War of the Worlds.....(may contain spoilers?)

I just saw the film.
SPOILERS

Why did the aliens spray all that red vieny stuff everywhere? I don't think it was explained.
I also thought that ending was a bit silly. I mean c'mon, they spend millions of years watching the planet and they didn't know about the bacteria? At least wear a fucking space suite. :lol:

According to the book, the red stuff was the blood of their dead leader who was burried on earth centuries before. The movie makes it seem like human blood which is floating around because theyre getting exterminated.

Yeah, in the movie they show it as human blood, but what is the purpose of spraying it?

Milanista said:
The movie makes it seem like human blood which is floating around because theyre getting exterminated.
Thats what I thought, thanks for the reasoning.

I agree .. The machines were throwing it out :-s .. and they suck People blood :-s .. so what the .............. ?

Well, the film could have been a lot better (imo) if they all died. Or at least the son of Tom Cruise.

In the end they still wanted to create a feel-good atmosphere, which is just too unrealistic.

I also noticed the video camera thing btw.

Originally Posted by Flawl3ssCowb0y
I don't see what was wrong with the ending, you can't argue with it since its based on one of the most famous stories in history. They die just cause of the bacteria, they can't fight it (the "common cold"). Obviously, why didn't they know about it before they invaded etc, but that's just the way it is.

Anyway, just got back from seeing it. I thought it was an excellent film, the SFX were on another level completely for me, setting a new 'standard' if you will. From now it will be, "Well yeah, those special effects were good in The Matrix 67, but not as good as War of the Worlds."

There was something about the film I feel, that made it seem all so believable and real. On the way home in the car, I could imagine to myself perfectly, one of those 'tripods' clambering over the horizon ahead of us. Crazy stuff.

Tom Cruise played an awesome part, as did Dakota Fanning (Rachel) who is only 11, would you believe it.

Seeing all the comments about the ending being a let down before I went to see the film, I was expecting Tom Cruise to die or something. But I found nothing wrong with the ending, did you guys think the summing up of things rushed or something? I can't see any other way of them ending the film, especially on something such as an alien invasion.

Anyway, I rate the film 9/10

Totally agreed, i thought the film was amazing. Dakota Fanning is a brilliant little actress for her age, she played her part really well(the screaming got a bit annoying though). The CGI was excellent, dont think i've seen it that good before and the ending was spot on. Even though they were watching us all that time not even we can prevent or stop catching a cold or certain bacteria.

beachryan said:
How the f*(& did the brother survive? He waltzed up onto a hill WHICH EXPLODED seconds later. And after using his immunity to fire he then also got to boston before them. And despite being in a house with his family for at least some period of time, he hadn't cleaned the dirt off his face. I guess he likes the rugged look. Oh and in the beginning, after seeing even Tom Cruise's watch stop, some guy is fortunate enough to use a video camera to record the first tripod. Kind of weird.
Lol yea that was all a bit weird :lmao:
MrCoopz said:
Shit film and a waste of £5.50
Was that VUE cinema you went to see it?

Back
Top Bottom