WatchDogs [PS4/XB1]

Re: [360/PS3/PC] Watch Dogs

No one has mentioned it yet but the PS3/PS4 will get an additional 60 minutes of gameplay.

"Ubisoft release Watch Dogs will offer an additional 60 mins of content to PlayStation owners.

The content will be made available post-release as a DLC download for both PS3 and PS4 owners. It’s a tactic Ubisoft has employed in many of its recent releases."

60mins... Is that like where they claim a cod story mode is 12 hours but actually it's more like 4?

Really hate all this exclusive shit.

This game was already very similar to Person of Interest in it's core concept, but now the guy even has a similar voice (also known as the badass voice) and a similar back story. Might as well call it Person of Interest: The game.

LOL yeah I mentioned that to the wife from the latest trailer, not only does he now sound just like John Reese but we also see him shoot someone in the leg, just need Bear to be in Watch Dogs now ;) Not complaining though because I absolutely love Person of Interest and any game that gives me a vibe of that show can only be a good thing!

LOL yeah I mentioned that to the wife from the latest trailer, not only does he now sound just like John Reese but we also see him shoot someone in the leg, just need Bear to be in Watch Dogs now ;) Not complaining though because I absolutely love Person of Interest and any game that gives me a vibe of that show can only be a good thing!

Agree completely :COOL:

No one has mentioned it yet but the PS3/PS4 will get an additional 60 minutes of gameplay.

"Ubisoft release Watch Dogs will offer an additional 60 mins of content to PlayStation owners.

The content will be made available post-release as a DLC download for both PS3 and PS4 owners. It’s a tactic Ubisoft has employed in many of its recent releases."

Disgusting, i really dislike all this exclusives that one console gets over another, wouldn't it make more sense to have it in all the platforms than just one? fair enough a lot of games are doing this now but i just think it's ridiculous and part reason why not as many people pre-order games.

http://blog.ubi.com/watch-dogs-multiplayer-e3-2013-preview/

Aiden Pearce will surprise you – and not just for the obvious reasons. We captured some spectacular new Watch Dogs details in our E3 single-player reveal (See: Watch Dogs – Sneaking, Jamming and a Grenade Launcher), but the biggest surprise of all is the multiplayer.

We knew it was coming, but we had no idea that it had already begun. Ten minutes into a gameplay demo (chronicled in our other story), we see an alert on-screen saying Aiden is being hacked. Quickly, the number jumps to 14% infiltration, and Aiden must jump into action. He uses his Profiler app to search for whoever’s installing a virus onto his phone.

Looking around, we see blue X’s on everyone we profile, and the infiltration percentage continues to tick higher and higher. With time running out, Aiden hacks a camera to scan a wider range, and he spots a suspicious-looking NPC crouching in a nearby alley. Aiden sets off to stop him, a chase ensues, and then a firefight. In this particular demo, Aiden ends up shooting the hacker, thus stopping his malicious virus install.

And then the lights go up.

The lights, in this case, are from another room in our behind-closed-doors demo at E3 2013. Animation director Colin Graham, who was playing the game for us, points to his co-worker, also playing the game, now visible through a previously darkened window. That was no NPC, after all. This is Watch Dogs multiplayer in action.

ALWAYS AIDEN

Now it’s Colin’s turn to hack his fellow developer, so he takes control of Aiden again, and pulls up his map to find a target. He analyzes the area, and then sees what appears to be an NPC a short walk away. Aiden moves into a position nearby, tags the “NPC” (because, as we’re sure you’ve already surmised, it’s another human player), then retreats back to a safe area to begin a virus install. He finds a parking lot, and crouches behind a parked car.

Glancing over to the other screen, we see that the “NPC” is, in fact, Aiden Pearce. In Watch Dogs, when you enter someone else’s game, you will appear to the other player as “not-Aiden.” In other words, if I hack into your game, I will see you (the “hackee”) as yet another NPC-esque character on my screen. And if you hack into my game, you will continue to be Aiden on your screen, but I will see you, likewise, as a “generic” in-game character. It’s in this way that the team ensures you’re always playing as Aiden, and after seeing it in action, we’re pleased to report that it makes perfect sense. It is in no way disorienting to either player, both of whom continue to live in their own worlds as Aiden Pearce.

