violence in videogames

Re: football_fan's question thread

i will be sure to wish you a happy birthday come sat
do you have any kids who do play video games
if so what type of video games
i.e. adventure,violent etc...

thanks again :D

I do not have any children no, I do have a 26 year old (today!) wife who plays all types of games, including violent ones :)

Violent games:
Postal 2 (it's beautiful man!)
GTA IV (a lot of this goes down to the lovely Euphoria engine)
Hitman : Blood Money (subtle but brutal)

Most fun would have to be:
Shenmue
Mario Kart 64
Hitman : Blood Money

After I play the Fifa 09 demo I feel like I want to cut someones testicles off, put sea salt and eat them raw; all while the guy watches and bleeds on the floor. Other than that I don't have any other kind of violent tendencies after playing any other kind of game. I remember after playing the original Silent Hill on PS1 I had this overwhlming urge to pick nice flowers and sniff them.

After I play the Fifa 09 demo I feel like I want to cut someones testicles off, put sea salt and eat them raw; all while the guy watches and bleeds on the floor. Other than that I don't have any other kind of violent tendencies after playing any other kind of game. I remember after playing the original Silent Hill on PS1 I had this overwhlming urge to pick nice flowers and sniff them.

lol ok mate

Violent games:
Postal 2 (it's beautiful man!)
GTA IV (a lot of this goes down to the lovely Euphoria engine)
Hitman : Blood Money (subtle but brutal)

Most fun would have to be:
Shenmue
Mario Kart 64
Hitman : Blood Money

cheers mate...yeh i get what you mean about Hitman

Its just a game!

If you don't like violence stay away from the 18 certificates

Some sick cunts are spoiling our games. "today a man went and shot 12 people after playing a violent video game called GTA4"

It wasn't the fucking game it was the looney who was playing it that did it. If people are blaming anything for things like that surely films should get it in the neck first? They started the violence genre in the first place with all there war films and horrors

Its just a game!

If you don't like violence stay away from the 18 certificates

Some sick cunts are spoiling our games. "today a man went and shot 12 people after playing a violent video game called GTA4"

It wasn't the fucking game it was the looney who was playing it that did it. If people are blaming anything for things like that surely films should get it in the neck first? They started the violence genre in the first place with all there war films and horrors

thanks for your input mate
i agree with waht you say about films...i also agree with your point that if you do like violent vidoe games stay away from the 18 certificate....you have helped alot with my project thanks...

but wouldnt you agree that some people are negatively or may be positively influenced by video games...in the same way they may be influenced by films, music, people etc...?

ps: i love all games whether someone considers them violent or not...its more the story and gameplay i enjoy...

but wouldnt you agree that some people are negatively or may be positively influenced by video games...in the same way they may be influenced by films, music, people etc...?

A nut job is a nut job is a nut job, if someone is unbalanced they can be influenced by anything, David Berkowitz (the son of sam serial killer) said he was influenced by messages from his neighbour's dog, should we ban dogs?

Placebo has summed it up

If a game/film can push you over the edge and make you violent then your already have a screw loose

No normal person would play GTA and think im gonna go outside and shoot someone after

A nut job is a nut job is a nut job, if someone is unbalanced they can be influenced by anything, David Berkowitz (the son of sam serial killer) said he was influenced by messages from his neighbour's dog, should we ban dogs?

i understand what you are saying...lets say if video games were to be banned...people will just find something else to blame....its just it seems that video games are a easy target these days

Not sure why you are asking such narrow questions if you are doing this for anything more than a school project FF...?
You can get far more detailed information, statistics and balance from similar work on the Internet and other references...?

Not sure why you are asking such narrow questions if you are doing this for anything more than a school project FF...?
You can get far more detailed information, statistics and balance from similar work on the Internet and other references...?
1. i want to get a A+ ;)
2. plus i am interested in this topic very much...i want to see the views of those who use forums and such
2. i am also gathering info from the web but thats more secondary research....i want to conduct some of my own n stuff

Last edited:
Yes and he does it because if he sues and wins he gets a percentage of whatever he earns for the family, he sees game publishers as having deep pockets so he goes after them, he's just an ambulance chaser.

Yes and he does it because if he sues and wins he gets a percentage of whatever he earns for the family, he sees game publishers as having deep pockets so he goes after them, he's just an ambulance chaser.

wow thanks i didnt know he gets that

I went to jail for violence in 1985.Was'nt influenced by no film or video game,just did what needed to be done.A man pulls out a tool you bust his head open and you go to jail.Alot of young dudes just want to hurt people because they got no respect for life.They can kill someone and then play GTA in jail..WTF?

He did say a man pulled out his tool, bust his head must mean a five knuckle shuffle in Wales or something

Not that tool,i knew i was gonna pay for that with you unforgiving bastards.A knife i should have said,so i bust his head with a house brick and got sent to jail.It was self defence from my point of veiw.Good job i did'nt say "bust a nut" fucking hell you lot a bastards...:CONFUSE::SHAKE::DOH:

Back
Top Bottom