Watching football online in 2019?

Saint Angelo

【AÑUNGA ÑUNGA】
3 August 2019
Dublin atm
YUGOSLAVIA
Guys bear with me this is complex! I have a problem, and you might have solutions, I might be just dumb.

Here's the story. I haven't been following any football action actively since like 2012. Only big tourneys on TV and PES on PC. But it feels like I'm getting that itch, after many, many years. Would not mind watching a game every weekend or so.

Here's the situation. I am in Republic of Ireland. I have no TV or satellite access or whatever the hell you do with TVs these days, I simply haven't used one for years. Only things I have are a laptop, 24 inch monitor and PS4.

Living in the age of Spotify and stuff I figured out there must be some sort of livestreaming service where you pay few euros and get to watch games. Like Eurosport Player. I use Eurosport Player for ski jumping every winter (November to March), and IIRC they used to have Bundesliga on Eurosport Player two years ago or so. I look into football section, and it's empty. First thing available is CL/EL draws in early August. Whattt!!!

I've browsed through so many online streaming websites, but they all seem to be region-locked or something. Is there any way around it? I've heard people using VPNs to access those websites (after buying a subscription ofc) but is it really legit? Kinda scared to throw my money away for now.

I know there are plenty of websites streaming TV and sports for free, but I would rather explore all the legit options first. Stream-hunting, looking for good quality, links dying out, ads, all that shit is so cumbersome. I really don't wanna go that way.

Please bear with me I've been out of the loop for years, I need a guidance of sorts. What's going on? You woulda thought you'll pay someone ten or twenty euro and get to watch Serie A in peace but n000000000 bc we are sports providers and we are dumb!! Or something. Get on with the times you old corporate men!

Now that you know my story, are you aware of any possible solutions? I keep googling on my own, and would like to watch some Serie A or even some exotic stuff like Brasileirao for the hell of it. Whatever league you have, I will consider watching. As long as it's legit, proper HD, normal livestream service. Does it even exist?

And keep in mind I'm in Ireland, it wouldn't be a problem in US it seems! :D

Thank you for your time!

BIG EDIT: Just stumbled across this https://www.premierplayer.tv/ apparently based in ROI, anyone had any experience with it?

Last edited:
I live in the US, but I prefer getting my content elsewhere because it's a.) way less expensive and b.) usually in better quality/in a better format. However, we do offer plenty of standalone streaming services for you to choose from (if you want to go that route) and that I'm sure are compatible with a VPN (**All prices in USD**): B/R Live for Champions League and Europa League, Belgian Pro League, and SPL ($10/mo.), ESPN+ for EFL, Serie A, and Eredivisie ($5/mo.), Fox Soccer Match Pass for Bundesliga ($20/mo.), NBC Sports Gold Premier League Pass for select live PL matches as well as replays of 7-9 matches from the most recent match day ($65/yr.), and Sling World Sports for live LaLiga, Ligue 1, and Turkish Süper Lig matches ($10/mo. or $15/mo. for access + 30-hr. DVR).

I use ExpressVPN ($13/mo.) and subscribe to a couple of different services: Hotstar (India) for PL and Bundesliga (FREE), Megogo (Ukraine) for Ligue 1 ($4/mo.), and Strive Sport (Denmark) for LaLiga and Serie A ($9/mo.).

Happy streaming!

Oh god @Steve-O21 this is precisely the sorta thing I wanted to do! What a good guy.

And it works. Learned just now that open Polish channel TVP Sport is streaming online 24/7 and they show Polish Ekstraklasa too, gonna be one hell of a laugh :D Probably add Polish Eleven Sports to that and we done.

Gotta set it all up on PS4 though, not gonna watch games on 15 inch laptop :OOOH:

You can set up a DNS with a PS4, but I don't know if the IP address they provide for you will allow you to access all of the sites mentioned above. You may need to set up a VPN at router level instead which will then allow you to change what country your accessing. A DNS does not necessarily do this. That should then allow you to use the PS4's browser to stream what you want. However, make sure to save/export a backup of your router's current settings/firmware because ExpressVPN's router firmware will need replace it in order to correctly install itself.

I tried this yes, but couldn't get it to work on PS4. Laptop is good enough for now.

Just finished watching my first Ekstraklasa game since oh god the hell if i know when!? What a thrill, watching your home league...they are much better than results (especially in Eurocups) indicate, it's a mental problem, something in the head, there's been some very clever moves on both sides (Jaga - Gornik Z.) but overall this league is a mess! :D

VPN works just fine. Gonna get Eleven later on to watch Serie A. Still, I'm surprised by what TVP Sports offers, all sorts of random games throughout the week, lower Polish leagues and random European stuff, all for no monies - just need a VPN!

Football finally came home, after long seven or eight years. :) Looking forward to the 19/20 season!

Back
Top Bottom