Vista or Xp and Which Graphics Card?

I have no tearing issue using my 8800GTS on Vista. Make sure you download the latest driver and also the right one. I'm currently using NVIDIA Control Panel 1.4.16.02. Now there's an option to actually force settings on programs. This includes V-sync. By default most would have it as "Use the 3D Application Setting". You can set it as force on. And under the programs setting tab, you can also edit different programs individually, if you have a particular setting specifically for that program.

@chelski8 - Yes your laptop gfx card would be able to run PES6.

Kamil r u sure that you have no tearing? This is news to me, have tried various drivers from guru3D and none of them seem to work. Wich forceware version is that 1.4.16.02 ? I use 163.11 and there is tearing however I put it. Do u make these settings under Program Settings-tab, making a special setting for pes6.exe? That wont do it for me.. plz would apreciate answer though thread is a bit dead...

Edit: I now found that using 163.11 puts my control panel in version 1.4.17.01.

Last edited:
I have no tearing issue using my 8800GTS on Vista. Make sure you download the latest driver and also the right one. I'm currently using NVIDIA Control Panel 1.4.16.02. Now there's an option to actually force settings on programs. This includes V-sync. By default most would have it as "Use the 3D Application Setting". You can set it as force on. And under the programs setting tab, you can also edit different programs individually, if you have a particular setting specifically for that program.

@chelski8 - Yes your laptop gfx card would be able to run PES6.

It's not a driver issue - forcing v-sync on the control panel no longer works in Vista unless the game supports it. This is a well known, well documented issue with Vista and will require a v-sync option in future games.

I am using vista x64, and forceware I am using is 163.44. But, Forcing v-sync to PES6 doesn't work. I did it just the same way I did in XP.

Some have found this application a solution.. nHancer.. try it out.. you can enable v-sync and such in it.. some says it works for forcing vsync in d3d games in vista.. but noone claims it has done it for pes6.. neither for me..

Back
Top Bottom