Once again, the other Aiden begins to frantically hunt for “our” Aiden, and we watch both screens this time, seeing the other-Aiden eventually spot the hacking-Aiden crouching in the parking lot. The cat-and-mouse chase begins anew, and this time our Aiden makes it to safety, evading the other-Aiden and finishing his virus-install.

GOOD GRIEFING

This is just a brief taste of the asymmetrical and innovative multiplayer in Watch Dogs. While the team isn’t talking yet about the risk / reward loop of hacking into another’s game (other than to say there’s been a lot of thought put into this, so it’s fair yet compelling), Colin did share a few more interesting details. For starters, you can enter someone’s game and simply be a voyeur. Or you can grief someone – ram into them with a car when they’re trying to stop a crime, for example. (However, this aspect of multiplayer is disabled during main and side-missions, so no worries there!) Colin also assures us there are plenty of multiplayer missions in which you’re tasked with protecting another player, so it’s not just about adversarial actions. Finally, you can turn off the multiplayer component if you like, but since it’s already disabled during missions, we say keep it on – it’s a great way to enhance the complexity and fun while free-roaming through Watch Dogs’ open world.

Love the examples given in the Rev3games hands on impressions. Tailing another player in your car while they are attempting to tail someone else, or just free drive around for fun. And it doesn't invade into your experience unless you go looking for it. So if you invade others world, the game then opens you up to being attacked, if you want to just turtle yourself into the single player game then you never need worry about someone getting you.

Plus tablet play comes into play both to help you or to hinder you. You can open your in game phone and open yourself to be challenged by tablet users. That player then has to send the police after you and use the tools to stop you getting to where you need to go.

A new Watch Dogs trailer, apparently featuring footage from the current-gen version of the game, has drawn criticism for its poor graphics.

Released overnight, the trailer's footage appears to be drawn from a current-gen version of the game, though Ubisoft has not specified whether it shows PS3, Xbox 360 or Wii U footage.

More game videos from CVG:
Online feedback has seized on the differences between the footage shown in the new trailer and previous footage, which has demonstrated the PC and next-gen versions of the game.

Comments on YouTube and discussion forums including NeoGAF are near unanimous in their disappointment, with some comparing the footage to PS2-quality graphics.

Anticipation for Watch Dogs is high, especially for its next-gen iteration. The game was voted Most Wanted by CVG readers, alongside Battlefield 4.

In a February interview with Inside Gamer, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said the game's development is focused on next-gen platforms.

"At the moment our team is working hard to release the next generation consoles and the PC," Guillemot said. "Then other teams see how they can bring to the current generation of consoles."

Ubisoft Montreal is the primary studio developing Watch Dogs, while Ubisoft Reflections and Ubisoft Romania are also working on the title.

We've contacted Ubisoft to verify which platform the footage is drawn from, and will update when we hear back.

Apparently it's a PC version from a badly configured PC:

18234d00-3790-493b-af7c-7cc5843c6630.jpg

It was the xone version, but it was too sunny to the power of the cloud work properly.

Last edited:

Have the revealed what the point is about invading others games and hacking them etc?

On the surface it sounds fun. But it just seems to be you hacking them for money? Then running away.
You could do that in seconds against the AI and gain more, so why bother?

You just have to wonder how much of this is scripted. I mean, when you cause the blackout etc it seems to go to a cut-scene. Is this every time? Same with jumping a bridge, cut-scenes galore.

Does look very, very good though. Very clever.

Still looks great but there doesn't seem to be much to it.

I think GTA will kinda ruin some of the fun too. Ill probably have had my fill of cars and guns in a real world game.

It's a bit worrying that everything in that video is stuff they've shown us before but that now it's shown with a dodgy framerate and some popin and stuff, almost as if they've reached the point where they're showing real footage to lower our expectations, hopefully that was current gen not next gen...

It's a bit worrying that everything in that video is stuff they've shown us before but that now it's shown with a dodgy framerate and some popin and stuff, almost as if they've reached the point where they're showing real footage to lower our expectations, hopefully that was current gen not next gen...

Agreed, It's the same facility he's trying to infiltrate with the forklifts. The random encounters are just the same as every other time they've shown them and then shop owner raising the alarm... again seen it before.
Even the car chase came off a little samey... you just follow them until you see a marker and then press to activate and the job is done. Little skill required.

Maybe The Division spoiled us all? We were all so hyped for this, and then that happened and our attention and expectations are now set even higher. Plus GTA have shown their hand.

Back
Top Bottom