Virtua Tennis 3

Re: Virtua Tennis 3 (Arcade/PS3/Xbox 360)

Cheers TG :)

Virtua Tennis for PS3 is the most realistic tennis game I've played. The in-game player movements, cut scenes, and courses look beautiful, and the strokes feel very natural as well. One noticeable impression were Juan Ferrero's individual hair strands during a particular close-up. From a graphics standpoint, it was a detailed achievement. The AI, however, needs a little work. At one point, the computer swung at a lob that had already bounced out. Regardless, this title is shaping up very well and is a nice contrast to the more "arcady" Wii Sports: Tennis.
Review from joystig, they give it a thumbs up.

LOL ashmufc i see the review in same time !
Look very good, buy it !

link : http://www.joystiq.com/2006/05/11/ps3-impressions-virtua-tennis/

IMG_3002.jpg

I'm going to quickly compare this to Top spin 2

Overall

VT3 beats top spin in player models and SOME animations but not in others.

top spin when compared to this is STILL good seeing as how it's still s fisrt generation next generation game.

NickSCFC said:
No 360 version at E3?

I remember reading in Joystiq that there was....One blogger elsewhere had compared them apparently - now, I don't know whether this guy is a M$ nutcase - but he said that the jaggies of the PS3 is far more evident: otherwise, it is pretty much the same.

Im glad Sega didnt make it a PS3 Exclusive... that would have been stupid IMHO.

DJ

djdoc360 said:
Im glad Sega didnt make it a PS3 Exclusive... that would have been stupid IMHO.

DJ

I wouldn't say it would be particularly stupid....if Sony paid big bucks to make their titles exclusive, I'll gladly purchase the PS3 (and I'm sure many others will do the same). Sega may have benefitted a lot financially (but maybe not for the long term)...

But I for one am glad that this whole exclusivity business is fading out :)

PES on Xbox 360 isnt an exclusive is it?

There will still be PES's on PS3

DJ

djdoc360 said:
PES on Xbox 360 isnt an exclusive is it?

There will still be PES's on PS3

DJ

Alot speak about a 6 months exclusivity for the Xbox 360 version...
I hope it's wrong, but KAiWAi think 6 months too

Although I have no backing about this (i.e. I am talking out of my arse), I don't think it is an exclusivity deal as such - it's just time to readjust to the PS3 development tools. It may be less than the six months statement going around...

I agree with Rocky, MS may claim some exclusivity until the title gets launched on the PS3, but it will just be the fact that it will be on the XB360 first as the PS3 wont be launched when PES comes out. Konami know how much PES and the MGS series brings into their coffers.

Fact remains...if Sony hadn't been concentrating on the financial subsidies required to sell the BluRay PS3 so cheap - and used that money instead to tie up exclusive deals with companies such as Sega and Konami, there wouldn't be a 360 Vs PS3 debate at all :(

The game looks good but how much can they actually do with a next-gen Tennis game? It will be a great game but will we really see anything new and spectacular?

Those screenshots look ace! Arcade quality games coming home at last!!!

DJ

Back
Top Bottom