violence in videogames

football_fan

League 2
22 September 2008
Arsenal
football_fan's question thread

i have some questions to ask about video games in genral (violent videos games to help me with this project i am doing

can any one please give me aa list of three each for these questions plz
1. what are the three most violent video game you have played?
2. the most fun game you have played?

thank you guys very much for helpin me....it will be much apreciated

and i hoping the answer for question 2 is FIFA ;))

thank you again

Last edited:
Re: football_fan's question thread

GTA4 - Xbox 360.
Friday the 13th - Commodore 64.
Soldier of Fortune - PC.

Tricky because different platforms have different types of fun games, I'll choose two:

Fifa 08 - Xbox 360.
Armed Assault - PC.

Postal
Thrill Kill
Soldier of Fortune

With friends not into single player really

Fifa 09
WE7/WE6 forgot which
Athens
Mashed

So many more i forgot, Karaoke is very very funny as well

Weird how Soldier of Fortune is in both our lists as well because i didn't see yours before i typed this

I agree with Coopz on the game Postal, I remember my dad playing that and the game was just so violent and gory. No other games can really come up to mind, because I never really played violent games with the exception of GTA.

For fun, getting games like Guitar Hero, Call of Duty 4, Fifa, are thrilling games. I strongly suggest you get a game like Rock Band or the new Guitar Hero.

Manhunt has to be there on the most violent games list surely :DD.

Violent games:
Manhunt (1 and 2)
GTA IV
Carmageddon TDR 2000

Most fun would have to be:
GTA: Vice City
PES5
ISS2000

Last edited by a moderator:

Violent:
Postal 2, anthrax cow heads FTW.

Most Fun:
GTA: Vice City, spent hours, infact days on that. Loved it, really fun.

hey guys...i doing this project where by i have to analyze whether or not violence in video games is damaging ouir society...can you please answer these questions it will help alot and i will be really great fully
1. what is the top three violent games you have played?
2. where you distured by these?
3. if not briefly why?

thanks a lot for you help ;D

edit: clearer question

i have some questions to ask about video games in genral (violent videos games to help me with this project i am doing

can any one please give me aa list of three each for these questions plz

thank you guys very much for helpin me....it will be much apreciated

and i hoping the answer for question 2 is FIFA

thank you again

Last edited:
hey guys...i doing this project where by i have to analyze whether or not violence in video games is damaging ouir society...can you please answer these questions it will help alot and i will be really great fully
1. what is the top three violent games you have played?
2. where you distured by these?
3. if not briefly why?

thanks a lot for you help ;D

Underling everything makes people violent you know... ;))

Manhunt disturbed me.

1. Who the hell thought of the kills and thought 'this is so much fun to slice someone throat open with a bottle and then jab their eyes out!'

2. The people on the internet who would go on and on about how they can't wait for Manhunt to come out as they're gagging to stab people and rip their faces open and cut their throats apart and kick their corpse.

I can't think of any other game where the violence has disturbed me. I'm sure there has been the odd GTA cutscene that's been a bit too much like seeing someone beatne to death in a cut scene or tortured - yeah these things are in films but i seem to feel its more real in games for some reason.

The guy on here - I forget his username - really disturbed me before GTA IV was released, saying things like "I hope you get to rape prostitutes and slit their throats, otherwise they haven't advanced the game enough". When people responded to it he would just list all the things he would like to do in a game, and it was a bit... Shocking. Saying that, the missus loves all the sites where you see people jumping off buildings and killing themselves; I find it completely and utterly disgusting and disturbing, and she says I'm the warped one for not having any curiousity. I can see her point of view but at the same time I wouldn't look at any of that stuff if you paid me, literally. But anyway...

I don't pick games based on violence; I don't mind if it's in a story obviously but if it's just there to shock rather than being part of a good, well-written story, then I'm not interested. So the most violent games I've played personally are "tame" games; Unreal (with the limbs flying everywhere), GTA (nuff said) and Max Payne (which wasn't particularly gore-packed, but the fact that a guy goes home to a dead wife and baby jolts you a bit).

The guy on here - I forget his username - really disturbed me before GTA IV was released, saying things like "I hope you get to rape prostitutes and slit their throats, otherwise they haven't advanced the game enough". When people responded to it he would just list all the things he would like to do in a game, and it was a bit... Shocking. Saying that, the missus loves all the sites where you see people jumping off buildings and killing themselves; I find it completely and utterly disgusting and disturbing, and she says I'm the warped one for not having any curiousity. I can see her point of view but at the same time I wouldn't look at any of that stuff if you paid me, literally. But anyway...

I don't pick games based on violence; I don't mind if it's in a story obviously but if it's just there to shock rather than being part of a good, well-written story, then I'm not interested. So the most violent games I've played personally are "tame" games; Unreal (with the limbs flying everywhere), GTA (nuff said) and Max Payne (which wasn't particularly gore-packed, but the fact that a guy goes home to a dead wife and baby jolts you a bit).
Carebear by name... :LOL:

yeah these things are in films but i seem to feel its more real in games for some reason.
thanks...is this because you feel like you have more control over what is happenig in the videos game?..kind of like you are doing in but in a movie you are just watching it if you know what i mean?

thanks alot mate...yeh those people do scare me little too...and i understand what you mean by it is not the violence that really draws you to the game but the story....
do you think that alos the high graphical abilities of the XBOX360 nad PS3 are making these sort of games more and more real?

