Virtua Tennis 3

Re: Virtua Tennis 3 (Arcade/PS3)

Notice how the HUDs and menus are kept to the centre of the screen? Alot of the VT3 arcade cabinets will use standard 4:3 ratio screen in the UK instead of widescreen. Still be HD though.

Last edited:

Looking at those screens, I'd say Top Spin is looking better, but it'll all depend how the game moves. I was a big fan of Virtua Tennis, but Top Spin was also a pretty good game.

Nah, new Top Spin looks a bit cack to me...

928289_20060330_screen002.jpg

Virtua Tennis 3 much better...

sega33.jpg

Expect VT3 to be announced for PS3 at E3 in May!

For me VT3 look better
and few test from fans of Top Spin 1, the 2 is under

need to wait Smatch court now

I've not heard a single person say Topspin 1 was better. Everyone I know or have heard from agrees that Topspin 2 improves on everything from the original and then some and the online aspect I smooth as anything. You need to wait for smasn court anyway as you don't have a 360.

for me Smash court is the best i've played. i find Topspin 2 plays as shit as the first one i really hope thay make a Smash court for 360

ThomasGOAL said:
I'm graphist, i work on Photoshop, what do you mean ?
sega25.jpg
Someone could have easily drawn that screenshot in photoshop.

JayD said:
Top spin 2 is class.

Its lame!!!

Safe shot is the crappest idea for a tennis game!

VT3 looks awesome but Smash Court IS the best tennis game!

rockykabir said:
forget all that...why do they still have Henman?!

Maybe as he was in the other two and you need variety not just baseliners!

Each to their own but a lot more are impressed than not with topspin 2 and if you liked number 1 you'll love number 2. Simple. Anyway this is a VT3 thread so i'll let it get back on topic.

Wa Hey! please do the same for Europe! Release on 360 plzz SEGA!!! I have always been a fan of you Since Sonic :)

DJ

Tis great news, though I am enjoying TS2, but tis almost a year to release so it can only get better!!! Henman may play well this year to stay in the game!!! ;)

NickSCFC said:
Virtua Tennis and Virtua Fighter are PlayStation exclusive games now, plus the Lyndburg arcade machine uses nVidea graphics just like PS3.

NickSCFC said:
Sega's Japanese arcade games and "Virtua" series are exclusive to PlayStation now.

Apart from OutRun2 and HOTD4 which were ported to Xbox because it shared the same arcade hardware. The only Sega games coming out for Xbox 360 are the ones made in America/Europe (which aren't actually Sega because REAL Sega is Japanese).

NickSCFC said:
If it weren't for console exclusives, then there wouldn't be any point in having 3 consoles on the market.

If it pisses you off so much then maybe you should've waited instead of rushing into buying a 360. Or maybe you should get all 3 consoles, then you'll never have to moan.

LOL you were saying? Sorry couldn't resist. But honestly exclusives will become less and less frequent from now on as companies realize there is too much money to be made.

Re: Virtua Tennis 3 (Arcade/PS3/Xbox 360)

Go fuck yaself ;)

Seriously, this is why experts are saying most hardcore gamers will get a PS3 or 360 AND a Revolution.

Apart from Halo 3, 360 has nothing over PS3.

Last-gen Microsoft had graphics and online play over Sony, now they have nothing! Sony have Blu-ray and 1080p over 360.

Last edited:

My point is none will soon have anything over the other as only house will remain exclusive. i.e microsoft and sony owned companies, the others are a business and multi format is the way to go.

I think this is why we're seeing Sony buying Ninja Theory and Microsoft buying Lionhead. I guess I just miss the old Nintendo vs Sega days where you bought a console purely based on games.

I think Revolution has the advantage here, but then I'd love to see Vrtua Tennis on it with a new control system.

Agrees with TG the graphics look brilliant compared to Top Spin and I always loved Virtua Tennis on the DreamCast :)

DJ

Ok, the game looks great. But as you can see in the movie they hardly changed anything gameplay-wise. It looks almost exactly the same as VT1 and VT2 :S

Thos screenshots are AMAZING!
I haven't played a tennis game since on Dreamcast. Thos PS3 screens look amazing.

HURRY UP! Those screens make me want to wait for PS3 instead of buying 360.

@ Ashmufc, should your last statement be the other way round :confused:, or am i missing something ;)............. oh well, screens looks very high def and eye catching, cant wait till nov :)

Back
Top Bottom