u ask me:(
Lets keep its to we10:) awsome Holland national license:) only no brasil :( i love the new brasil kitt

Last edited:

dfgdsfsdfsd said:
i also dislike fps games, cause its so random, repetitive and boring....

I think the real reason why WE10 came so early is because we9 sucked so bad, that's the real reason, not because of world cup

(This is just my opinion please don't flame me for this)-sry I gotta say this cause I know this forum got some weird people

I HOEP THEY CHANGE THE AUTO SIDE STEP!

Nah its not that,dont expect MAJOR changes from we9 to we10,its only gonna be a lil updated version of we9 and tweaked ai and gameplay some animations and lets hope some new moves.The total new WE/PES is gonna be on nextgen consoles cus we9 is already at maxed out what the ps2 can do with ai and gfx.

Trust me its a real smart marketing move by Konami to rls WE10 month before the world cup 2006 starts, u realy think after the world cup is over...and they rls the game in august then ppl are raving for a soccer game? ofcourse not ppl are getting excited for the world cup thats why they rls before the world cup just like fifa always does with road to the world cup.

Last edited:

i make a litle update on the Rumours post

ClassicD said:
WE has been in development for 360 for some time, it's just a matter of how it compares to an eventual PS3 release that's up for debate, not if there will be a 360 version.

Exactly.

I think people are forgetting that Konami have already said a 360 version will be out in Summer over in Japan.

Adonis said:
Exactly.

I think people are forgetting that Konami have already said a 360 version will be out in Summer over in Japan.
They actually confirmed this?

Adonis said:
Exactly.

i don't remember ever seeing this confirmed. and if it was please don't be suprised if it is cancelled.

with a console struggling to achieve 5,000 sales per week you can't really blame them can you..

honestly if Konami released the same WE game on PS2 and xbox 360 in japan. the 360 version would not do good sales. the japanese are not interested in in the 360.

A WE game may improve sales slighty like Dead or Alive 4 did but thats about it..

They confirmed and said it was coming along nicely!

Why would they cancel it when there is no release date for the PS3?

Xbox sold poorly but they still released it and the Japanese rpgs have not come out yet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/636/636223p1.html

Last years Xbox summit games list
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/656/656194p1.html

Seabass discussion

Last edited by a moderator:

ThomasGOAL said:
i make a litle update on the Rumours post
i like the stuff about the national team licenses. expecially italy! :D

RuneEdge said:
They actually confirmed this?
well no press release thingie, but was confirmed during an interview Famitsu 360 magazine did with Konami.

Its was reported in the offical Xbox 360 website.

I cant find the exact one, but heres a couple of links that sort of confirms what I said:

http://www.oxm.co.uk/articles/news/hardware/xbox_360_out_east_week_24

the most notable snippet is :

...and Konami has promised versions of Winning Eleven (Pro Evo) and Powerful Pro Baseball, two hugely popular series here in Japan, in time for the summer. There are big name games coming...

the second link has some more stuff from the interview:

http://www.oxm.co.uk/articles/news/hardware/xbox_out_east_week_20

again the most notable snippet is :

...Konami admitted that it has been working mostly on titles that will appeal to the West. Beginning with Rumble Roses XX next month, however, it plans to release more and more 360 games that will find a home with Japanese gamers. According to Konami Japan, new Winning Eleven (aka Pro Evo) and Powerful Pro Baseball releases will follow soon after Rumble Roses...

so thats some of the stuff I heard. Its not the exact interview I read. but I really cant find it :(

Saying that, whats written above is pretty reliable. Anyone who wants to argue Famitsu isnt a reliable source needs to do some research ;)

Anyways, when this press conference happen I sincerely hope theres some WE 360 news.

Why are they considering removing some teams from the game? Just add the needed World Cup teams and then that would be much better!

Having said that, I have a theory:

Perhaps Konami is only allowed to have a set number of national teams in the game with its FIFPro license, that's why they have to swap teams around.

hm..i think it's just PS2 problem...with graphic needs, (cause the moves of the players are very precise unlke EA's) and with all these requirements, they probably can't keep the teams there or they will have to cut back down in some detail or some other problems...

or it can be the liscence, thus they add new club teams, but swap country teams....

Back
Top Bottom