VOTE to bring back "Shifting to attack" option and holding the defensive line

Bring back the "Shifting to attack" option and holding the defensive line

• Yes! Please put this back in! I want proper football! Let me have that option!

Votes: 101 92.7%
  • I like arcade football, but more options are better

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • I don't care either way

Votes: 5 4.6%

• Total voters
It's ok guys. We can still get to them with more people on board. They cannot ignore that noise.

How many people are on this site as a matter of interest? .. . only 79 votes?

The worst case scenario is we have to edit all tactics by ourselfs. Because actually you can copy team ID by saving and loading tactics for teams. Just tried to save Barca's tactic and load it for Real and it worked. The transition changed to "from green to orange" isntead of "blue to orange" for Madrid. It sucks that you have to edit everything else manually after that. But suddenly Casemeiro started to do his job and players were not running back and forth on the pitch like madmans.

Also pls note that the Orange only tactic is used automatically during derbies for both home & away teams.

Okay ill overwrite myself.

- Green only for ALL TEAMS ALMOST
- Green to orange for very high end teams
- Blue only & Blue to green to very low teams (but i wont even use this so bravely because what if that weeker league 1 team gets relegated? in the lower league will it defend against weaker sides?)
And thats it. No other mix is needed.

Youll see here why. The scoreline will change the base mentality anyways. ;)

Am i spamming the topic or is this considered as proof? :D

Last edited:
Okay ill overwrite myself.

- Green only for ALL TEAMS ALMOST
- Green to orange for very high end teams
- Blue only & Blue to green to very low teams
And thats it. No other mix is needed.

Youll see here why. The scoreline will change the base mentality anyways. ;)

Am i spamming the topic or is this considered as proof? :D

Wow. Such a difference...

Is there no global editor that can change it?
no, no-one global editing tools about that
only dino on PC following numbers of players in att / def (never tried but probably it required the birth of a new edit to be applied) if not hex on the edit or using save/ load slot inside the game plan (in the game)

Voted. (Don't use Twitter and never will.)

Can't believe how badly they resist these ideas.

Edit. Just to maximize the number of voters: Would it be beneficial if the "Shifting to attack"-option were explained with one sentence in the opening post?

Last edited:
Hi guys, voted yes ofc but don't have twitter to make righteous lobbyism over there, sorry!

Although i think it would be hard to program this option since now you also have advanced instructions that could mess it up.

My 2cts :
We really need to be able to choose what team uses what advanced instruction. I'm especially thinking about the one making defenses run back to their box without trying to take the ball away from you. This one is present in many many teams, and is highly relevant to the end to end problem.

There are numerous gamplay tweaks that allow us to make the game less end to end (support range, compactness, positions in fluid formations, roles, etc..) but none of that matters as long as we can't fix or edit advanced instructions.

That'd be a tremendous improvement towards playing a more sim based game.

Soo many examples of the good it could do to the game, barca would not play hug the touchlines, defending wouldn't be as broken as it is.. I could keep going but if you're here it probably annoys you too and you know well the issues.

They'd just need to ALLOW it to be edited and (un)selected for the IA, and a few of you and myself would happily create profiles for each team, same as PSD for players, and thus improving teams identity.

Advanced instructions were a step in the right direction, but not enough freedom as of now, and not enough diversity (more instructions pls).

However, binary instructions aren't as perfect as sliders. We need sliders for everything :D
Like players (cf- tendency to call the ball : in his feet/in the space
Tendency to call for ball : wide/center)
Would palliate the individuality we lost with teamwork and aggression stats.

Back
Top Bottom