1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

WE 10 Free Kicks

Discussion in 'Winning Eleven' started by Stimulate_uk, 26 May 2006.

1. Stimulate_uk

Stimulate_uk League 2

19 May 2006
    LFC
    is anybody having a problem CURLING the ball on free kicks? i use the directional pad but the ball just goes straight to the keeper. On previous versions i have been pretty successful with them, so this halt baffles me. Can anybody help me here? Thanks

2. inite

inite Non-League

21 May 2006
    Same applies to me. hard to score from free kicks, layoffs as well. Only 3 goals scored in 2 seasons . Free kicks expert needed!

3. Dar

Dar Fullonrapist Staff

21 February 2003
    Dublin
    I've not noticed any real difference guys. Seems the same set up as before to me. Power and hold direction(s) for curl as it rises.

Saem as WE9/PES5. :)

4. Molder

Molder Non-League

21 December 2004
    Yesterday I played the training mode to practice the Free Kick and I could not do the curling. I tried pressing everything, the directional pad, the :r1: :l1: as Konami explains in his official page. Nothing happen:(

5. ClassicD

ClassicD Galáctico

11 November 2001
    Glasgow
    Celtic
    Dunno what you guys are doing sorry, no problem curling the ball in WE10 for me. Hold in left/right as the power bar fills up, same for corners too.

6. jonestm

jonestm Guest

Yep the method is the same, but i deffo score less free kicks than i did in pes5. And I'm one of the worlds best(maybe).

7. Dar

Dar Fullonrapist Staff

21 February 2003
    Dublin

Aren't we all! ;)

8. brunnoce

brunnoce It's a Grand Old Team

29 July 2003
    Belo Horizonte, Brazil
    Cruzeiro/Everton
    i think it depends a lot on which player youre using..with juninho i score maybe 8 out of 10...

9. inite

inite Non-League

21 May 2006
    wow thats alot. But for layoffs, i managed to get around 8 in 10 as well with rooney, but now the layoffs are too quick to measure the exact power u want.

10. Gabe

Gabe Non-League

11 October 2005
    i´ve always do the same thing everytime, if the player shoot with his right foot press left and down at the same time in the directional pad, and if his lefty right and down, try no to press to much down because it probably the ball is going to goal very slow, and if you wanna make a long free kick you could pres up and left(if his right).

I hope this work foy you, see ya

11. STR

STR .

15 April 2003
    I really don't see the problem. If anything, it's easier. A lot of the times the wall doesn't jump (or one individual in it) and the ball hits the target more often.

I also love the fact that you have a chance of scoring on the end the keeper is at with much higher frequency than in WE9, providing you have the right kicker on.

12. inite

inite Non-League

21 May 2006
    who does everyone use as your free kick taker? Mines Adriano/Henry

13. xett

xett Guest

hi all, sorry i didn't aware of this topic before..

so, any free kick master here who can share ur tips ? ;)

to inite : i use X after kicking the ball to slow the ball down. n the effect is the ball will goin down steeper compared if u don't press X

14. jonestm

jonestm Guest

Mihaijlovic is the man for me, because of his stance he seems to get loads of curl. Great long passer too. Handy in a fight. A dangerous romantic figure....erm...hahaha..From distance i'll hold up and right/left on the d-pad and triangle. Very close and down right/left on d-pad and x.

Last edited by a moderator: 27 May 2006
  15. xett

xett Guest

what's ur freekick goal percentage, jones ?

16. jonestm

jonestm Guest

40% roughly, but i shoot from anywhere.

17. Androctonvs

Androctonvs Discovered The FK Bug

30 November 2003
    Portugal
    SL Benfica
    i haven't managed to score layoffs or goals from more than 32 mtrs with sheva or seedorf, let alone pirlo :/
    the ball goes way too slow

18. Nedved 11

Nedved 11 Guest

hey guys
    without sounding to big headed, i am great at free kicks. i usually find that from about 25 - 30 yards holdin :r1: up and either left or right dependin on the side ur on and ur foot. beckham's stance is good for this type of freekick. i also find that wen u have a free kick on the edge of the area just tapping :circle: to loft it ova the wall to the goal were the keeper isnt works well.

19. xett

xett Guest

hey, can u guys still do free kick with O ? i think in WE 8 it worked effectively

20. oshri

oshri Real Marid

29 October 2005
    try this:
    take Ronaldinho, direct the ball to the target, then press :square:.
    When the gauge power disappear, hold(!!!) one of the directional button till the ball is in the net.;)

just to clear something:
    left directional button make the ball curl to the left

Last edited: 30 May 2006
  21. Androctonvs

Androctonvs Discovered The FK Bug

30 November 2003
    Portugal
    SL Benfica
    so right footed players shouldn't curl to the left?
    you on lsd or sumthin?

22. oshri

oshri Real Marid

29 October 2005
    the "don't" wasn't at the right place.
    i've wrote something and then changed it.
    btw not lsd - marijuana!8)

23. Stimulate_uk

Stimulate_uk League 2

19 May 2006
    LFC
    when i hold the left or right button, it just goes straight to the keeper?

also, i used to score r.carlos free kicks from 43m on pro evo 5, on we10 its a lot harder to do!

24. Nick Cave

Nick Cave Wrexham fan for my sins...

10 July 2004
    Non football league waste land...
    Wrexham AFC
    Score sod all free kicks probably 1 in 15 or so... on the training ground can score a few more but there seems to be no logic do exactly the same FK time and time again one will fly in then ten wont, far too little power on the ball 49 times out of 50 as well even when using a top striker. But this seems to be the same with shots as most now just fly over the bar without any reason!!! it's still a big bug bear to me Free kicks suck on WE and PES...

25. Kaiser

Kaiser PES Enthusiast

3 July 2003
    Borusse
    I question you jones;) i remember a certain mister Jamie Redknapp boarding that plane as the only free kick scorer for long enough(o.k it was on pes4). And those duels we have.... will be heard through the ages\\:o/

26. jonestm

jonestm Guest

Ah, urbanspy we both know who is the king of memorial matches. And the winner of the sunday tourneys is NEVER in doubt. Every time I win a free kick an awed hush settles in the room, and I bask in the reverence...

27. Kaiser

Kaiser PES Enthusiast

3 July 2003
    Borusse

PSV PSV PSV YOU REMEMBER THAT IMPOSSIBLE DREAM

28. Kingping

Kingping Non-League

2 June 2006
    I think the free kicks are similar to Pes5 power bar is just a bit different.

29. jonestm

jonestm Guest

I can't rememeber. Nor do i remember what happened yesterday night, I just remember it was very dubious. Anyway, back on topic i must say free kicks feel slightly more random than in pes5.

30. Kaiser

Kaiser PES Enthusiast

3 July 2003
    Borusse
    agreed*cough* germany *cough* Two free kicks same place, power, one lesser kicker scoring with less stats than the stronger who is nowhere near:roll: Seabass i DEMAND answers