Watch Dogs: Legion [PS4/XBO/PC]

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Chris Davies, 11 June 2019.

1. Chris Davies

Chris Davies Chief PESsimist Staff

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    I'm not a fan of the previous Watch Dogs games, but this gameplay trailer from E3...

...oh my God it looks good, and it's got a month's head-start over Cyberpunk!

slamsoze likes this.
  2. gabe.paul.logan

gabe.paul.logan Golden Boot Winner

7 January 2007
    Budapest
    Hungary
    I dont expect at all any character depth here which they are advertising. You just simply cant write and voiceover thousands of NPCs in depth and do it well. Not possible at all, i smell something. I assume there will be character casts like grandma's, fighters, punks etc etc with different skin but the voicover and the character traits, personality will be limited and so you'll get copy paste characters mostly.

[​IMG]

pacpes likes this.
  3. Chris Davies

Chris Davies Chief PESsimist Staff

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    I see it less like "every character has a deep story" and more like a character randomiser, like creating a new character every time someone dies except you can't customise their appearance.

I don't think they'll have huge significance on the main story and main characters (who I don't imagine can perma-die) but it'll be fun nonetheless, and the main core of the story (and main characters) can still be strong and well-written even if the controllable NPCs are throwaway quests like "John has fallen out with his wife, go and get her flowers".

4. its999maggle

its999maggle Custom Title:

24 February 2018
    Mars
    Borussia Dortmund
    The driving physics are again terrible. They were so great in the first one. Looks like arcade city again just like watch dogs 2.

pacpes likes this.
  5. gabe.paul.logan

gabe.paul.logan Golden Boot Winner

7 January 2007
    Budapest
    Hungary
    Nothing charming or groundbreaking for me here then. Same old sandbox Watchdogs but now it has team work...like the Division or Ghost Recon but you hack. Im even finding it hard to get into the world of Witcher 3...but i know thats my fault!

6. pacpes

pacpes PES ♥

5 August 2015
    Romania
    Chelsea FC
    2 was such a disappointment, don't see much improvement from this one. CP2077 it is for me.