Virgin warns illegal downloaders: stop or face prosecution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad I live in Sweden, downloading here is pretty much encouraged! Apparently there will soon be a law passed that you can download anything you like as long as it's only for personal use :)

I also pay for a newsgroup server, Megabitz, £7.50 per month for unlimited with 5 connections (you can usually use about 12 in Newsbin without problem) gives me 22mb - 23mb of my 24mb connection and maxed out my 12mb connection when in Singapore, has 110 day binary retention as well :)

Proxy's slow down the Download Speed and even that is traceable. Lets face it the vice is being cranked up harder and there is just no point in doing it anymore.

Its never gonna be stopped

as soon as they get close people will come up with ways to encrypt the stuff so they aint got a clue what's being downloaded (like some clients do already)

Yup. If there is something those people should have learned by now is that, if you cut a head, 7 more will pop up.

It's unstoppable.

Ask youselves. What is easier! Getting a show from BT, or being home at that exact time the show is about to start?
Or getting a DRM music, where you can only use on a certain amount devices, or use DRM free music with no restrictions. Why the hell should I pay for a reduced version of the same thing I can get for free and enjoy it fully.

I have no problem in paying for stuff, but if the companies make people enjoy less the product people are going to download.

I prefer a million times going to see a movie in a theater that at home on a small screen. Of course the movies have to be good. Not like hearing excuses from MPAA saying that the reason people don't watch is because of piracy. Bollock, if the movie is good people will watch it.

And games, well usually If you want to enjoy it fully you need to get a legit copy these days to fully enjoy it. But even before I payed for my games and still do.

EDIT: My post isn't against the rules right? :)

Last edited:
Glad I live in Sweden, downloading here is pretty much encouraged! Apparently there will soon be a law passed that you can download anything you like as long as it's only for personal use :)

I also pay for a newsgroup server, Megabitz, £7.50 per month for unlimited with 5 connections (you can usually use about 12 in Newsbin without problem) gives me 22mb - 23mb of my 24mb connection and maxed out my 12mb connection when in Singapore, has 110 day binary retention as well :)

yeah ok, the sweeden is going to get there pants sued off.. and people wonder why music sucks these days...

Yup. If there is something those people should have learned by now is that, if you cut a head, 7 more will pop up.

It's unstoppable.

Ask youselves. What is easier! Getting a show from BT, or being home at that exact time the show is about to start?
Or getting a DRM music, where you can only use on a certain amount devices, or use DRM free music with no restrictions. Why the hell should I pay for a reduced version of the same thing I can get for free and enjoy it fully.

I have no problem in paying for stuff, but if the companies make people enjoy less the product people are going to download.

I prefer a million times going to see a movie in a theater that at home on a small screen. Of course the movies have to be good. Not like hearing excuses from MPAA saying that the reason people don't watch is because of piracy. Bollock, if the movie is good people will watch it.

And games, well usually If you want to enjoy it fully you need to get a legit copy these days to fully enjoy it. But even before I payed for my games and still do.

EDIT: My post isn't against the rules right? :)

well wait to your isp starts blocking all ports except 80 and 25 and 110.. then we will see how you will bt.. i guess you could tunnel it but that would be really really slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom