WC06 Qualifiers' and Internationals' Thread (June 5th Results)

Professor Nutmeg said:
Penalty! after a Roberto Carlos FK, Roque Junior pulled down in the box.
Ronaldinho converts it. 2-0

uhauhaua my parents are from bolivia, i told to my dad that brazil scored 2 goals in 13 mins, he was like " bolivia? didnt know they had a team, those bastards." lol hehehe

i saw a request of all the scores from the WC qualifying matches, so here goes, as i am updating this, Brazil is ahead of Bolivia 3-0 (some of the sunday matches have yet to conclude/commence, their scores will be posted after the final whistle):

Saturday Results:
CONMEBOL
Peru 1 - 3 Argentina

CONCACAF
United States 2 - 0 El Salvador
Jamaica 1-1 Panama
St Kitts and Nevis 1-2 Trinidad & Tobago
Canada 1-1 Honduras

UEFA
Finland 3 - 0 Andorra
Ireland 3 - 0 Cyprus
Northern Ireland 0 - 3 Poland
Estonia 4 - 0 Luxembourg
Russia 1 - 1 Slovakia
Switzerland 6 - 0 Faroe Islands
Azerbaijan 1 - 1 Wales
Turkey 1 - 1 Georgia
Latvia 0 - 2 Portugal
Romania 2 - 1 Macedonia
Denmark 1 - 1 Ukraine
Belgium 1 - 1 Lithuania
Slovenia 3 - 0 Moldova
Austria 2 - 2 England
Croatia 3 - 0 Hungary
San Marino 0 - 3 Serbia & Montenegro
Albania 2 - 1 Greece
Italy 2 - 1 Norway
Malta 0 - 7 Sweden
France 0 - 0 Israel

Sunday Results:
CONMEBOL
IN SESSION Brazil 3-0 Bolivia
Uruguay 1 - 0 Ecuador

CONCACAF
Guatemala 2 - 1 Costa Rica

-fb

I just noticed FIFA.com has this matchcast thing for certain European Qualifiers, anyone know if they show the actual game? Or just a written play by play?

youre very welcome gravedigger, just keeping this thing moving along... heres a weird one

Sunday Results:

CONMEBOL
chile21.jpg
:shock:

CONCACAF
Guatemala 2 - 1 Costa Rica

someone please tell what happened there...

-fb

grav3digg3r said:
Beetlebum said:
grav3digg3r said:
Any1 saw the almost completely naked woman that entered the pitch?
Any1 has pics!? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Was she pretty?

lol, yup! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just curious to see pics of her huggin Nuno Valente! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Are you sure it's Valente that got the hug?

DD, he's a much better player in the national side, and now at Bayer. He has been rubbish at club level because he never settled. 5 clubs in 4 years (or thereabouts) isn't very settling. :mrgreen:

Professor Nutmeg said:
DD, he's a much better player in the national side, and now at Bayer. He has been rubbish at club level because he never settled. 5 clubs in 4 years (or thereabouts) isn't very settling. :mrgreen:

True, that can't really be helpfull for your club career.

Don Domenico said:
Professor Nutmeg said:
True, that can't really be helpfull for your club career.
Great performance of Roque Junior yesterday, he devised the penal of the second goal.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Perhaps Sven will realise what i have long thought about James. He is not, and never will be International quality. He literally commits a blunder every single game. It's embarrassing for the guy. Personally i'd drop him now, before it's too late, and give Green and Robinson opporunities. Green appears to be a far brighter prospect than James ever was. I always thought Wright was a better keeper too.

Prof, i agree with you that James is far from a class GK (IMHO he's lucky that De Vlieger got injured or he would be nr2 at Man City aswell) but in his defense i have to say that Austria's second goal was a deflected ball. If look good you can see that the Austrian player's sot was deflected by a defender...Being a former GK myself (in another century) i know that a deflected ball is far from easy to stop...

By the way 2 beautifull England goals...i especially liked the free kick, very subtle...

ANd Belgium???? "We" (THEY) managed a meagre draw home against Lithuania...after leading 1-0...Another hopeless performance...

i am still perplexed over the chile score. Soccernet has now updated the score to 0-0 between the two sides. however their full time report is the identical one of the Brazil 3-1 Bolivia match :-k

-fb

It was 0-0, look at the FIFA website. Seemed a rather typically well-mannered South American game with 4 sending-offs. :mrgreen:

FD

gerd said:
Professor Nutmeg said:
Perhaps Sven will realise what i have long thought about James. He is not, and never will be International quality. He literally commits a blunder every single game. It's embarrassing for the guy. Personally i'd drop him now, before it's too late, and give Green and Robinson opporunities. Green appears to be a far brighter prospect than James ever was. I always thought Wright was a better keeper too.

Prof, i agree with you that James is far from a class GK (IMHO he's lucky that De Vlieger got injured or he would be nr2 at Man City aswell) but in his defense i have to say that Austria's second goal was a deflected ball. If look good you can see that the Austrian player's sot was deflected by a defender...Being a former GK myself (in another century) i know that a deflected ball is far from easy to stop...

By the way 2 beautifull England goals...i especially liked the free kick, very subtle...

ANd Belgium???? "We" (THEY) managed a meagre draw home against Lithuania...after leading 1-0...Another hopeless performance...

I could of saved the bloody shot!

It went UNDER him so he should of saved it!

I wouldn't blame James, the game vs. Austria was just not his day. He did fabulous for England in Euro 2004. Until Robinson gets used to the big time, James is the best England have got right now.

this guy has had too many off days. he isn't good enough and he should just give it up. in his spell at liverpool he blamed his calamities on playing computer games all night. i say bring in kirkland.

Bring in Kirkland? Based on what exactly? Potential? A few good games for Liverpool? To suggest that Kirkland should be brought in right now is just crazy.

Robinson is surely the man to replace calamity
IMO he's a very good keeper and is a hell of a lot better than James

:shock: shocking defense on vittek's gol, whats with the music? :D

anyhow, about england golkeeper crisis. thats exactly what i think it is. James will have to play after just 5 days rest because starting another golkeeper will throw off the little teamwork that we have. what happens if this replacement (whoever he may be) is another flop? will sven start another keeper? or back to james? these are things a manager dont want to have to make.

-fb

footieBalla said:
:shock: shocking defense on vittek's gol, whats with the music? :D

anyhow, about england golkeeper crisis. thats exactly what i think it is. James will have to play after just 5 days rest because starting another golkeeper will throw off the little teamwork that we have. what happens if this replacement (whoever he may be) is another flop? will sven start another keeper? or back to james? these are things a manager dont want to have to make.

-fb

a friend recorded it,nothing i can do about. :mrgreen:

Todays Games:

Group 1
Armenia - Finland
Andorra - Romania
Netherlands - Czech Republic

Group 2
Kazakhstan - Ukraine
Georgia - Albania
Greece - Turkey

Group 3