Vista to XP Pes2008

robertobaggio100

Conference
8 March 2007
I want to downgrade from vista to Xp as it is garbage and my games are slow. Would it be worth it, will I see an improved change in pes 2008? or would I be wasting my time?

my spec is: Intel Celeron 3.08ghz, 1gb ram, Geforce 5200FX.

any help would be muchly appreciated!

not really with that gfx card. gonna be similar performance on xp maybe slightly better.

i have problems in the menu where you select which team you want to be and on the edit mode menu. I posted a thread but no-one replied, it seems to go really slow. the other menus and game runs fine, just them menus.

sorry m8 you havent got the pc to run PES08 even on low settings its gonna be shite, with the hardware you have got.

it says I have the recommended requirements on the back of the game, so I dont understand why not. I dont mind playing on low settings. once a decent patch comes out then hopefully it will look a bit better!

lol, on a celeron and that amount of ram im not suprised vista is running so slow

you cheeky git! vista itself is fine, only pes seems a bit crap, but only a couple of the menus as mentioned. all the other menus work fine...i just wondered whether it was to do with vista. Fifa 08 works good, even on high detail but just pes seems bad.

XP is better for games. However Vista has better design, sound quality (playing and recording), improved LAN (wich means better internet connection), etc etc

For me Vista is much better than XP, no chance. The problem is gaming... I only play PES 2008, and I had to downgrade to Win XP so I can play it with better frame rate.

XP is better for games. However Vista has better design, sound quality (playing and recording), improved LAN (wich means better internet connection), etc etc

For me Vista is much better than XP, no chance. The problem is gaming... I only play PES 2008, and I had to downgrade to Win XP so I can play it with better frame rate.

how did you downgrade? did you format your hard disk then, use the xp cd to run it?

You can create another partition using Vista's integrated tools and then install XP and PES on that. For the record, most Vista editions DO require pretty much double the RAM that XP does to play games decently. The only exception is the version you have to pay stupid money for - go figure.

I have it on both partitions and it runs fantastic in XP and it's almost unplayable in Vista. I'm talking a framerate drop of 60fps smooth in XP down to 15fps in Vista. Thanks, Micro$haft.

EDIT: That was on a Athlon X2 4200, Geforce 7600GT, 2GB RAM.

Back
Top Bottom