GTA4 - Xbox 360.
Friday the 13th - Commodore 64.
Soldier of Fortune - PC.

Tricky because different platforms have different types of fun games, I'll choose two:

Fifa 08 - Xbox 360.
Armed Assault - PC.

thanks for the info placebo....soldier of fortune is great...
you dont mind me askin how old you are?

thanks...is this because you feel like you have more control over what is happenig in the videos game?..kind of like you are doing in but in a movie you are just watching it if you know what i mean?

Yeah - With a film i'm watching someone else - in a game the lead character is ME.

In some games whan my character starts killing or hurting someone i'm sat there thinking 'i wouldn't have done that' or 'why is my character acting like that?'

If it's a scene where my guy is watching someone else get hurt i end up thinking that i wouldn't want to see that so how is my guy happy to.

It's like they expect me to identify with the lead character and develop a bond with them and then they'll force my character into doing horrible things and i end up losing that bond and end up hating the guy im controlling by the end.

Some times i can just sit back and accept that the person im controlling HAS to be an arse at times but if you look at manhunt 1 - he doesn't HAVE to kill the enemies in a gory way but the game rewards you for it so in that sense you are forced into killing in horrific ways.

Postal
Thrill Kill
Soldier of Fortune

With friends not into single player really

Fifa 09
WE7/WE6 forgot which
Athens
Mashed

So many more i forgot, Karaoke is very very funny as well

Weird how Soldier of Fortune is in both our lists as well because i didn't see yours before i typed this

yeh soldier of fortune is sounding a bit popular....thanks a lot mate...
you dont mind me asking how old you are do you?

Violent:
Postal 2, anthrax cow heads FTW.

Most Fun:
GTA: Vice City, spent hours, infact days on that. Loved it, really fun.

thanks alot...
what is it in vice city that really intersted you...was it the culture, violence, story....or will you say it was a bit of both?

I agree with Coopz on the game Postal, I remember my dad playing that and the game was just so violent and gory. No other games can really come up to mind, because I never really played violent games with the exception of GTA.

For fun, getting games like Guitar Hero, Call of Duty 4, Fifa, are thrilling games. I strongly suggest you get a game like Rock Band or the new Guitar Hero.

nice answer mate...
can i ask why you put call of duty in fun rather than in violent...some may say it is more violent than fun seeing as its a war game and all....i agree with you but can you be slightly more specific about COD? THANKS

;D THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR HELPING ME THUS FAR :D

for those of you i have asked extra questions please get back to me on those...cheers

Manhunt has to be there on the most violent games list surely :DD.
yeh manhunt has to be...but is wierd manhunt 1 was violent and this worried me....but when manhunt 2 came out i still wnated to play it...to see which lines rockstar will cross next if you know what i mean?

manhunt 1 - he doesn't HAVE to kill the enemies in a gory way but the game rewards you for it so in that sense you are forced into killing in horrific ways.
i think you hit the nail on the head there mate about a sense of reward...you play a single player game to complete the game with the most point or whatever...if it means killing as many people as possible...then that is what will happing...

thanks for the info

do you mind me asking how old you are?

Last edited:
My middle brother who is 26 in October doesn't seem phased by games. He tends to play GTA style stuff and always seemed to have more fun driving around killing innocents and causing hell. He hates doing the story missions and seems to have a problem with being told what to do next. He's the same in real life... oh... but without the killing and causing hell. I mean he's always hated being told what to do by our parents and when he moved out i think he was made up. I think he just likes any kind of game where he can just do what he wants and mess around without having to face consequences.

My younger brother who will be 22 this December gets affected by games easily. He lives with my parents still and if my mum walks in front of him while he's playing he'll snap at her and tell her to 'MUM! Move out of my way - im trying to play on fifa' - he doesn't swear or get violent but he does talk to her like shit. He seems to like all kinds of games... and it does seem he buys what ive bought so i buy BF Bad company he buys it - i have rockband he now has it...

He gets wound up very easily with games as well - if the AI on a game 'cheat' or start to batter him he'll start getting angry and end up turning the console off in a huff and if anyone says anything to him he'll snap at them.

So I guess my middle brother acts a certain way in real life and aims for games that allow him to continue being that person. And my youngest brother enjoys games but does get wound up and has the occasional outburst at someone when things don't go his way. Now if he wasn't on a game and say man utd lost he'd be ... well not upset but he'd not be over the moon they lost. But if i wound him up over it he doesn't care. Yet if hes on a game and i beat him 3-0 on the game and then laugh at him he'll strop off and sulk.

I guess that's because ive beaten HIM.

Back
Top Bottom