Virtua Tennis 3

Re: Virtua Tennis 3 (Arcade/PS3/Xbox 360)

looks a million times better that top spin 2.

Just gutted we have to wait ages for it to come out.

Mmmm... it might look better than Top Spin 2 (that screenie on the previous page doesn not do it justice, in real life it looks amazing!) but will it play better? Currently playing TS2 and loving it!

Anyway, can anyone say if those screens are 360 or PS3, and if they will be the same graphically.

djdoc360 said:
Arcade quality games coming home at last!!!

Nonsense mate, arcade quality has been at home for years. The Dreamcast? Virtua Tennis, Virtua Striker, Crazy Taxi, Confidental Mission, Sega Bass Fishing, Soul Caliber (actually less jaggy than the arcade!!!!) Plus many more................

ashmufc said:
Mmmm... it might look better than Top Spin 2 (that screenie on the previous page doesn not do it justice, in real life it looks amazing!) but will it play better? Currently playing TS2 and loving it!

Anyway, can anyone say if those screens are 360 or PS3, and if they will be the same graphically.

I agree, until you actually play Top Spin 2, you cant nark on about Virtua Tennis being better. I reckon the shots are arcade shots for now.

Re: Virtua Tennis 3 (Arcade/PS3/360/PC/PSP)

You said VT3 was on on PSP and PC.

PSP version is Virtua Tennis World Tour (an update of VT2)

PC version is the original Virtua Tennis.

I think TG means that VT3 will be coming to the PSP and PC, you donut. ;) This is VT3 thread, he wasnt talking about VT:WT.

have you guys not played the arcade version yet? I got myself the save card so can now start the tournament mode on arcade. i think VT3 is great but it doesnt really seem that much different from VT2 if you ask me. maybe i need to play for more hours before i can make that judgement though.

Holio said:
I think TG means that VT3 will be coming to the PSP and PC, you donut. ;) This is VT3 thread, he wasnt talking about VT:WT.
Exactly, sorry i says "out", but i mean out soon :) and Top Spin 2 out soon on PSP too.

I saw a video of the 360 version of VT3, Nadal kept falling to the floor on every shot? And when you hit the ball you get like green lines coming out, looks akward, but maybe the gameplay is good.

Nice video of Virtua Tennis 3 Xbox 360 from Japan Expo

http://www.xboxyde.com/news_3151_fr.html

Raphael Nadal :
894_0011.jpg

VAMOS !!!!!!!!!!!

Bad picture lol everything has blurred/shadowed big time! Its Dead Risings Zombies watching a game of tennis if you look at the crowd!

DJ

Virtua Tennis is great, it's one of the few games around where the controls just have THAT feeling, Virtua Fighter and PES being among the others.

just watched that video and i dont know if its just me but the gameplay dosen't convince me as much as i wanted it to, it dosen't just seem right. yeah the graphics is commendable to some extent but the gameplay i'm afraid i cant say the same about. i'm not going to knock it till i've played it but seeing that vid and some others has not made me any more eager to play the game than i was, and trust me that's not a good thing. ;)....... maybe because it dosen't play realistically and its more of an arcade style game than the more reality simulated top spin 2? hmmmmm.............

Well Games TM reviewed the arcade version, and gave it only 6/10 :shock:

They mentioned it plays too similar to VT2 for it to be a true sequel. Also said theres just far too much diving going on. I can agree on that as the video above showed to much jumping.

I know its supposed to be arcadey, but VT2 never had that much jumping around.

Adonis said:

They mentioned it plays too similar to VT2 for it to be a true sequel. Also said theres just far too much diving going on. I can agree on that as the video above showed to much jumping.

I know its supposed to be arcadey, but VT2 never had that much jumping around.

yeah i checked the review myself. thats exactly what i thought. i have played it every day since monday and it feel it is not much different from VT2.

Adonis said:

well it just keeps coming dont it?... i just hope for competitions sake this game turns out good at the end, because i just feel graphics like that just can't be wasted, or will it be one of those momments again where i'll be like, meh why cant i have the gameplay of top spin 2 and the graphics of VT3?.... only time will tell i suppose

Please stop posting shite Nick, not only did you start a new topic for PES on the DS when 3 spaces down it was there, but your always effin moaning about effin titles of things, wise the fuck up. I've had a bad day and unlucky for you, you got the bullet...........

Full list of players :

Amelie Mauresmo
Maria Sharapova
Venus Williams
Martina Hingis
Nicole Vaidisova
Lindsay Davenport
Daniela Hantuchova

Roger Federer
Andy Roddick
Lleyton Hewitt
Tim Henman
James Blake
Mario Ancic
Gael Monfils
Taylor Dent
David Nalbandian
Sebastien Grosjean
Juan Carlos Ferrero
Tommy Haas

source www.gemafront.com

virtua31tw5.jpg

virtua32nr9.jpg

virtua33fn7.jpg

virtua34ov3.jpg

virtua35yt2.jpg

Last edited:
i might not get this game, i prefer tp2 realy because its much more realistic that VT. if vvt has teh same gameplay has previous VT's than i will stick with my tp2 thank you very much!

why are they no adny murray?

IGN says PS3 aces 360 in Virtua Tennis

As IGN was checking out the new Virtua Tennis 3 for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 at Leipzig, they made note of the "slight" differences between the two versions saying that the PS3 edged out the 360 when it came to graphical dominance.

Plainly put, the PS3 looked a little better with sharper textures and incredibly detailed player models. It was almost eerie when we noticed the veins sticking out in our character's forehead.

To be fair, however, IGN does say that the different versions are being worked on by two different companies -- which could account for the slight differences. But, we're sure this won't stop the many fanboys ready to defend their camp on this new info.

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/24/ign-says-ps3-aces-360-in-virtua-tennis/

Back
Top Bottom