videocard for pes

winning11

Conference
20 July 2005
my ps2 just broke :( So i Have to play pes on my pc now. My specs are:

AMD sempron 3000+ 64 bits
512 mb
64mb onboard videocard <------ this sucks, so i need a new videocard to play pes with, what card should i get that will allow my to play future versions of pes, pes6? My budget is >150. it has to be a AGP card i've been told :roll:

Do you play only PES5 or any other games. I'd go with the AGP version of nVidia GeForce 6600 GT (I'm saving for it myself). I don't know how much it costs, though.

And what kind of budget do you have? Dollars? Euros? Pounds?

i play oother games, but at the end of the day pes is my favourite. Mybudget is in euro's. And i heard PCI is a possibility to. I saw a 6800XT for 150euro's in holland

If you have an AGP motherboard then it will also accept PCI. However, PCI sucks compared to AGP, the best is PCI Express. PCI-E>AGP>PCI. I had the same problem where my crappy geforce2 mx100 wouldn't run PES5, so I got an ATI RADEON 9550 256mb AGP card from Best Buy for 80US (it was on sale). I'm assuming the next PES will run good on it (IT BETTER!!!).

i think i'm gonna go for the 6800xt, it should be a bit better then the 6600gt. But is it good enough to play pes6 next year? dont wanna spend a lot ofmoney again then....

Bebeto 94 said:
Ive recently bought the 6600GT AGP... Still undecided as to whether it was better than my 9800 pro.

I agree. A couple months ago I "upgraded" from 9800pro AGP to 6600GT AGP and honestly don't see much difference either. I don't see the glittering artifacts on the jersey numbers that you were talking about in another post though, but then again, it may just be my monitor. My settings are pretty much the default at 60Hz with v-sync on (you know the usual).

Last edited:
I play it on Asus GF 6600 128MB Silencer and game work perfect in Serbia this Card cost around 120euros

Is AGP Radeon x700 256 mb better than 9800 pro?Is it good at all and should it be enough for the next pes?I don't know much about this things.:roll:

hi guys i have MX4000 128MB and sometimes is sugs! i play the pes in medium details an some Eidos games doesn't play! i want to buy a 256MB video card and i'dont know which!!! can anybody help me? i want to spend maximun 150euro

thx, sorry for my english

For that price range, I recommend a 9800pro or 6600GT. Either would work well with PES and most (if not all) other games out there, at pretty good resolution etc.

anyone know if the 6200's are any good?

been looking at a couple, £50 for 256mb and £72 for £512

i used to have a geforce 4 4200 ti which packed up a couple of months ago so have been using a riva tnt 2 ultra which i took out of my daughters pc and as expected it's useless for games, now she's getting on my back because her pc isn't working so i need to get a new card for myself

i'm planning on building a new pc in around 6 months time and getting a good pci-e card but i want something cheap just to tide me over until then, my motherboard only supports agp 4x if that makes any difference

Last edited:
The 6200 has a good value for money as it is very cheap. A friend of mine bought one a couple of months ago and he's quit content with it. But it depends on what kind of games you would like to play with it (and on what settings). You should just be able to play pes5 with high settings with 1280-1024 resolution.

Processor of graphic ATI Radeon X1600PRO Frequency of processor 500 MHz Engine 12 pixel pipeline Interface of transaction Memory/Processor 128-bit Memory 512 MB Bus PCI Express Frequency of memory 800 MHz DirectX 3D Hardware DirectX 9 OpenGL OpenGL 2.0 RAMDAC 400 MHz Exits VGA/DVI/TV Configuration elah. Windows 2000/XP

this is ATI Radeon X1600PRO i'll buy it! but i want your opinion!

anybody who try it? i'll play pes in high resolution?

giannis said:
hi guys i have MX4000 128MB and sometimes is sugs!

I had the same problem, good PC with good stuff, only the MX-card ruined it. PES supports every video-card, but not the MX-types. So I bought a cheap ATI Radeon-card (the 9250 for just 50 euro's) and it now works perfect on high quality and high-res. My videocard just poisoned the good quality of my PC, and now it's over :applause:

mazanga said:
The 6200 has a good value for money as it is very cheap. A friend of mine bought one a couple of months ago and he's quit content with it. But it depends on what kind of games you would like to play with it (and on what settings). You should just be able to play pes5 with high settings with 1280-1024 resolution.

thanks for that, sounds like it'll do me ok for 6 months until i get my new pc built

guys the placement of my old card is AGP

ATI Radeon X1600PRO is PCI

i must buy a AGP card? or is the same?

*PCI Expansion slot
provides one 32-bit PCI slot

what this mean''32-bit" ?

You probably already know this, but just be sure that if you want a PCI express card (PCI-e), your motherboard supports PCIe and NOT just PCI.

DGutierrez32 said:
If you have an AGP motherboard then it will also accept PCI. However, PCI sucks compared to AGP, the best is PCI Express. PCI-E>AGP>PCI. I had the same problem where my crappy geforce2 mx100 wouldn't run PES5, so I got an ATI RADEON 9550 256mb AGP card from Best Buy for 80US (it was on sale). I'm assuming the next PES will run good on it (IT BETTER!!!).

A 9550!

OO-ER......If Konami decide that the PC version of PES6 is to be a direct port of the PS2 version (again :-( ), then the 9550 will run it it no probs. However, if they decide to base the PC version on the X-Box 360 version :-), then u will be up shit creek with that 9550!

Out of interest......fo you run PES5 with all settings on high with high resolution?

fishcake said:
thanks for that, sounds like it'll do me ok for 6 months until i get my new pc built

I heard that a 6200 can get overclocked to some pretty decent speeds (it can come very close to a stock 6600 GT)

giannis said:
guys the placement of my old card is AGP

ATI Radeon X1600PRO is PCI

i must buy a AGP card? or is the same?

Buy an AGP card, cause motherboards with AGP doesn't has PCI express slot, recomends; geforce 6800 gs around 200 usd (as much) if not geforce 6600 gt (Around 150 usd as much)

For PCI express guys(and girls) 6800 gs or the same 6600 gt (same prices).

And I think those cards will be able to handle WE 10 too :).

Sincerely Shin Mike.

total said:
I heard that a 6200 can get overclocked to some pretty decent speeds (it can come very close to a stock 6600 GT)

True , but it still suck compared to a 6600gt overcloked :)

And for these who plan to buy a 6600gt , I got it , really good , don't listen to those guys who say that its not really better than a 9800 pro , maybe yes it aint for pes , but if you wanna play other games too , 9800 pro s gonna get owned :)
But you have to know that , to play pes with a geforce 6600 gt , you have to turn the Vsync off , otherwise it will display a damn annoyin line :(

Back
Top Bottom